Serial #??

Related:
Create New Tag

9/28/2018 8:29 PM

I recently picked up a G.T. power series 1.0 condition not bad. All stock except seat. When checking the numbers the first letter is particularly covered by the phat weld. Has anyone seen or experienced this? I can ad some pics when I get home.

|

9/29/2018 9:20 PM

I've seen numbers covered by thick paint, but not a weld... seems like an oversight on their part, is it still distinguishable enough to make out what number/letter it is?

|

9/30/2018 3:48 PM

Yeah, I can't find anything on it or like it. Well I think it's a 99' and I'm not sure if there's 3 letters first or just 2? The letter looks to be a A but if it has 3 letters first than an intire letter is covered. Let me see if I can figure out how to post a pic lol

|

9/30/2018 3:54 PM

Photo

Photo
Photo
|

9/30/2018 10:38 PM

Looks like an A, maybe even a 4. that's odd though. can't do much about it really haha I guess you COULD email GT with the serial number (without the covered one) along with the photos and ask if they can look up the full serial number based on the numbers you can make out just to know what it is

|

10/1/2018 4:14 AM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Looks like an A, maybe even a 4. that's odd though. can't do much about it really haha I guess you COULD email GT with the serial number (without the covered one) along with the photos and ask if they can look up the full serial number based on the numbers you can make out just to know what it is

That's what i was going to say.. looks like an A or a 4...

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

10/1/2018 7:25 AM

Pretty sure it's an A but the number doesn't follow the usual GT patterns. You can ask this guy: https://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=528632&p=63

The reason it;s obscured is the BB diameter is the same as steel, and they use same machine to stamp both. But AL tubes and welds are much fatter. So they didn't account for the fattness of Al, just used the old steel stamping machine. That's also why the numbers are so deep, steel is much harder then Al so the machine stamps the steel BB and AL BB the AL one will go much deeper....

|

New tech can't beat old school cool...or can it?
1987 O.O.S. Redline RL20II (Old Old Stock - this ain't no museum piece kids!)
2012 Norco Deviant
1996 GT Avalanche LE w/ Full 2002 XT upgrade and NE Total Air MZO fork