Seatpost high AF

Related:
Create New Tag

3/26/2017 7:54 PM

Vitaaallll

I ended up getting a 200mm pivotal post , and I'm running my seat SUPER high , you old schoolers would be happy as fuck haha . Anyways so my main trick are fullcabs and 540 cabs , and with the first 10 minutes riding it seems as if I almost lose them with the height , as I can't use my legs as much without the seat being in the way . I guess I just need to relearn them and get accustom to the seat ?

Besides that one current flaw , it feels AMAZING .

Also , should I make a new bike check ? Mine currently is fairly outdated , well partially.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

3/26/2017 8:11 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/26/2017 8:12 PM

Yea, you should probably make a new bike check. And post pictures! High seat runners unite! My bike with a high seat.

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

3/26/2017 8:13 PM

My main bike with a tall seat
Photo

My backup bike with a tall seat
Photo

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

3/26/2017 8:17 PM

Dan I'm pretty sure I have more post than you .. this bitch is tall as FUCK haha . Not by much but I want to say mine is taller . I'm loving it ! But ya have you noticed any spin trick issues with a high seat ? I think I just need to get used to it .

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

3/26/2017 8:35 PM

I like my seat post at the minimum of me being able to pedal comfortably while seated. I initially spend more time adjusting it vs. bar angle.

Also, looking at bikes is 99% of what I do on here, so update/ upload away! lol

|

3/26/2017 8:50 PM

Photo

|

3/26/2017 8:53 PM

Tall seats are also awesome to sit on lul I catch my sack sometimes doing high bunnyhops tho

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

3/26/2017 9:12 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote: Photo

I laughed so hard at this

|

@Jewishlamb

3/26/2017 9:59 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Dan I'm pretty sure I have more post than you .. this bitch is tall as FUCK haha . Not by much but I want to say mine is taller . I'm loving it ! But ya have you noticed any spin trick issues with a high seat ? I think I just need to get used to it .

I lowered my seat by about an inch earlier today, before I took that picture. Sadly, the only spin trick I can do is a 180. I've been working on flat 360's but I just can't get them. Funny enough, I learned hop bars before flat 360's.

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

3/26/2017 10:02 PM

Does anyone know how to remove a stuck seat post? I want to raise my seat but I can't because my seat post almost seems jammed.

|

3/26/2017 10:15 PM

Not a fan of the taller seats, there's already more than enough things sticking out of my bike that can injure me and they get in the way for 3s and tailwhips. Nothing worse than stomping a big ass 3 and smacking your balls on the seat.

That said, I have seen a taller seat help a few friends with bars and other things, so they do have some benefits.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

3/26/2017 10:17 PM

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

I lowered my seat by about an inch earlier today, before I took that picture. Sadly, the only spin trick I can do is a 180. I've been working on flat 360's but I just can't get them. Funny enough, I learned hop bars before flat 360's.

Everyone's different, people often point out how weird it is that I could hop whip before I could bar or 3.

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

3/26/2017 10:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/26/2017 10:24 PM

Sheldon. wrote:

Does anyone know how to remove a stuck seat post? I want to raise my seat but I can't because my seat post almost seems jammed.

Get a nice big bench vise, put the top of the post between the jaws and use the frame as leverage. Just about any local bike shop should be able to do it. Also, put anti-seize of some sort on next time you put in a seatpost.

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

- Hunter S. Thompson

3/27/2017 12:04 AM

I can't stand a high seat post. Hehehe.

Slammed & slim for me.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

3/27/2017 7:31 AM

here is my 80's style "laid back" post....still in use today. I know it makes most everyone cringe, but it is all I know. I actually did lower it about an inch a month ago cause it was nailing me in the nuts when I landed. As my legs are getting stronger, that has become less of an issue though

Photo

Photo

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

3/27/2017 8:04 AM

I think I'm gonna raise my post up super-high, or high enough that I can pinch when I hop. I'm hoping that if I can actually pinch the seat, I might get just a bit more confidence to commit to throwing my bars.

|

3/27/2017 8:06 AM

sXeBMXer wrote:

here is my 80's style "laid back" post....still in use today. I know it makes most everyone cringe, but it is all I know. I actually did lower it about an inch a month ago cause it was nailing me in the nuts when I landed. As my legs are getting stronger, that has become less of an issue though

Photo

Photo

Damn how big is that sprocket? Also what's up with the chicago bars?

|

3/27/2017 8:08 AM

Sheldon. wrote:

80s FTW.

|

3/27/2017 8:23 AM

GMGuinn wrote:

I think I'm gonna raise my post up super-high, or high enough that I can pinch when I hop. I'm hoping that if I can actually pinch the seat, I might get just a bit more confidence to commit to throwing my bars.

One thing I learned with hop bars, is that I never have to pinch the seat. I only keep my seat high for pull-up bars, which I recommend learning before hop barspins (unless you can already do them).

I could probably do a hop bar with a slammed seat. But, some people might find them easier to do when pinching. I just never have the time to pinch when I'm in the air.

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

3/27/2017 9:36 AM

GMGuinn wrote:

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

One thing I learned with hop bars, is that I never have to pinch the seat. I only keep my seat high for pull-up bars, which I recommend learning before hop barspins (unless you can already do them).

I could probably do a hop bar with a slammed seat. But, some people might find them easier to do when pinching. I just never have the time to pinch when I'm in the air.

Interesting. Where my seat is now works great for pinching on pull-up bars. I think I've gotten pretty good at those, which is why I want to move right into hop bars. My hope is that with the seat up higher, if I can pinch it, I might get that extra shred of confidence to commit—but just to get used to throwing. I would ultimately move the seat back down and hopefully be able to do it "pinchless".

|

3/27/2017 9:40 AM

Holy hell man. That mongoose makes my head hurt.

Please get a modern bike. smile

|

3/27/2017 10:32 AM

BEAT THIS (yes, that's my bike. And yes, my seatpost is that long)

Photo

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

3/27/2017 10:51 AM

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

Photo

Are you insanely tall or practicing flatland?

|

3/27/2017 10:55 AM

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

Photo

Sheldon. wrote:

Are you insanely tall or practicing flatland?

Both devil

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

3/27/2017 11:14 AM

Time to learn suicide no handlers and one handed x ups

|

3/27/2017 11:43 AM

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

Photo

Haha, nice.

|

3/27/2017 11:57 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/27/2017 11:58 AM

Photo

[b]people say my seat is made high

|

3/27/2017 1:16 PM

Oldschoolers unite! can't ride without a long seat post at 6'3" I don't have many other options unless I wanna destroy my knees... I just recently learned to not Chicago my bars.

|

3/27/2017 5:54 PM

sXeBMXer wrote:

Photo

Photo

Sheldon. wrote:

bars are pulled back now that I am learning tricks again. Chicago'd for when I am just cruising with the family or my other elder BMX friends. I think the sprocket is 44t? It is the original Tioga Compact Disc sprocket.

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
2015 Surly Krampus

3/27/2017 5:56 PM

pnj wrote:

Holy hell man. That mongoose makes my head hurt.

Please get a modern bike. smile

working on it dude!! Aiming for a Verde Luxe here this summer if funds fall into place. Then this bike will be just for cruising...

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
2015 Surly Krampus