Seat-stay Bridge Snap?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/5/2014 3:58 PM

I was cleaning some dirt off my frame yesterday and noticed that my seat stay bridge was snapped in three places. It is like an H shape if you could imagine and its hanging on by one of those I's of the H because the other three snapped of and its hanging off the frame. My question is how important is the bridge should I ride it, Weld it or What? Also there are two small cracks on the seat stay next to it really small? sorry for no pics my phone is broken.

|

Nothing like a Good day of Digging and Riding

5/5/2014 4:00 PM

Ride everything till it breaks

|

Check my Youtube Channel and Subscribe if you like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC62awwE63LVhyBqOgIyY3ZA
Follow me on Instagram @ scott_effting & toododgy

5/6/2014 7:35 AM

shouldnt affect strength much Id just get it welded

|

BORN FAST ish

5/6/2014 10:11 AM

Just get it welded and ride til it breaks.

|

You say BMX is your life but you barely ride.
BUT hey, That's none of my business.

5/6/2014 10:16 AM

I would get a small sheet of steel (chromoly if possible) and cut it out to the shape of the bridge and weld it to the bridge/seat stays.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

5/7/2014 11:35 AM

that happened to my mirraco back in the day, just duct tape it or wled it and forget about it!

|

5/7/2014 8:57 PM

Is it a haro SD? Alot of those cracked at the Seatstay bridge and then twisted. warrantied three at my work.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

5/8/2014 6:00 AM

Brokenbmx wrote:

Is it a haro SD? Alot of those cracked at the Seatstay bridge and then twisted. warrantied three at my work.

My friend had one lol. He rolled down an 8ft roll-in pretty fast to hit a box jump and as soon as he got to the bottom it snapped into 3 pieces. Give me your IG so I can tag you in the video haha

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

5/8/2014 5:33 PM

The bridge won't affect much but if your seatstays are cracked then that's where problems occur

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

5/8/2014 5:37 PM

Pics

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling