Seatpost Extender

Related:
Create New Tag

11/6/2019 2:37 PM

Looking for recommendations for a seatpost extender for my sons Framed, Defendent Pro which is 25.4mm seatpost.

|

11/6/2019 2:43 PM

Why do you need one? BMX bikes are not made for seated pedalling.

|

11/6/2019 3:23 PM

To ride the bike on rollers and to just ride at casual at events

|

11/6/2019 3:29 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/6/2019 3:30 PM

Flatland Fuel has a bunch of tall (300mm+) 25.4mm pivotal seatpost:
http://flatlandfuel.com/seatposts.aspx

I like having my seatpost high enough, so that I can just barely pedal while sitting... lol

|

11/6/2019 3:49 PM

I just put an S&M Long Johnson on my 10year old son's bike.. In this picture, his seat post cannot go any lower because it's bottomed out on the bb..

|

11/7/2019 4:28 AM

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

If you go on rollers, sitting is a bit easier/safer (at least to get started). Plus a casual cruise doesn't mean you have to do any tricks or even stand. Being able to sit down and pedal is nice sometimes.

BMX bikes are made for whatever you choose to do with them. I've seen people ride 150 miles in two days for an event on them. I've seen jumpers, flatland, and even just transportation because they are convenient size for storing inside.

Questioning something with a backhanded comment like that is a great way to annoy others, and if you work in a shop setting selling ANYTHING, you WILL lose sales with that kind of wording.

If it isn't your bike, don't worry about it.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/7/2019 10:22 AM

I have a 320 mm long primo post with a q.r. clamp on my calafia.I can raise the seat up for cruising and drop it down to a fists worth without any tools.

|

11/7/2019 10:32 AM

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

If you go on rollers, sitting is a bit easier/safer (at least to get started). Plus a casual cruise doesn't mean you have to do any tricks or even stand. Being able to sit down and pedal is nice sometimes.

BMX bikes are made for whatever you choose to do with them. I've seen people ride 150 miles in two days for an event on them. I've seen jumpers, flatland, and even just transportation because they are convenient size for storing inside.

Questioning something with a backhanded comment like that is a great way to annoy others, and if you work in a shop setting selling ANYTHING, you WILL lose sales with that kind of wording.

It wasn't a backhanded comment. Some people think you need 2 feet of seat post to ride and you don't. That's all I was saying.

|

11/8/2019 8:42 AM

|

11/8/2019 10:50 AM

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

It wasn't a backhanded comment. Some people think you need 2 feet of seat post to ride and you don't. That's all I was saying.

I have a fist of post and can pedal seated.

Note that no one said two feet, or even a post length.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/8/2019 11:46 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

Okay. He said seat post extender. To me that sounds long. I don't know why you want argue about it but, okay.

|

11/12/2019 4:24 AM

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

Okay. He said seat post extender. To me that sounds long. I don't know why you want argue about it but, okay.

All I did was call you out for your pretty blunt comment about him wanting a longer post ("bmx bikes are not made for seated pedaling"), which you don't agree with for whatever reason. You took off with speculation that he wanted a mile of seatpost without getting clarification or checking into the bike he mentioned.

Most BMX bikes come with a pretty short post these days (as I am sure you know). His kids bike has maybe 3 inches or so of visible post (which is surprisingly a long post):

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/12/2019 11:17 AM

Ok.

|

11/12/2019 11:19 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/12/2019 11:22 AM

Maybe you can find away to argue with me saying ok. Or would you prefer if I just told you to fuck off?

|

11/13/2019 4:34 AM

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

Maybe you can find away to argue with me saying ok. Or would you prefer if I just told you to fuck off?

Well if you go with the second option, at least then you are owning up to being a bit of an asshole.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/13/2019 7:45 AM

Are you going to own up to being a pedantic cunt?

|

11/13/2019 7:48 AM

You took my comment the wrong way and proceeded to nit pick every detail and bit of grammar but I'm an asshole. Fuck you Dave.

|

11/13/2019 2:05 PM

Oh will you two just kiss and make up already.

|