Secret Barspin Method

Related:
Create New Tag

1/29/2021 7:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/29/2021 7:21 PM

Hey does anyone have any methods/strategies they used for learning the hop barspin, and not being scared at all or much less? (Particularly for hop barspins) Today I learned how to hop bar standing on my pegs, and got it pretty dialed and I’m not scared of it, but when I stand on the pedals things go south and I’m scared to throw it. Any tips are appreciated!

|

1/29/2021 8:04 PM

pinch the cranks with your feet and raise your seat up to pinch it with your knees. it may not look cool to have your seat up high but being able to barspin and having a raise seat is a lot cooler than not being able to barspin with a slammed seat.

|

1/29/2021 8:31 PM

Stop being a little bitch and throw them, that’s my method

|

smile

1/29/2021 9:04 PM

Pedals are scary. I feel you. I wore knee and shin pads while learning. Thinking about pinching the cranks/seat helped too. The seat doesn't have to be super high to still be able to pinch with your calves.

I learned them flyout of a box jump lip first, then hoping out of a bank, then a more mellow bank until it was basically flat ground. That helped with the confidence in actually throwing them.

It takes time, but once you get it you'll have it forever.

|

1/30/2021 1:43 AM

PastaIsLitty wrote:

no clue why they tripped on you for this its literally da method

|

13 years old

1/30/2021 1:44 AM

find a quarter you can fly out of at like uhhh maybe 1 foot then you throw da fuckin bars legit at the top of the ramp, like the second your front wheel hits coping throw the bars.

also you cant bar until you lose your vcard

|

13 years old

1/30/2021 5:49 AM

i went for a hop half bar, then accidentally overspun it and landed a hop bar, and from then on i always had confidence to throw them. my methods of learning tricks are never handy for anyone else haha.

|

1/30/2021 9:01 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/30/2021 9:02 AM

Keep your shoulders over your stem. Most people end up leaning back too far to get their legs out of the way and end up falling off the back of the bike. Throw your bars on the way up and as your go to catch them your bike should level out and you won't nosedive.

|

1/30/2021 1:08 PM

Unless you’re pinching the seat with your knees, you literally just have to grow balls and throw em. If you’re pinching the seat, you can build up to it a bit more methodically by getting confident with the pinch, doing a one handed turn bar or small sui, then throwing.

|

1/30/2021 1:16 PM

.pegless. wrote:

Unless you’re pinching the seat with your knees, you literally just have to grow balls and throw em. If you’re pinching the ...more

Cool that sounds like it should help. Thanks to everyone for giving input

|

2/1/2021 9:02 AM

Also quit your job because if you do this routine you will have no time left to do anything else.

|

Husky Nation Member

2/1/2021 3:19 PM

don't hop higher than you have to. don't put any more effort into it than you need. seriously, bring your back tire like 6 inches off the ground.

|

2/1/2021 7:34 PM

ghostrider920 wrote:

don't hop higher than you have to. don't put any more effort into it than you need. seriously, bring your back tire like 6 ...more

Do the opposite of this, hop high and let em fly

|

smile

2/1/2021 8:15 PM

Just don’t spend too much time thinking about it, when I learned I just did it I didn’t think about anything like I felt like I had no control over how fast I threw the bars I just threw them lmao, the more comfortable I get with them the more control I feel like I have, it helps to relax your arms when you are about to throw though at least for me

|

2/2/2021 4:55 AM

I wish I could still find the Barspins with Grandma video. It was PERFECT.

"You clamp your needs and HUCK THAT SON OF A BITCH! That's how you do a bar spin."

I learned them manual first. Got me into the position. Then I started toying with hopping off a curb. Then I hit a flyout and fired out one on a random day. That was 20 years ago.

Hop. Level out to get knees out of the way. Throw. Catch/land. Celebrate.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/2/2021 5:07 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

"You clamp your needs and HUCK THAT SON OF A ...more

Huck that son of a bitch <3
|

2/2/2021 9:09 AM

1) raise your seat.
2) don't hop to high.
3) instead of throwing, try pulling a little when starting the rotation move.
4) commit.

|

2/2/2021 6:02 PM

Photo
|

2/2/2021 6:16 PM

I just learned how to do it today! I just grew a pair and threw it. Thanks guy!

|

2/2/2021 7:14 PM

Andrew=$ wrote:

I just learned how to do it today! I just grew a pair and threw it. Thanks guy!

Hell yeah you got clips?

|

smile

2/2/2021 7:18 PM

Yeah here lemme post it on YouTube so it shows up lmao

|

2/2/2021 7:22 PM

Alright you can watch it HERE

|

2/2/2021 7:34 PM

Oh and here’s my journey of learning it: ">

|

2/2/2021 8:17 PM

You cut it right when you landed and it’s lookin like you took your foot off bud

|

smile

2/2/2021 9:05 PM

I did a ton but only got a couple clips. Those ones I took my foot of like a second after I landed it. Most of the ones I didn’t do that I kept it on

|

2/3/2021 1:14 AM

Andrew=$ wrote:

I did a ton but only got a couple clips. Those ones I took my foot of like a second after I landed it. Most of the ones I didn ...more

still good progress and the fact you threw em is what matters, getting them consistent and cleaner will come with time. one piece of advice i have for you is: when you learn them, do at least one every time you ride as this will eventually make them very dialed for you. i did it like that and now a hop bar is easier than something like a hop x up.

|

2/3/2021 4:40 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

"You clamp your needs and HUCK THAT SON OF A ...more

YES!

The best part? It was a member on here's grandma!

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/3/2021 7:33 AM

PastaIsLitty wrote:

Here it is!! ^^

literally is the secret.

|

2/3/2021 8:09 AM

say i got it and pretend to be lewis mills

|

2/21/2021 4:15 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/21/2021 4:23 PM

Okay. So I have been doing 1 barspin every day since I learned. Every time I do them, I still have a mental block until I send it and do it. When do they become less scary? It’s kinda pissing me off. Also I learned them switch unfortunately and am left foot forward. I also bus them. Does that make a difference?

|