Shadow Corvus Rims?

Related:
Create New Tag

11/6/2013 10:17 AM

Ok so Shadow just came out with their newest rims. What do you guys think of them? I'm thinking about getting them but it's so sketchy getting a new product without having reviews to look at.

|

United Bike Co

The Shadow Conspiracy

"Whats the point in 3 pegs? What is it, 10oz for a peg? Just put the 4th one on! Jeez!"

11/6/2013 10:23 AM

From what I've heard about their other rims all of them are pretty good so i would imagine this one would just be a slightly modified version (i haven't seen it yet) but yeah im always hesitant to buy a new part too until it has some solid reviews

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

11/6/2013 10:28 AM

handlebar-to-face wrote:

From what I've heard about their other rims all of them are pretty good so i would imagine this one would just be a slightly modified version (i haven't seen it yet) but yeah im always hesitant to buy a new part too until it has some solid reviews

Photo

Photo

Heres pics of both front and rear. They added like the cursive font sticker like the local bars and captive forks. and they are 1mm wider than stun rims. All in all look very nice in my opinion.
|

United Bike Co

The Shadow Conspiracy

"Whats the point in 3 pegs? What is it, 10oz for a peg? Just put the 4th one on! Jeez!"

11/6/2013 10:39 AM

the stun and orbis are both really good strong hoops so i'm willing to bet the corvus will be..the only con i would give shadow's other hoops is that the paint wears really fast for some reason but they're very structurally sound

|

Refs

trades: Phocraken (beats for volume frame), The_bmxist (profiles for hollowbites), livefreeordie233 x2 (hollowbites for sd frame then noctis cranks for fit indents), Zachary_ (freecoaster for federal frame), Rascio (sold piv. seat), MaximusBikes (sold s3.5 frame)

11/6/2013 11:13 AM

dmx24 wrote:

the stun and orbis are both really good strong hoops so i'm willing to bet the corvus will be..the only con i would give shadow's other hoops is that the paint wears really fast for some reason but they're very structurally sound

Yeah im kinda new to the aftermarket rims considering this is my first fully custom build. I don't think the paint will be too big of a problem due to the fact that I don't run brakes.

|

United Bike Co

The Shadow Conspiracy

11/6/2013 11:38 AM

Wider rim, Spoke's holes are more offset and the rim is thicker where the spokes contact the rim to stop pulling through.

Seems solid too me.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

11/6/2013 3:22 PM

Probaly going to pick a set up..

|

| Temper Tantrum | Instagram | Tumblr | Xbox - Slow Miatas |