Shadow Noctis Cranks

Related:
Create New Tag

11/5/2013 8:06 PM

Ok, so I was going to get profile cranks, then I was going to get odyssey cranks and I don't want those either. So now I am down to a crank I reallyyyyyy feel I'm going to like. I just want to know about peoples experience with them and how they like them. So please, enlighten me! :D

|

United Bike Co

The Shadow Conspiracy

"Whats the point in 3 pegs? What is it, 10oz for a peg? Just put the 4th one on! Jeez!"

11/5/2013 8:24 PM

Basically they made primo cranks better. They use a splined pedal boss so pedals don't seize. They kick ass.get em. A bunch of locals have them and haven't had an issue. Personally I've been rocking my subrosa bitchins for a while and they are the best I've ridden between redline, profile, and twombolts.

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

11/5/2013 8:32 PM

"You know how Primo was having problems with Powerbite arms bending inward and added a rib on the back to prevent that? Yeah, let's completely reverse that and take away material there."

Go with Thunderbolts. Proven to be the strongest cranks and backed up by the best warranty.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

11/5/2013 9:36 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

"You know how Primo was having problems with Powerbite arms bending inward and added a rib on the back to prevent that? Yeah, ...more

I threw thunderbolts on my frame and I didn't like how you cant use both dust covers of the bb kit so im not going with those. TSC has a pretty good warranty as well with these cranks I hear.

|

United Bike Co

The Shadow Conspiracy

"Whats the point in 3 pegs? What is it, 10oz for a peg? Just put the 4th one on! Jeez!"

11/5/2013 9:37 PM

future FBM wrote:

Basically they made primo cranks better. They use a splined pedal boss so pedals don't seize. They kick ass.get em. A bunch of ...more

Thanks for the input! I'm probably going to order the tomorrow in matte white. :D

|

United Bike Co

The Shadow Conspiracy

11/6/2013 7:54 AM

future FBM wrote:

Basically they made primo cranks better. They use a splined pedal boss so pedals don't seize. They kick ass.get em. A bunch of ...more

pretty much sums it up..everything you would like about the primo's & improved everything you would hate about them, they feel really solid, look great and take punishment without getting marked up easy..only problem i've had was a compression bolt getting a little loose and the arm but i'll chalk that up to me not tightening it as much as i should have, honestly some of the best cranks i've ever ran

|

Refs

trades: Phocraken (beats for volume frame), The_bmxist (profiles for hollowbites), livefreeordie233 x2 (hollowbites for sd frame then noctis cranks for fit indents), Zachary_ (freecoaster for federal frame), Rascio (sold piv. seat), MaximusBikes (sold s3.5 frame)

11/6/2013 7:58 AM

future FBM wrote:

dmx24 wrote:

pretty much sums it up..everything you would like about the primo's & improved everything you would hate about them, they ...more

That's awesome to know! I just ordered mine today in matte white. I'm way more excited to get these then I was to get my profiles on my last bike. CAN'T WAIT!!! :D

|

United Bike Co

The Shadow Conspiracy

11/6/2013 3:17 PM

Get Odyssey Thunderbolts

|

Email: mccheesekid@gmail.com
Instagram: @McCheeseKid

Bought from: hrin, Me?, ecuadevil, regalracing, Dolphin

11/6/2013 3:59 PM

GTRPLR1995 wrote:

I threw thunderbolts on my frame and I didn't like how you cant use both dust covers of the bb kit so im not going with those. ...more

What? I have Thunders on my bike right now with both dust covers. If you have this issue with Thunderbolts you will have it with the Noctis.

|

11/6/2013 4:09 PM

Being Alloy, I have wondered if they stick on crank arm grinds on steel rails?

I ask as I know alloy pegs stick on steel rails and steel pegs stick on alloy rails.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/6/2013 4:19 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

"You know how Primo was having problems with Powerbite arms bending inward and added a rib on the back to prevent that? Yeah, ...more

GTRPLR1995 wrote:

I threw thunderbolts on my frame and I didn't like how you cant use both dust covers of the bb kit so im not going with those. ...more

BNC wrote:

What? I have Thunders on my bike right now with both dust covers. If you have this issue with Thunderbolts you will have it ...more

Well the thing is, my BB on my frame is wider than yours and I don't like how far off the spindle the non drive side arm was. But with Noctis I will be able to center it more. I don't think id like 2 piece cranks anyways. Not really my thing.

|

United Bike Co

The Shadow Conspiracy

11/6/2013 4:32 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Being Alloy, I have wondered if they stick on crank arm grinds on steel rails?

I ask as I know alloy pegs stick on steel ...more

I think alloy rails have softer material than the cranks, making them stick.

Skateboard trucks probably use similar alloys with cranks and they do not stick to steel rails.

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

11/6/2013 5:06 PM

Noctis cranks are great. I ran them for ages. Only reason I got rid of them where to get shorter arms

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.