Sean Burns of BoneDeth

Related:
Create New Tag

3/17/2020 7:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/17/2020 7:22 PM

Saw this posted on another site

"Whether you're a friend or fan of BoneDeth Im bummed to let people know Sean Burns shattered his spine doing what he loves to do,Ride BMX. Sean can feel everything and will be getting surgery today. This isn’t about riding roofs or helmet or no helmet it’s about living every day doing what you love with people you love to do it with Best wishes and a speedy recovery Sean."

|

3/17/2020 7:25 PM

Links?

|

Old,stupid,and funny.

3/17/2020 7:30 PM

bloghogs wrote:

Links?

https://www.instagram.com/p/B91oPbvnDgt/




curious what the setup was/how it happened

|

3/17/2020 7:46 PM

His surgery went successful and he should walk again , but it will be a long recovery , Sean is the man

|

3/17/2020 9:42 PM

more than a man
two or three men... at least.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

3/18/2020 4:49 AM

Damn that sucks!☹️

Can someone educate me a little about the health care system in the US, is it because he didn't have an insurance he end up with a 66000 USD bill for the surgery or is there no insurances that cover these kind of injuries (extrem sport related and such)?

|

3/18/2020 5:15 AM

MH wrote:

Damn that sucks!

Can someone educate me a little about the health care system in the US, is it because he didn't have an ...more

I bet he had insurance and still ended up with that bill to be honest. He may have had a high deductible plan or there was just some stuff the insurance said they wouldn't cover (like an ambulance ride or something). If he didn't have insurance it would have been a lot more expensive. Our health care system is great if you are rich sucks if you aren't.

|

3/18/2020 5:36 AM

Imagine having to insure Sean Burns

|

3/18/2020 5:41 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/18/2020 5:41 AM

MH wrote:

Damn that sucks!

Can someone educate me a little about the health care system in the US, is it because he didn't have an ...more

93EXCivic wrote:

I bet he had insurance and still ended up with that bill to be honest. He may have had a high deductible plan or there was ...more

Chances are that could have been his surgery bill. Many people quote what their surgery price tag was but don't actually pay that. Chances are, he had insurance & will pay a fraction of that.... maybe 3500-6000 worth. That's complete speculation, however.

|

3/18/2020 6:04 AM

MH wrote:

Damn that sucks!

Can someone educate me a little about the health care system in the US, is it because he didn't have an ...more

American here, let me spare you the details and just get right down to it - he's fucked.

|

3/18/2020 6:05 AM

93EXCivic wrote:

I bet he had insurance and still ended up with that bill to be honest. He may have had a high deductible plan or there was ...more

I see, thanks for explaining, thanks Mishinn_control as well!

|

3/18/2020 6:07 AM

MH wrote:

Damn that sucks!

Can someone educate me a little about the health care system in the US, is it because he didn't have an ...more

falloftroy20 wrote:

American here, let me spare you the details and just get right down to it - he's fucked.

Haha I bet my school time would've been much more interesting if you were my teacher!😆

I hope you're wrong so Burns will be fine but I think you're right!

|

3/18/2020 6:13 AM

should've sent him to a hospital in Venezuela since he loves socialism so much

|

It’s all bmx

3/18/2020 6:23 AM

adamnmexican wrote:

should've sent him to a hospital in Venezuela since he loves socialism so much

Aren't there other, a bit more functional socialist countries?

|

3/18/2020 7:00 AM

MH wrote:

Damn that sucks!

Can someone educate me a little about the health care system in the US, is it because he didn't have an ...more

falloftroy20 wrote:

American here, let me spare you the details and just get right down to it - he's fucked.

Not necessarily. Completely depends on his insurance and financial situation.

|

3/18/2020 10:22 AM

MH wrote:

Damn that sucks!

Can someone educate me a little about the health care system in the US, is it because he didn't have an ...more

falloftroy20 wrote:

American here, let me spare you the details and just get right down to it - he's fucked.

bobPA wrote:

Not necessarily. Completely depends on his insurance and financial situation.

one time i talked to Sean and he said Bonedeth only had $100 in the bank. I doubt he has any insurance or savings.

|

It’s all bmx

3/18/2020 10:54 AM

falloftroy20 wrote:

American here, let me spare you the details and just get right down to it - he's fucked.

bobPA wrote:

Not necessarily. Completely depends on his insurance and financial situation.

adamnmexican wrote:

one time i talked to Sean and he said Bonedeth only had $100 in the bank. I doubt he has any insurance or savings.

The US does have things like state aid insurance-a buddy of mine had it when he was in college and it covered his ankle surgery and the plate removal like a year later. He paid like 4 bucks a month for it.

I know other folks who are super low income that get it as well. In some cases it covers everything FULLY, aside from like cosmetic stuff not related to an injury (so if you wanted like a facelift, or implants or something that's all you,but if you got smoked by a car and they had to rebuild your face it would be covered).

But people also make payments. My dad's friend's wife had cancer and racked up like 4 mil in bills from it over several years. She passed away, and he kept diligently paying like 20 bucks per month (all he could afford). The hospitals that provided care hauled him into court. He proved he was diligent in paying what he could afford and that they agreed to accept those payments. He won the case and after a while the care providers wrote off all the costs and stopped sending him invoices.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/18/2020 11:48 AM

MH wrote:

Damn that sucks!

Can someone educate me a little about the health care system in the US, is it because he didn't have an ...more

93EXCivic wrote:

I bet he had insurance and still ended up with that bill to be honest. He may have had a high deductible plan or there was ...more

Burns works part time jobs and walks pets for a living. No way he has health insurance. Even with insurance he would most likely still be on the hook for a large amount of deductable and a certain percentage of the total cost. Either way we should all do what we can to support him. Even if you disagree with the political stuff he posts on facebook, he is still a life long bmx rider that has put everything into it, and i would hope bmx would give him some support when he needs it.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

3/18/2020 12:10 PM

Not very surprising to hear about this, considering the way he rides.

Not to be too unsensitive, but I don't see why I would donate or support a guy who, while obviously being passionate about BMX, is taking absolutely no safety precautions and always tries the dumbest shit where it's obvious he's gonna fuck himself up.

Sucks for him obviously, but he has done that to himself. People can say he's rad and gnarly and all that, but at the end of the day to me he's just insane.

|

3/18/2020 12:25 PM

MH wrote:

Damn that sucks!

Can someone educate me a little about the health care system in the US, is it because he didn't have an ...more

93EXCivic wrote:

I bet he had insurance and still ended up with that bill to be honest. He may have had a high deductible plan or there was ...more

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Burns works part time jobs and walks pets for a living. No way he has health insurance. Even with insurance he would most ...more

Hahaha so he's probably in that sweet spot where he makes too much to be eligible for medicaid but too little to afford any half decent insurance. Welcome to the club, Sean! And remember, if you express any desire to change this dogshit system for the better, you're automatically a filthy communist!

|

3/18/2020 1:00 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

The US does have things like state aid insurance-a buddy of mine had it when he was in college and it covered his ankle ...more

Damn, that sounds so fucked up to be left with those insane bills after your wife dies in cancer!
It seems surreal from a European point of view but I guess it got other benefits with that system.

|

3/18/2020 1:44 PM

Healthcare isn't free, even if your country gives it to you for free. Someone's paying for it. Taxes, etc.

That being said, the healthcare system is less than desirable in our country. But the opposite fact is I'm not sure it can be any better. Some people don't pay, even after getting treated. Usually the people that can pay are making up for the people that can't and then if the Govt' is helping it's coming out of those peoples taxes.

And then there are the ridiculous prices that are charged and how much some doctors get paid. Are they worth it, are they not? Who knows. They definitely don't have an easy job and have to pay for lots of school bills.

It's basically like everything else in life, the working people get the shaft.

|

Philippians 1:6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Christ Jesus. Insta: SilentNightSun

3/18/2020 1:47 PM

adamnmexican wrote:

should've sent him to a hospital in Venezuela since he loves socialism so much

So when you get that $1000 Corona check from the government you are gonna shred it right? Don't wanna participate in socialism.

|

3/18/2020 2:11 PM

Fatalize wrote:

Not very surprising to hear about this, considering the way he rides.

Not to be too unsensitive, but I don't see why I would ...more

I would much rather donate too someone pushing the sport and getting gnarly , if a turtle speed foot tall ledge rider got injured and needed help I wouldn’t even know their name to donate

|

3/18/2020 3:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/18/2020 3:09 PM

Fatalize wrote:

Not very surprising to hear about this, considering the way he rides.

Not to be too unsensitive, but I don't see why I would ...more

eskimojay wrote:

I would much rather donate too someone pushing the sport and getting gnarly , if a turtle speed foot tall ledge rider got ...more

I would donate to e.g. Ryan Nyquist. Pushes the sport but isn't a complete suicidal moron.

I wouldn't donate to turtle speed ledge and weed addicts like Brandon Begin.

|

3/18/2020 3:51 PM

adamnmexican wrote:

should've sent him to a hospital in Venezuela since he loves socialism so much

BigMeanPunk wrote:

So when you get that $1000 Corona check from the government you are gonna shred it right? Don't wanna participate in ...more

Haha those checks gonna come out of your pocket and mine bud (assuming your a us citizen and you have a job)

|

3/18/2020 4:39 PM

BillyBigRigger wrote:

Haha those checks gonna come out of your pocket and mine bud (assuming your a us citizen and you have a job)

they money already came out of our checks. which is why it is available....

|

3/18/2020 5:48 PM

Fatalize wrote:

Not very surprising to hear about this, considering the way he rides.

Not to be too unsensitive, but I don't see why I would ...more

But that’s what makes SB so great right? His absolute lack of concern for his own personal safety. He owns that niche of bmx.

I’d donate. He’s part of our community.

|

-- doing business like its a business since 1985 --

"*a08 is awesome" -Penman166

T34416L3 TW1N5 - Terrible Twins (Twin Terrible One Barcodes) Brakes/Brakeless T1

a08's Ohio Standard - STOLEN - REWARD IF FOUND


WTB: Chrome GSport Birdcage Rims
WTB: S&M Pitchfork, 26mm
WTB: BSD Revolution Hub, RHD

3/18/2020 10:15 PM

Has he tried cbd oil yet?

|

13 years old

3/19/2020 5:52 AM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Burns works part time jobs and walks pets for a living. No way he has health insurance. Even with insurance he would most ...more

I just realized I can't read and it is $66000 not $6600. I am a big fan of Burns riding.

Just cause I don't see a direct link posted yet.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/sean-burns-spinal-surgeryrehab-fund

|