Shoes

Related:
Create New Tag

7/16/2011 11:43 AM

Title says it all. I need some new riding kicks. Suggestions? And keep in mind, I hate that flat shoe waffle sole style that companies like Vans use. I want something with some foot support.

I have always been a fan of Adio, but want to try something else. How are Orchids? Osiris?

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/16/2011 12:21 PM

osiris's grip good and take a pretty long time to wear out though i can tell you that.
I have nike encore's and the sole wore out within the first 2 months but they still grip good and I can't complain really.
I was looking at the emericas on sale on dans they look good. And vans half cabs are cool too.

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

7/16/2011 12:33 PM

My osiris only lasted me about two months before they got holes in the toes.

|

7/16/2011 12:40 PM

try some almonds, padded all around

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

7/16/2011 12:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/16/2011 12:42 PM

vans halfcabs

edit: just read your whole post lol

|

refs: irideafly, mattjmuldoon (x2), JakeSalbert, aw1234512, lirider187, ecuadevil

bike check
bike check v2
bike check v3
bike check v4
bike check v5

7/16/2011 12:42 PM

I RIDE FBM wrote:

Do you run brakeless? My guess is that is why they wore out.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/16/2011 12:43 PM

thecomeup151 wrote:

vans halfcabs

edit: just read your whole post lol

No. I have tried them on before, they have that horrible waffle sole that I hate, and no support for my feet.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/16/2011 12:45 PM

I RIDE FBM wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

Do you run brakeless? My guess is that is why they wore out.

oh yeah, i ran brakes when i had mine btw.

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

7/16/2011 12:57 PM

orchird vandevers lasted my 8 months of brakeless riding. orchrid mid v2's ive had for almost 2 months and there a re holes in the bottom lol. so if u get orchirds then go with the vandevers

|

7/16/2011 1:24 PM

i like too bike wrote:

orchird vandevers lasted my 8 months of brakeless riding. orchrid mid v2's ive had for almost 2 months and there a re holes in the bottom lol. so if u get orchirds then go with the vandevers

Yea, I wanted the Josh Clancy colorway when they had it. (we used to ride together a bunch, he used to live like 20 mins from me and ride the same park)

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/16/2011 1:28 PM

my reynolds emericas were stiff as a board and lasted fairly long like 6- 9 months and i ride breakless and the grip is pretty good 2 i still have them but mainly wear them as slippers or just to run to the store when im lazy

|

me
setup

nollie tailwhips
nose manual
nollie 540 cab try it its fun

7/16/2011 1:33 PM

my 6.0 mogan mids have really good support, and should last for ages considering you run brakes, the little squares i have in the sole have amazing grip if you can find a pair of those, i run the lows and the only problem ive had with them is the little straps that connect from the tounge to the bottom of the shoe hurt my feet a bit cause i run shoes a size bigger, but i just cut them off and im in love with them, 6.0 mogan lows + JCPC's = best grip out

|

My Bicyclemachine.
|United Bike Co|Profile Racing|Odyssey BMX|BSD|Fit Bike Co|Cult|Dub BMX|Nike 6.0|Unit 23 Skatepark|

7/16/2011 3:51 PM

|

Shakesman69: My penis is SMALL.

7/16/2011 3:56 PM

don't get etnies. mine had holes in them after 2 weeks.

try emerica hsu. I tried some on at my lbs and they looked good. they're like half cabs, but with a lot more padding and support inside, and they dont have that waffle pattern that you hate.

|

7/16/2011 3:58 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/16/2011 3:58 PM

my almond defactos have lasted the longest out of any riding shoe to date. im not brakeless now but for the majority of it i was and im still using them with no holes.

stiff sole but very nice arch support and good padding. and they don't have that goofy early 2000's poof tongue on them.

my emerica hsu's were good like that too, not stiff though

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

7/16/2011 5:32 PM

Osiris' grip good. My friend bought some loteks and we were in a rush to go quick and I accidentally put his on..magic grip on those.

|

LMFAO!
ALBES
I call her "The Pussy Beater"
Sexiest Trails Ever.
IMO, Alienation, Eastern, and Verde are all trash.

7/16/2011 7:55 PM

i looked at the aaron ross etnies number mids at albes today and they seem leget, stiff, light and confy, i want a pair

but if you want reaaly stiif, nike oncore hitops, same +++++++ type grip as most other 6.0s, mildly padded tounge

|

Refs: 36 + (i forgot a few)!! ScramHype (x2) , TCbmx.(x4), Ecuadevil (x3), Lee Rager (please dont delete me) x3, Futurefbm, genisis,netti spagetti, carjakester,BMX-\1995/, showtime402 (x2), 562_Rider , SuperstarDk (x2), Kurt4413, Joe green (x2), Dee hos, Spenlard,roqfan,Stolen Cherry, ninjacat33, Broughton, also local deals with Droogskull, and jbeaton13

7/16/2011 7:58 PM

Do not get Nike 6.0 Melee's, no support what so ever.

They literately wrap around the pedals, as shown in the picture below:
[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

Refs: ~Stolen Boy~, Brokenbmx(x2), Warchol2, nitrojimbo, Cjmdawg, _brendan, handlebar-to-face

7/16/2011 8:04 PM

I absolutely LOVED my Orchids...

|

My nigga Ressler, stay up!
My nigga Babysatan, stay up!
My nigga Copiolet, stay up!
My nigga DakAttack, stay up!
My nigga NCDave, stay up!
My nigga Enzo, stay up!

And I ride for my niggas

7/16/2011 8:10 PM

no lie you will never wear out nike airforces EVER for all you brakeless guys. they have okay grip but i had some last year and they never wear down. they arent really bmx shoes but yeaaa.

|

7/17/2011 6:41 AM

Also, I haven't really had mid or higher top shoes since they were cool the first time (hint, think back to when LA Gear shoes were cool). I guess I am open to them, but not sure if that is what I want.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/17/2011 6:49 AM

I just got a pair of Almond Defactos three days ago. the padding in these shoes is great! last night in ann arbor i dropped this long, tall 14 set and didn't even feel it in my feet.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

7/17/2011 6:54 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/17/2011 6:57 AM

http://solecollector.com/shoes/?p=1933
my friend has these and i can tell you they will NEVER get holes.
i had the same shoe in black and red before and i rode in em for like 4-5 months and there's no wear AT ALL.
edit: are those da bronx shoes worth anything?
they do come a little bit big but whatever.

|

7/17/2011 6:57 AM

Spenlard wrote:

i had the same shoe in black and red before and i rode in em for like 4-5 months and there's no wear AT ALL.

Gross is all i have to say.

|

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

7/17/2011 7:00 AM

Brokenbmx wrote:

he got them free and they're collectors editions.
can't complain.

|

7/17/2011 7:01 AM

Spenlard wrote:

Brokenbmx wrote:

Spenlard wrote:

can't complain.

free is good but the style is unattractive and i feel like they lack grip.

|

7/17/2011 7:04 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/17/2011 7:05 AM

Brokenbmx wrote:

Spenlard wrote:

can't complain.

Brokenbmx wrote:

free is good but the style is unattractive and i feel like they lack grip.

they grip alright, just not on pedals that don't have a very concaved body, like they grip great on eastern crowns but so does everything else. and im with you on the style thing lol.

|

7/17/2011 7:18 AM

DO NOT GET ALMOND 1&9's, they ripped within one month and it was march, i probably rode 6 days out of the whole month.

|

refs: scwright99, ImDaBoss, pcoco, iridebmxeveryday, cschmall, thor_davis, dennis916, ETBA, nebikr13, Christianjames, ridebmx456, A08, CRAZYMAAZY, Odyssey339, Blake el Gingero, SRHrider, Jimmy2227,mannequinforce, Lee_Rager, Wade, Kevinl, agfracing, lil_huper, Bmxer10, BEASTASSDICKwink , Matix, njbmxerdude(x3), FitBikeCo77(x2), irideafly (escrow service)

BIKE CHECK

7/17/2011 7:46 AM

brenden1207 wrote:

DO NOT GET ALMOND 1&9's, they ripped within one month and it was march, i probably rode 6 days out of the whole month.

darn, that was the pair i was going to try next...

i guess ill get defactos agian

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

7/17/2011 8:26 AM

cupovjoe wrote:

darn, that was the pair i was going to try next...

i guess ill get defactos agian

Yeah, although they were comfortable as hell and felt great, they just ripped where the soles meet the rest of the shoe by the end of the shoe lace

|

refs: scwright99, ImDaBoss, pcoco, iridebmxeveryday, cschmall, thor_davis, dennis916, ETBA, nebikr13, Christianjames, ridebmx456, A08, CRAZYMAAZY, Odyssey339, Blake el Gingero, SRHrider, Jimmy2227,mannequinforce, Lee_Rager, Wade, Kevinl, agfracing, lil_huper, Bmxer10, BEASTASSDICKwink , Matix, njbmxerdude(x3), FitBikeCo77(x2), irideafly (escrow service)

BIKE CHECK