Self made Parts?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/25/2013 9:50 PM

Hey just started making my own parts again since i've got the workshop up again after moving.
last night i made one set of 6061 pegs but should i paint them or leave them raw. Also making a sprocket and some female axles \.

If you were able to make all your parts would you? and also how will 6061 pegs hold up for street

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

7/25/2013 9:51 PM

i would make some tires out of metal so they would never wear down.

|

7/25/2013 10:07 PM

I would defiantly make parts my self, and 6061 will hold up fine but idk how well they will slide?

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

7/25/2013 10:07 PM

6061 pegs would be done after one session. 7075 pegs are bad enough.

I have a few sprocket designs, everything from 20T bolt drive to 33T socket drive, a few topload stems, a few frontload stems, been working on a couple wedge stems, too. I also have some bar designs, crank designs, and pedal designs but none of them are good. Also designed some generic hubs and I'm going to start working on a legitimate female axle freecoaster soon. Haven't had the opportunity to get anything made, though.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

7/25/2013 10:23 PM

ive been working on stems bars and grips

|

making half retarded post at the moment

7/25/2013 11:22 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

6061 pegs would be done after one session. 7075 pegs are bad enough.

I have a few sprocket designs, everything from 20T bolt drive to 33T socket drive, a few topload stems, a few frontload stems, been working on a couple wedge stems, too. I also have some bar designs, crank designs, and pedal designs but none of them are good. Also designed some generic hubs and I'm going to start working on a legitimate female axle freecoaster soon. Haven't had the opportunity to get anything made, though.

It depends on the thickness of the metal used. Also remember Plastic Pegs last for a little while, and 6061 is still much harder than Plastic.

And keep them Raw, they won't rust and the paint would come of pretty quickly.

|

7/25/2013 11:28 PM

A guy on another forum made his own frame, but the inky thing I've done was create my own rimstrip.

|

Put in work.
Put in work.
Put in work.
Flacko put 'em in the dirt.

7/25/2013 11:29 PM

BMX_Forever wrote:

It depends on the thickness of the metal used. Also remember Plastic Pegs last for a little while, and 6061 is still much harder than Plastic.

And keep them Raw, they won't rust and the paint would come of pretty quickly.

Aluminum doesn't rust so it doesn't matter, but yeah I'd just leave em raw.

Never made any parts myself but I have made makeshift bar ends out of a bottle cap & the screw/wedge system from random plastic barends.. about it haha

|

7/25/2013 11:44 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Aluminum doesn't rust so it doesn't matter, but yeah I'd just leave em raw.

Never made any parts myself but I have made makeshift bar ends out of a bottle cap & the screw/wedge system from random plastic barends.. about it haha

Yeah that was my whole point haha.

|

7/25/2013 11:49 PM

BMX_Forever wrote:

Yeah that was my whole point haha.

brain fart haha, I'm tired & somehow read that as "Don't leave them raw, they'll rust"

|

7/26/2013 12:07 AM

I would design and make my own freecoaster using basically a redesigned set of KHE internals. A real Female coaster for sure. Itd be very similar to the new Cult one that has been a prototype for a while with that same bearing arrangement. haha just with a giant center axle so it can fit the 14mm female axle. And that would mean all the internals including the clutch and driver would have to be the appropriate sizing. I have a lot of ideas how it could work and might actually draw some up tonight haha. maybe some company could use it!

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

7/26/2013 7:24 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/26/2013 7:25 AM

I made a hubguard.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

7/26/2013 8:12 AM

I really want to start making my own parts

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

7/26/2013 8:36 AM

if i had titanium and a mill/lathe/CADmachine i would Ti-out my bike (just bolts, axles, and spindle) and maybe make a topload stem. i would leave the pegs raw. How long are they? do they have roll pins?

|

I don't support slut shaming, but I do support snake shaming you snaky bastard

7/26/2013 11:45 AM

im making a freecoaster next year in college for my project... better go well otherwise im gunna fail :L

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

7/28/2013 5:28 AM

Decided to keep them raw. thanks guys and they are about an inch longer than the average peg but i forgot the measurements and 5mm thick and 10 mm thick at the end where the axle goes through just to make sure they are strong as fuck. also really light

Photo

|

7/28/2013 5:39 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/28/2013 5:40 AM

Looks good.
If you wonder heres the guard I made, I still ride it it's holding up.
Here.

Now.

Pegs look real nice BTW.

|

7/28/2013 5:41 AM

Close up of the rear peg.
To lePhoto

t you know these pegs slide like crazy

|

7/28/2013 7:38 AM

andyferly wrote:

Looks good.
Here.

Now.

Pegs look real nice BTW.

Thanks. And you did a bloody perfect job on the hub guard man.
Mind if i use some of your photo's for reference for the hub guards i will be making?
I'll be having cut outs on mine though for the drive side because i didn't get a LHD hub

Thanks smile

|

7/28/2013 7:40 AM

andyferly wrote:

Looks good.
Here.

Now.

Pegs look real nice BTW.

jamiespadina wrote:

Thanks. And you did a bloody perfect job on the hub guard man.
Mind if i use some of your photo's for reference for the hub guards i will be making?
I'll be having cut outs on mine though for the drive side because i didn't get a LHD hub

Thanks smile

Go ahead man, all yours.

|

7/28/2013 7:41 AM

andyferly wrote:

Looks good.
Here.

Now.

Pegs look real nice BTW.

And i was in a bit of a hurry when i made them so the finish wasn't as good because i had it on a high feed, next ones i will take my time and make them really nice
What about a peg with hub guard attached? for drive side that is

|

7/28/2013 7:46 AM

andyferly wrote:

Looks good.
Here.

Now.

Pegs look real nice BTW.

jamiespadina wrote:

And i was in a bit of a hurry when i made them so the finish wasn't as good because i had it on a high feed, next ones i will take my time and make them really nice

Mutant bikes worked one one, you should check it out.
About pegs I wouldn't worry too much about appearance cause they're gonna get thrashed anyways.
And little advice I wouldn't use those for heavy street abuse, maybe light park grinding on waxed copings and such, consider that aluminium dents easily.
Anyways here's Mutant bikes peg.
[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

7/28/2013 8:21 AM

Thanks for that. looks great haha and yeah i am well aware of the dents hahah that why i went for the smaller OD and thicker ID so hopefully that will allow it to last a bit longer but i can always make some more.
Do you think they could snap if you put them through enough?

|

7/28/2013 8:24 AM

EddiMundo wrote:

im making a freecoaster next year in college for my project... better go well otherwise im gunna fail :L

good luck on the free coaster man. hope you get it done.
Herd they were a bitch to piece together yourself so make sure you draw them up perfect before hand smile
hey you could even innovate them

|

7/28/2013 9:50 AM

andyferly wrote:

Looks good.
Here.

Now.

Pegs look real nice BTW.

jamiespadina wrote:

andyferly wrote:

About pegs I wouldn't worry too much about appearance cause they're gonna get thrashed anyways.
And little advice I wouldn't use those for heavy street abuse, maybe light park grinding on waxed copings and such, consider that aluminium dents easily.
[LINK TO IMAGE]

What happens when you need to rotate the peg?

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

7/28/2013 11:19 AM

jamiespadina wrote:

andyferly wrote:

[LINK TO IMAGE]

FreddyDapice wrote:

What happens when you need to rotate the peg?

they re designed it recently, i saw a pic of it somewhere and the guard and peg became 2 separate pieces but guard still mounts to outside of dropout.

|

HELP!!!!
•Alienation Deviant rim chrome
•G-Sport Birdcage rim chrome
•Flat black Profile Mini Front Hub.
•Ti Bolts for hubs
•Ti Spindle for 19mm 48 spline
•KHE Mac drit tire

7/28/2013 12:09 PM

They will stick to anything steel.

I would stick to steel for street. Alloy for flat.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/28/2013 12:45 PM

Peg Looks Great! I haven’t actually made them myself but I have designed my own Frame that I had made by FBM. I have designed Flatland Forks & Bars that I had made by PiR, I have a design for Pegs too but I am having a hard time finding someone to manufacture them! I have an idea for “Street Tough” Hubs also!

7075-T6 Alloy Hour Glass Shaped Hub Shell
17mm Black Oxide 4140-D4 Heat Treated Chromoly FEMALE Axle
Titanium Hex Head 3/8ths x 24TPI Bolts
Enduro Bearings? (I Think That’s What They’re Callled? The Super Tough Ones!)
Heat Treated 4140 Chromoly Press Fit Full Guards (None of that Half Guard Shit!)

7075-T6 Alloy Hour Glass Shaped Hub Shell (At Least Try To Match The Front)
Titanium Hex Head M14 x 1.25” Bolts
Enduro Bearings? (Once Again, I think That’s What They’re Called? The Super Tough Ones!)
6 Pawl Individually Sprung Driver with Tapered Needle Roller Bearing & 204 Points of Engagement
Heat Treated 4140 Chromoly Press Fit Full Guard (Non of that Half Guard Shit!)
Heat Treated 4140 Chromoly Press Fit Drive Side Guard

Stealth Black Anodizing (NOT Flat or Matte!!)

|

7/28/2013 1:25 PM

Topsey wrote:

Peg Looks Great! I haven’t actually made them myself but I have designed my own Frame that I had made by FBM. I have designed Flatland Forks & Bars that I had made by PiR, I have a design for Pegs too but I am having a hard time finding someone to manufacture them! I have an idea for “Street Tough” Hubs also!

Heat Treated 4140 Chromoly Press Fit Full Guards (None of that Half Guard Shit!)

Enduro Bearings? (Once Again, I think That’s What They’re Called? The Super Tough Ones!)
6 Pawl Individually Sprung Driver with Tapered Needle Roller Bearing & 204 Points of Engagement

I like you allot

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

7/28/2013 1:34 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/28/2013 1:35 PM

Topsey wrote:

And they need to have Tree's straight pull design. I'm seriously in love with that after building a wheel with a Tree hub lol. Those would be the absolute best hubs ever.

Oh, and they need chromoly collars to finish it off!

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital