Secret sauce to bunny hop high

Related:
Create New Tag

12/4/2019 7:53 PM

What’s the secret sauce, I’d say I can bunny hop on my sleep like no problem but I can’t bunny Hope really high some friends say I bunny hop a little over 3 feet over nothing but when it comes to obstacles I can bunny hop a 3 step stair set or another bike upside down and it feels like it takes a lot of energy I can’t imagen bunnyhopping over a table

|

12/4/2019 8:37 PM

Three feet is higher than me, and just guessing, over 90% of the members on this forum..

|

12/4/2019 8:41 PM

Give it the beans, no sauce needed.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

12/4/2019 8:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/4/2019 8:49 PM

3 ft is very high. I dont know anyone in person, that can hop that high.

|

12/4/2019 8:54 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

Really? I guess I had high expectations because I’ve seen videos where pros bunny hop loading dock or even a semi truck trailer

|

12/4/2019 9:25 PM

Three feet is damn high. Nice work.

Pros can hop high because they ride loads and bunny hop loads to get better and better, so practice, practice, practice. Apparently the trick is to pop the rear end up to the side of your ass, rather that directly up under it.

And give it the beans.

|

12/4/2019 9:29 PM

_bmxican_ wrote:

Really? I guess I had high expectations because I’ve seen videos where pros bunny hop loading dock or even a semi truck trailer

Pros.. so guessing again.. .01% of actual riders that can hop on semi trailers.. I'm pretty sure, although I've seen it on YouTube, very few pros can hop on to a trailer..

You be doing alright bruddah..

|

12/4/2019 11:05 PM

Lol yeah, but really I agree, 3 feet is a massive hop. I max out at 25” exact, according to this one box at my local, anything even an inch above I’ll clip.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone in person hop 3 feet.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

12/5/2019 12:22 AM

Let’s see it.

|

12/5/2019 3:10 AM

Not sure your friends know how high 3 feet is, that's like handlebar height lol. Anyways, there's really no secret to hopping high, just keep practicing. Every chance you get just challenge yourself to hop over something high and you'll get better naturally.

|

12/5/2019 3:42 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/5/2019 3:42 AM

I would say if you can hop onto 2ft that's plenty, although if you're looking for a challenge I know a one arm rider that can hop onto a 3ft box and last years jam at my local bike shop someone hopped 46in (someone might have hopped higher at the recent jams but that's the only one I could find on YouTube)

|

12/5/2019 6:29 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

I used to be able to hop that high. I have aspirations to do it again but,.... I dunno. LOL.

|

12/5/2019 8:02 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

Mishinn_Control wrote:

I used to be able to hop that high. I have aspirations to do it again but,.... I dunno. LOL.

I do recall you posting a pic or something. Its very impressive!

|

12/5/2019 10:48 AM

I can hop 33" on a good day, about stem height. My issue, as pointed out by posters here, is that I don't pull back/high enough. I've tried working on it but can't seem to shake the feeling that I'm about to loop out when I try and pull up harder.

Can you post a video? That would help us identify things for you to work on

|

12/5/2019 11:37 AM

i was never good at hopping over stuff that was tall, but I could get onto a picnic table which i think is around 32 inches.

|

12/5/2019 3:41 PM

pnj wrote:

i was never good at hopping over stuff that was tall, but I could get onto a picnic table which i think is around 32 inches.

I'm kinda the same. For whatever reason, it's way easier hopping onto things rather than over things. I think it's just kind of a mental thing.

|

12/10/2019 5:01 PM

Box jumps and rows at the gym=higher hops

|

12/10/2019 8:16 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/10/2019 8:21 PM

-be young strong and healthy...
-practice hoping all the time
-have natural talent
do all three of those and youll be hopping up loading docks and bigrig trailers
i think lower bars and a long tt/cs also helps

i once doublepegged a ledge a foot over my handlebars back in my early/mid 20s ...i had no problem hopping onto hand rail grinds and onto picnic tables .... shit , i remember beinng able to hop onto a bar height rail with a 35lb bike as a teenager ahhhhh old man memories

|

wallride a bus everyday

12/11/2019 9:35 AM

I think a lot of it is mental.. I was trying to 50/50 a waist high ledge which was high for me back in 2015. Anyway, i popped so hard I landed on top on my tires. At that moment i realized i could physically hop higher than i had mentally allowed myself to accept. It showed me that just cuz I thought I couldn't, didn't mean it was true. Sometimes it's just not being familiar with the feeling but if you never try it, you'll never get familiar with the feeling.
Picking up girls is the same. If you don't think you can get the hot one you'll never try, but then if you never try, you also never will get the hot one.
Try it, fall, learn, succeed, progress. Everyone else went the same route as you to learn to bunnyhops, its just persistent trial and error.

|

12/15/2019 4:57 AM

Just for some context keep in mind that 3 feet is near enough to bar height typically, and most average 3 stairs are going to be no more than maybe 2 feet high generally.

|