Second hand Chromo complete

Related:
Create New Tag

11/3/2014 4:51 AM

Hey peoples,

first time posting something here so firstly Id like to say hi to all you lovely folk smile

Secondly, please forgive any severe noobness on my part as its been about 17 years since i was anywhere near a BMX
with a ol redline an a mates free agent.

Now with that in mind I was hoping to get some help and advise in selecting a new BMX (well secondhand, but new for me)

The reason for second hand is I cant afford a decent BMX from new unless I go for a Hi tensile frame, which i don't want, and sticking with my current set of wheels is just depressing - a 1999 Mongoose supergoose - of which I just noticed the bottom bracket is starting to crack and is only a matter of time until it lets go - the ally frame just isnt cutting it.

So With my budget of $400 aussie dollers the current contenders are...

1) A barely used Stereo 2014 Wire which fits my wishlist almost perfectly for $500. Im hoping to get them down to my $400 limit.

2) fairly used Colony Endeavor 2009 with slith scuffs a mild surface rust for $300 neg

3) a 'good condition' Eastern Sequence 2009 for $200 neg

4) Sunday Scout 2014 used a dozen times for going to the shops $550 neg

The Stereo Wire is my first choice if the price was right.
But as Keen as I am to get one like yesterday im ok to wait a little bit until something came along.. IE Ive been liking the WTP ones but no one seems to be selling them secondhand (could be a reason for that? or maybe they're just alot harder to find here in Sydney) although theres a nice WTP Zodiac at $650 in saying that.

Either way any input would be fantastic as Im going to look at the Stereo Wire tomorrow after work..

Thanks all :D

|

11/3/2014 6:55 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/3/2014 6:57 AM

I'd say get the stereo. Looks better and has better specs than the the rest of them and is the lightest out of those if you care about that. Or you can look on Craigslist or pinkbike to find a custom complete which would be a better choice

|

11/3/2014 8:28 AM

SteelCityBMX wrote:

I'd say get the stereo. Looks better and has better specs than the the rest of them and is the lightest out of those if you ...more

this.

ebay craigslist and pinkbike all have mad fucking good deals on custom completes.

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

11/3/2014 3:01 PM

SteelCityBMX wrote:

I'd say get the stereo. Looks better and has better specs than the the rest of them and is the lightest out of those if you ...more

Yeah I was looking into the full on customs but they all have some heavy use or their too highly priced. I'm liking the stereo though soi think if the use is minimal like posted an I can get the price down I'm sorted.

Any tips on what too look for apart from making sure everything is straight? An not rusted?

|

11/3/2014 4:44 PM

SteelCityBMX wrote:

Fattyfatchops wrote:

Yeah I was looking into the full on customs but they all have some heavy use or their too highly priced. I'm liking the stereo ...more

nothing bent, bearings roll smooth, driver doesnt skip, nothing is stripped, tires arent bald, grips arent killed,

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

11/4/2014 4:30 AM

Ahh pooo,

Seller on the Stereo Wire wouldnt budge on the $500 price. which is silly as they're $580 brand new online. well best of luck to em.

Anywhoser... its back to the others...

I might be able to get a Stereo Flash for sub $500 if I barter hard enough.
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/peakhurst/bicycles/bmx-stereo-flash/1059583444
But I cant seem to find this colour scheme flash anywhere but it looks legit....

Or a Stereo "NFI" - Seller thinks its a We the peeps but theres a massive stereo sticker on the side, could just be a sticker but I think not
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/chipping-norton/bicycles/bmx-bike-/1060470198

Although I like the black frame with whitewalls look I think I can always spray something
if it meant getting a heaps better deal.

Any one been shreddin around with Stereo's at all ? as Im liking the chromo's im coming across from them :D

|