Semi-sealed rear hub sucking d already

Related:
Create New Tag

7/12/2014 3:45 PM

to be expected though, after all it is semi sealed... I want to get a new one, and I need to choose one of 2 options. (I am not worried about the cost of the replacement parts I choose, because I more than likely will be saving for a few months anyway so I may as well make it worth buying. Looking for reliability!)

I've never rode freecoaster before, and have no friends with a free coaster so I cannot try one out before I buy it... I know its all preference, but I would like to know how you guys feel about free-coaster hubs, and which ones you would recommend that would be the most RELIABLE.

It's either go ham on a freecoaster double wall back wheel pre assembled, or the second option is just sticking with the basic sealed cassette hub laced up to a double wall back rim (again, pre assembled. I am not knowledge enough to build my own set up.) But if I end up going with a cassette hub I need one that is super reliable. Any help is appreciated you guys!

|

7/12/2014 4:03 PM

take off your chain.it's just like having a coaster. and anything you need to know about a coaster can be found online

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

7/12/2014 4:31 PM

tomdon wrote:

take off your chain.it's just like having a coaster. and anything you need to know about a coaster can be found online

what he said lol i did this for like 2 weeks cuz mine snapped and i can tell you i dont like freecoasters i have to back pedal

|

Don't tell me how to live my life!

I failed the life test...

7/12/2014 4:53 PM

tomdon wrote:

Of course it could be found online tomdon. tongue But maybe I wanted fresh opinions instead of searching through years of old ass threads. lol And even though I've done minimal research on freecoasters, shadow2 and your answer has given me more insight than searching through old threads wasting time. So thank you. Any suggestions on reliable cassette hubs? You've convinced me to stay away from freecoasters.

|

7/12/2014 4:59 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/12/2014 5:11 PM

ghostx720 wrote:

Of course it could be found online tomdon. tongue But maybe I wanted fresh opinions instead of searching through years of old ass ...more

Well i used to have a cinema one i forgot the name but i gave the bike that it was on to my friend now i have a shadow raptor hub on my verde laced to a shadow rim im a shadow parts guy they last long but so do cinemas,i never had animal javilins but i heard they are pretty good to just sayin,and i got like 2 hubs lying around my house 2 one of em is a rant one other idk what it is but my rant is semi sealed had it for like 5 months then got my shadow from my girlfriend...just look for a cheap but not to cheap one

|

7/12/2014 7:31 PM

If you want a good cassette get a gsport ratchet or an odyssey antigram. Great hubs with a true 14mm female axle set up.

Other good cassettes:
Tree
Cult match
Primo mix (not the remix)
Shadow btr is meant to be good too.

Freecoasters are all a matter of preference. They can be a bit more maintenance they a cassette. But they can be fun

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

7/12/2014 8:01 PM

Gump wrote:

If you want a good cassette get a gsport ratchet or an odyssey antigram. Great hubs with a true 14mm female axle set up.

...more

^id listen to him ive only had the cinema and shadow

|

7/12/2014 8:13 PM

I have a ratchet. Amazing hub. Plus it's really easy if you want to switch your drive side.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

7/12/2014 8:56 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/12/2014 9:01 PM

tomdon wrote:

ghostx720 wrote:

Of course it could be found online tomdon. tongue But maybe I wanted fresh opinions instead of searching through years of old ass ...more

I weasnt being a dick saying use the search button bullshit blah blah blah. I meant if you got one then you could find out how to properly maintain it online. And for reliable cassette's listen to gump. He suggested everything I would have. Also try the shadow raptor. Can be found on empire for 119.99 I believe

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

7/12/2014 8:59 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

I have a ratchet. Amazing hub. Plus it's really easy if you want to switch your drive side.

I wish i knew this before i bought my shadow rim and hub....didnt realize it was left side drive till i got home and i was like...damnit,

|

7/12/2014 9:53 PM

tomdon wrote:

ghostx720 wrote:

tomdon wrote:

I weasnt being a dick saying use the search button bullshit blah blah blah. I meant if you got one then you could find out how ...more

sorry dude, was at work when I read it... since I was dealing with custos it was like "ugh more negativaty." But I misread. My bad man. Seriously though to tomdon and everyone who pitched in their opinion. I dig it! Ill research some hubs now! this site is the shit btw, i was on here as a different screenname_720 but kinda had to ditch that email. Been here for a while peeps. you all are cool as fuck!

|

7/12/2014 10:27 PM

ghostx720 wrote:

sorry dude, was at work when I read it... since I was dealing with custos it was like "ugh more negativaty." But I misread. My ...more

If you got a rim to put it on go with the gsport or get a shadow raptor hub man

|