Shadow Inceptive fork or Fit FK 1.0 fork?

Related:
Create New Tag

10/11/2014 7:24 PM

Trying to decide which of these two forks with steep offset would be a better buy...Really like the invest cast dropouts in the Shadow inceptive. ..just don't know if invest cast dropouts are stronger than traditional welding...Like the Fit FK'S but the dropouts look big I'm real specific on dropouts. I know the Shadow Captive forks have been known to Crack at the coffin cutout near crown..

|

10/11/2014 7:32 PM

The Fits would probably be a safer bet than the Shadows. I really wouldn't trust the dropouts of the Shadow forks. But, to be fair, S&M made forks haven't had the best reputation lately, but the new Fit forks look pretty damn good.

Can't make a fork post without recommending Odyssey forks. Strongest forks you can buy, and until another company proves that wrong, it will stand. Plus they have the absolute best warranty in the industry; lifetime warranty against bending, breaking and cracking. Plus they're light.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

10/11/2014 7:35 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

The Fits would probably be a safer bet than the Shadows. I really wouldn't trust the dropouts of the Shadow forks. But, to be ...more

hurr durr ur an fan boi 4 lyking odissea

I second the Odyssey motion, but out of your two picks I would personally go with the Fit's just because I don't like Shadow. I don't think many people have had them long enough to give an honest review yet though.

|

10/11/2014 7:47 PM

gonna have to be a 3rd on the odyssey part my r-25's are the best thing that have happened to me

|

10/11/2014 8:01 PM

I think brokenbmx has the fit forks and likes them. I have no personal experience with any of those forks though.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

10/11/2014 9:50 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

I think brokenbmx has the fit forks and likes them. I have no personal experience with any of those forks though.

He does and likes them

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

10/11/2014 9:52 PM

I rather like my pitchforks
I have heard no complaints frim people I ride with about oddy forks

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

10/12/2014 9:43 AM

Love my FK1.0's! feel better and look better then my Odyssey forks.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

10/12/2014 8:07 PM

F25 forks. Front brake boogie!

|

It’s all bmx

10/13/2014 6:11 AM

adamnmexican wrote:

This! Front brake brethren!

Ive run 4 sets of 41thermal forks in the past 4 years. No complaints yet.

Those shadows are my favorite though. If they had front mounts i would buy the lot. IC dropouts, oversized crown and weld area, postweld heat treated, and 26mm offset. Sounds like the perfect fork to me.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

10/13/2014 11:18 AM

adamnmexican wrote:

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

This! Front brake brethren!

Ive run 4 sets of 41thermal forks in the past 4 years. No complaints yet.

Those shadows are my ...more

Yeah that's why I was considering the inceptive fork due to the new features it has with IC dropouts and etc...

|

10/13/2014 12:32 PM

MotiveLife27 wrote:

Yeah that's why I was considering the inceptive fork due to the new features it has with IC dropouts and etc...

Investment cast dropouts haven't proven to be any stronger than traditional dropouts. I'd go as far to say the Fit dropouts would be stronger. Plus the King Crown thing is probably bullshit because I'm pretty damn sure it has less weld area than Odyssey and Fit forks. And as I've said before on this forum, not all heat treatments are the same. I'd really go with the Fits on this one if you have to choose between the two.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital