Shadow Interlock Chains

Related:
Create New Tag

5/4/2016 12:23 PM

I've recently ordered a shadow interlock v2 chain in white, and was wondering if anyone has had experience with colored chains, are the shadow chains powdercoated or painted? Any reports on the durability of the colors? Thanks in advance Photo

|

What's pepperoni my homie?

5/4/2016 12:37 PM

they are teflon coated

|

5/4/2016 12:45 PM

I don't like those shadow interlock chains because, after a while riding them, they become weak as fuck, I never had one personnally, but helped some kids with their shadow chain troubles multiple times.
But whatever, this isn't the topic, don't worry about your color, the side plates will keep the color.

|

5/4/2016 12:57 PM

In white it'll look horrible after a while unless you clean it fairly often. I've seen other coloured chains flake a bit but I think they were cheap. It might chip a bit regardless of how the colour it though

|

5/4/2016 1:16 PM

Does it really matter? You've bought it already, no going back now!

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

5/4/2016 1:23 PM

Good chain good coat. Use white lightning to keep it slick and good looking

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

5/4/2016 6:47 PM

Francky wrote:

I don't like those shadow interlock chains because, after a while riding them, they become weak as fuck, I never had one ...more

I've heard many good things and many bad things, from what I've seen its a hit or miss but I'm willing to give it a shot let's just hope I don't bust my knee off of my stem sick

|

5/4/2016 6:49 PM

EddiMundo wrote:

Does it really matter? You've bought it already, no going back now!

Oh for sure this isn't a second thoughts situation I was just wondering what I should expect regarding the durability of the paint pinch

|

5/4/2016 8:22 PM

If you use a guard sprocket, it's gonna grind for sure. Some other halflinks tend to grind/eat away at guard sprockets too, which is why you see some wear on the inner side of guard sprockets.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

5/5/2016 6:31 AM

Francky wrote:

I don't like those shadow interlock chains because, after a while riding them, they become weak as fuck, I never had one ...more

So you have zero personal experience actually riding with one?

My interlock two was purchased in 2012 and is still going. My interlock v1 lasted 5 years.

Neither have snapped ever.

Side plates keep the color unless you are slamming the chains into stuff.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

5/5/2016 6:34 AM

Brutal wrote:

Oh for sure this isn't a second thoughts situation I was just wondering what I should expect regarding the durability of the ...more

Best way to find out? Stop asking us and go ride and find out! Haha

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

5/5/2016 2:42 PM

Chain was waiting for me when I got home. Was a bitch to break and seems to be stretching real fast, but I dig the looks smile Photo

|

5/5/2016 5:50 PM

Brutal wrote:

Chain was waiting for me when I got home. Was a bitch to break and seems to be stretching real fast, but I dig the looks smile Photo

That does look good. Esp cause the rest of the bike is subdued in color. Haven't seen many white chains I liked but this works

|

Frmrly BmxBos
Ref: Robinson79, aaron.samuel.green

5/5/2016 9:13 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

My interlock two was purchased in 2012 and is still going. My ...more

How long do you expect an Interlock Supreme to last then?

|

It doesn't matter where a train goes. It's decidin' to get on that does.

5/6/2016 12:53 AM

Francky wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

My interlock two was purchased in 2012 and is still going. My ...more

I'm happy than your chain hold so well, but each time I had to work on one of these shadow chain, the links falls apart and/or the holes are stretched, so even if I never had own one, this don't really inspire trust, even if there's another thing to consider : the kids I helped probably don't really take care of their chain, probably never lubed and often overthightened so it don't help to make a chain last.
I personnally ride a BSD half link and before a Cult half link (the only difference is the logo on it) the construction is a bit different, and I've nothing to complain about, the links holds well and only snapped once after nearly 4 years of use.

|