Shit luck depreciation thread

Related:
Create New Tag

5/4/2014 8:21 AM

Ripped both pairs of my riding jeans earlier this week, bought some on the way to the skatepark yesterday, ripped then in the first hour of riding. I duct taped the fuck out of them and still rode.

Also bought Shadow Slicker sleeves on the way there so I can run pegs (even though I hate plastics.) Iced a small rail and the shitty plastic doesn't grip my dropout worth a damn so my wheel moved and locked up so when I landed I went otb and faceplanted.

That was the worst of my shit luck, but my friend demolished a scooter rider infront of its parents, two scooters collided in a bowl and one got knocked into a comma, and then some kid snapped his frame in 2 on a disaster and said he didn't even know it was cracked before it happened (verde aftermarket frame, not sure which.)

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

5/4/2014 8:24 AM

Heres the kid haha. He has a video up too if you go to his instagram.
Photo

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon

5/4/2014 8:50 AM

try butcher or silencer sleeves. there is a cutout on the sleeve/dropout interface so you can put in a washer and have metal on metal contact to prevent your wheel slipping

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

5/4/2014 8:55 AM

tomdon wrote:

try butcher or silencer sleeves. there is a cutout on the sleeve/dropout interface so you can put in a washer and have metal ...more

I dont like plastics, only reason I got them is to run pegs at this specific park. Im not going to spend MORE money for something I dont want. Im probably just going to cut the bases off these sleeves and hope they dont fall off.

|

5/4/2014 9:24 AM

Maybe since you're doing some cutting you could make the hole bigger to try the washer idea.

|

5/4/2014 9:35 AM

Fondue wrote:

Maybe since you're doing some cutting you could make the hole bigger to try the washer idea.

Too much work. Besides, since the shadow peg tapers down near the dropout, I think the sleeve would still stay on. The plastic its made of SUCKS though. It started flaking off as I tightened down my hub (the peg rotated with my axle bolt because there is 0 friction between the plastic.)

|

5/4/2014 1:24 PM

Bad lucky guy story.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

5/4/2014 2:56 PM

I got some plastic pegs, but they have a metal plate at the end, so it doesn't slide on the dropout.

|

IG: therealclintvessey

{\_/}
( • .•)
/-🚲

5/4/2014 3:28 PM

USE THE FUCKING WASHER! THAT IS ALL IT TAKES! FUCK!

|

5/4/2014 4:30 PM

csb.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

5/4/2014 4:38 PM

Meanwhile my ex got back with me , kinda idk , yet she went to a dance and made out and grinded with other guys? fuck her

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short