Shadow conspiracy featherlight helmet

Related:
Create New Tag

1/18/2018 8:56 PM

Hey vital, so anyone know of any place with a killer deal on the shadow conspiracy featheight lids right now. Going to try this year without a full face and think this is the way to go. Input and suggestions welcome but I want slim fit low profile and it has to be certified.

|

1/18/2018 9:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/18/2018 9:24 PM

From my experience, I recommend Bell or TSG Flex helmets.

The Flex style helmets are fully certified but just as comfy as most uncertified helmets. They are made from segmented foam, which increases air flow & makes the helmet malleable so that it can form perfectly to your head, while still offering maximum dome protection. I believe it also makes them a tad bit lighter.

My first ever Flex helmet was a TSG Kraken. After riding in it, I couldn't see myself ever going back to an uncomfortable traditional style helmet. I got a Bell Reflex after that which is nearly identical in shape and design to the Kraken. Now I'm on a TSG Full Cut with the Flex design.
Photo

I had a Bell Full Flex for a few days (left it at a skatepark.. expensive mistake.) This also uses the Flex padding, but it also has some extra padding, an extra thick shell, leather straps, etc. This is the best helmet for BMX riding, but it is heavy as can be. This thing literally feels like a motorcycle helmet. It was the hottest & most miserable helmet ive ever rode in, & because of that I'm kinda glad I lost it. You won't find anything better or more certified though..

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

1/18/2018 9:24 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/18/2018 9:26 PM

Yea I have a fox full face that was like 400 bucks new and another lighter 661 full face... I'm pretty set on the featherlight just Cause of the profile and weight , I want to get away from the weight but I'll check out the bell, thanks... Money's not an issue.

|

1/18/2018 10:32 PM

Flex helmets are more comfortable than most other helmets except the protec un certified. I have used a bell segment and reflex but just switched to the featherweight. The shadow helmet is not quite as comfortable as the segment but it being so light makes up for it. The only thing i don't like is knowing one semi hard hit and the shadow helmet is gonna be toast. My already has a piece starting to break off just from rolling around the back of my van. The bell reflex is certified jot only as a bmx helmet but also as a multi impact helmet which is real nice when you hit your head a lot and don't want to buy a new one every time, but it is really heavy.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

1/18/2018 11:47 PM

Fox flight? Im really trying get away from the heavy....

|

1/19/2018 12:07 AM

S1 makes the best

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

1/19/2018 12:35 AM

I didn't get the featherlight, I went for the classic but it's still really light and is super company. I dropped you a message to say that I got mine from Winstanleys BMX, but they're a UK company. I know Source have them pretty cheap too.

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

1/19/2018 12:46 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/19/2018 12:50 AM

Aitkenisgod wrote:

I didn't get the featherlight, I went for the classic but it's still really light and is super company. I dropped you a message to say that I got mine from Winstanleys BMX, but they're a UK company. I know Source have them pretty cheap too.

K thanks, I may get the regular one if its able to take a few more knocks... This is basically a learn manual long distances confidence lid. Lol

|

1/19/2018 3:25 AM

who the hell buys a new helmet after his old got a hit??

|

IG: @_almost_crook

1/19/2018 8:01 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/19/2018 8:07 AM

I absolutely love mine. Comfortable, light, wearable for a long time, and best of all, doesn't look stupid. I have a big melon...like my brother called me a microphone for most of my childhood, and even my chiropractor told me I have a thick neck because I have a big head. So I was afraid it wouldn't fit, but it fits perfectly. I was riding an old RED snowboarding lid for a while, but it was meant for someone to wear with goggles and probably a hat so it was CONSTANTLY shifting on my head which...negates the purpose of a helmet.

I got mine through Shadow directly, they had some killer sales around the holidays, not sure what its like now.

I highly recommend it. It makes me actually want to wear a helmet when I ride.

To me, helmets are one and done. I won't trust anything after one good impact.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

1/19/2018 8:11 AM

booze wrote:

who the hell buys a new helmet after his old got a hit??

Because helmets aren't designed for multiple hits. After an impact, a helmet it supposed to be replaced as the protective material (shell & foam) have been compromised.

|

1/19/2018 9:18 AM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

S1 makes the best

I switched to s1 after almost 20 years of tsg , I’m stoked on the s1 fits nice and comfy

|

1/23/2018 8:11 AM

Just wanted to add in my two cents here since this post got me thinking about my helmet (was still using my full-face Pro-Tec). Based on your posts, I picked up a Shadow Conspiracy Featherlight & I must say, it is incredibly light & fits really well! & like stated before, it is soon forgotten once on your head!

|

1/23/2018 9:24 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Just wanted to add in my two cents here since this post got me thinking about my helmet (was still using my full-face Pro-Tec). Based on your posts, I picked up a Shadow Conspiracy Featherlight & I must say, it is incredibly light & fits really well! & like stated before, it is soon forgotten once on your head!

Hell yeah. Best helmet I've ever worn. I went out Saturday (first day above like 28º here for a while) and the skatepark was a mob scene. I usually don't wear my helmet if I'm messing around on pavement/curbs etc but I planned on hitting the park so I had my helmet.

I ended up just riding street for 2 hours and completely forgot I was even wearing the thing. Really a good buy, and a great design.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.