Shadow halflink and 8t driver

Related:
Create New Tag

11/8/2011 6:30 PM

cant remember but is it a bad idea to run a shadow halflink and 8t driver?
I'm building a bike for my son and he picked the shadow out of my parts bin
I also have a KMC 710sl to use but I'm trying to let him do this all by himself

|

11/8/2011 6:37 PM

nah you should be fine. they can be used with 8t

|

BIKE CHECK

living the life of a honey badger.
Refs: thebalt, kurtnut, scramhype

11/8/2011 6:54 PM

how old is he? 25/8?

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

11/8/2011 6:57 PM

it will work fine

|

Swoop it motherfuckas

11/8/2011 6:59 PM

Brokenbmx wrote:

how old is he? 25/8?

He's 5. And 23/8
We were at your shop picking out his grips today. He picked the fly finos

|

11/8/2011 7:06 PM

Brokenbmx wrote:

how old is he? 25/8?

genesis wrote:

He's 5. And 23/8
We were at your shop picking out his grips today. He picked the fly finos

those are good grips! hes a lucky kid!

|

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

11/8/2011 7:16 PM

Brokenbmx wrote:

those are good grips! hes a lucky kid!

I'm a lucky Dad. He's a good kid. He outgrew his 16" and I had this old flatland frame here. So we decided it would be better just to build a bike up and use quality 20" parts so later all we need to do is buy a new frame. This one has an 18" tt so it should fit him pretty well. We'll keep the seat low and should have no problems
Here's how it looks so far. Had to spend a little extra for some smaller parts for him, but he's done all the work himself. I just go back and tighten stuff down properly and make sure it's all lined up how it needs to be

[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]

And need to figure out what to lace his new hubset to. Looking at Primo 7 series or maybe Birdcage front Ribcage rear
[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

11/8/2011 7:29 PM

he has an amazing bikes, come get dual birdcages from the shop, we can lace them cole laced his wheels in 30 mins yesterday.

|

11/8/2011 7:33 PM

bike looks great! like broken said, do bird cage front and rear, theyre pretty damn strong, and the saved weight should help him a bit since hes pretty young

|

If you were a woman Id bash your skull =)

11/8/2011 7:37 PM

Dam your son is stoked.

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]
Refs: ScramHype, Wade, jwnolte, beastassdick, ///digitalme, iridebmx2122

11/8/2011 7:44 PM

Brokenbmx wrote:

he has an amazing bikes, come get dual birdcages from the shop, we can lace them cole laced his wheels in 30 mins yesterday.

Maybe. Never had anybody but turbo and John from albe's work on my bikes

|

11/8/2011 7:45 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/8/2011 7:47 PM

Just get him some sun envys they're cheaper and no way he'll break em. You could get him nitrous rings and they'd be fine tbh, and they're pretty much just as light.

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

11/8/2011 7:50 PM

Spenlard wrote:

Just get him some sun envys they're cheaper and no way he'll break em. You could get him nitrous rings and they'd be fine tbh, and they're pretty much just as light.

Hahaha, I thought about it, but I will definitely be riding it as well and I'm a pretty big guy
Probably going to see what goes on clearance for black Friday

|

11/8/2011 7:52 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/8/2011 7:53 PM

genesis wrote:

Hahaha, I thought about it, but I will definitely be riding it as well and I'm a pretty big guy
Probably going to see what goes on clearance for black Friday

If not, tons of rims on here go for really cheap anyways haha. Bet he's excited to ride it. Know when it'll be done?

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

11/8/2011 7:52 PM

Brokenbmx wrote:

genesis wrote:

Maybe. Never had anybody but turbo and John from albe's work on my bikes

if you dont get it done from us at least get it at albes is what i tell locals.

|