Seat post

Related:
Create New Tag

7/10/2020 11:11 PM

I have an integrated seat post and a seat post that has the right diameter to fit it but it slips even what the bolt is pretty tight I don’t want to over tighten and strip the bolt but you guys have any suggestions to what I could do to stop the seat post from slipping? It’s a BSD blitzed seat post.

|

7/11/2020 12:30 AM

Sounds like you are using the wrong size post..

|



7/11/2020 1:14 AM

Black Swamp Ghost wrote:

Sounds like you are using the wrong size post..

The seat tube diameter in the frame is 25.4 and my seat post diameter is also 25.4

|

7/11/2020 2:34 AM

There might be grease or something on the seatpost making it slip

|

7/11/2020 2:50 AM

Aussie steez wrote:

There might be grease or something on the seatpost making it slip

Even if there’s grease (I grease mine), it shouldn’t slip.

|

Don’t put 25.4 bars in a 22.2 stem.

7/11/2020 3:32 AM

Aussie steez wrote:

There might be grease or something on the seatpost making it slip

Spongeworthy wrote:

Even if there’s grease (I grease mine), it shouldn’t slip.

No grease it’s brand new

|

7/11/2020 3:49 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/11/2020 4:00 AM

ianroddie wrote:

No grease it’s brand new

If it’s the correct size, there’s no reason it should be slipping. Only reason I can think of is that the bolt is cross threaded and you’re not actually tightening it

|

Don’t put 25.4 bars in a 22.2 stem.

7/11/2020 6:51 AM

Spongeworthy wrote:

Even if there’s grease (I grease mine), it shouldn’t slip.

ianroddie wrote:

No grease it’s brand new

Spongeworthy wrote:

If it’s the correct size, there’s no reason it should be slipping. Only reason I can think of is that the bolt is cross threaded and you’re not actually tightening it

Do you know what the seat tube size for the mr1 is aren’t all bmx 25.4 or atleast most new ones?

|

7/11/2020 3:17 PM

Sometimes you really gotta tighten it. Like don't ham-fist it but you can tighten it.

Or come to Beverly skatepark and I'll do it for ya lol, I'm a town over from you.

|





7/11/2020 9:22 PM

Super-Pawl wrote:

Sometimes you really gotta tighten it. Like don't ham-fist it but you can tighten it.

Or come to Beverly skatepark and I'll do it for ya lol, I'm a town over from you.

Lol thanks but I got it today it’s not moving no more.

|

7/11/2020 9:33 PM

ianroddie wrote:

Lol thanks but I got it today it’s not moving no more.

Was the one you were trying to use undersized?

|



7/12/2020 9:11 AM

Super-Pawl wrote:

Sometimes you really gotta tighten it. Like don't ham-fist it but you can tighten it.

Or come to Beverly skatepark and I'll do it for ya lol, I'm a town over from you.

ianroddie wrote:

Lol thanks but I got it today it’s not moving no more.

Black Swamp Ghost wrote:

Was the one you were trying to use undersized?

Nah I took it to my local bike shop because i needed a bb pressed and they put the seat in for me and it’s not moving anymore

|

7/12/2020 10:22 AM

Didn’t give it the beans enough.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

7/12/2020 4:09 PM

ianroddie wrote:

Nah I took it to my local bike shop because i needed a bb pressed and they put the seat in for me and it’s not moving anymore

So you just weren’t tightening it enough?

|

Don’t put 25.4 bars in a 22.2 stem.

7/12/2020 6:34 PM

Black Swamp Ghost wrote:

Was the one you were trying to use undersized?

ianroddie wrote:

Nah I took it to my local bike shop because i needed a bb pressed and they put the seat in for me and it’s not moving anymore

Spongeworthy wrote:

So you just weren’t tightening it enough?

I mean I wanna say I tightened it pretty damn good but possibly not enough idk the bike shop took care of it and also they added grease which I wasn’t doing originally

|