Shoes

Related:
Create New Tag

9/28/2016 2:23 PM

I know there are a ton of threads about this, but they change models and designs ALL THE TIME, so periodically a new thread is needed.

Anywho, ASIDE FROM VANS (I refuse to ride in them because they hurt my feet), what are some solid BMX shoes that don't break the bank?

I used to rock Adios, have run some Etnies (Brake V2 is too low, the aaron ross one a few years back was decent) and would love something close to the MID height (never run any and I hear good things) that will last a while and be good for wider feet and have some arch support? I don't have flat feet and hate it when my shoes are too thin and I can feel individual pins on the pedals.

I also run brakes most of the time, so that's not gonna kill the shoes for me.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/28/2016 2:39 PM

not the cheapest...but damn these ride SOOOOOOOOO good

Photo

|

It’s all bmx

9/28/2016 2:39 PM

I've got etnies jamesons now and they've lasted me really well so far. But, they're pretty low so probably not what you're after. I've got wide feet too, and etnies have always been a good fit for me. I've been eyeing up the manara for quite a while, but no local shops sell em and I like to try trainers on first, or at least see them.
Unfortunately, the good old fashion skate style shoes don't seem to exist anymore, everything's going like the old school vans. I struggle to find anything I like and that is comfortable.

|

9/28/2016 2:45 PM

Only mids I ever rode with were the Nike flights a few years back and they were decent. I would shoot for a pair of 6.0's or maybe even go the DC route. A little bulkier, but man are they a comfortable ride.

|

If humans could fly we would consider it excercise and never do it.
If you feel your still in control... your not going fast enough

9/28/2016 5:43 PM

Vans were my sworn shoes for biking , I get discounts where I work so I'd probably get Nikes or Addidas for like 70% off lol .

Vans = good
Nike Janoskis = good but grip is trash
Addidas Seeley = great but worn = slippery
DC = fuck DC
Osiris = had an old pair and they were good

Honestly you said you don't like Vans , but they grip good and you can get cheap pairs on sale . I'd suggest getting some insoles like Superfeet which will help overall in comfort but Footprint makes skate / BMX shock absorbing insoles that will help .Vans are a legit company and I've ridden them for years with no complaints really so maybe give them a shot with different insoles and make a final decision based off that

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

9/28/2016 10:30 PM

Obviously Vans..

|

Land it or go home

9/29/2016 3:57 AM

Jackie wrote:

Obviously Vans..

Nah man. Jordans. Not the cheapest but definitely the best.

|

It’s all bmx

9/29/2016 5:41 AM

Personally I have a pair of DC's and I think they are great. They aren't the chunky ass ugly ones that look like a rhinoceros. They are more casual BMX style DC's, and I've had them for almost 2 years now and the grip on the bottom is just now starting to thin out. Good grip and thick structure, without feeling heavy on your feet.

|

Ride Until The Day I Die

9/29/2016 6:25 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/29/2016 6:26 AM

Jackie wrote:

Obviously Vans..

adamnmexican wrote:

Nah man. Jordans. Not the cheapest but definitely the best.

Maybe.. that's your opinion but my opinion is that Vans are really great BMX shoes. I have experience with them for 5-6 years and never had any problem. Great grip, they aren't even heavy, also they're quality. I had my first Vans for 2,8 years and they was wearable like other which I had. Now I have Vans Era Pro and how I said. No problems with them smile

|

Land it or go home

9/29/2016 6:51 AM

Vans are terrible, but theyre the only ones ive worn so far that where my feet dont slip

|

9/29/2016 3:18 PM

Janoskies for the win !!!

|

When You Break A Tooth Riding Bikes, Get A New Tooth And Keep Riding . Trust Me

9/29/2016 4:13 PM

NotoriousBKN wrote:

Personally I have a pair of DC's and I think they are great. They aren't the chunky ass ugly ones that look like a rhinoceros. ...more

Supporting a company that has no involvement in BMX and fucked over multiple riders and the community by dropping their program to have more funds put into skateboarding

Fuck DC

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

9/30/2016 2:02 AM

Gotta choose VANS. But, I guess, like mostly everything in BMX, is more lenient towards personal preference.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

9/30/2016 5:50 AM

But It is really matters? Just buy shoes with waffle grips and that's it.

|

Land it or go home

9/30/2016 6:40 AM

Bouncing on the whole Vans thing...

Vans can sometimes be the best at making your feet feel as if they were chewed by a pitbull. At least that's what I thought when I put my first pair on again just "for fun".

I find that the Vans with that shock pad foam thing really is comfortable on your feet. If not, an insole helps so much...

They offer great grip too.

There's a donwhill/mtb shoe Vans makes that has an even grippier sole (the rubber is the one the climbing industry uses for climbing shoes) and a really fat insole. That might do for you... And they sure will beat jordans anyday XD

|

It doesn't matter where a train goes. It's decidin' to get on that does.

9/30/2016 8:35 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/30/2016 8:58 AM

My 2 cents....I have always worn Chuck Taylors. They grip the pedals fine for me - but I use mountain bike type pedals with the big spikes on my BMX - so I have no trouble with grip either way. I guess since they are the shoe I wore back in the 70's when I started riding, I have never needed anythign else. Some people talk about liking to have more ankle support, or arch support, I guess I don't know what that would feel like since I never had it anyway.

I also use Chucks when riding MTB unless I know I am going to get wet. That drives a lot of the gear snobs nuts at the trailhead..."you wear those shoes to ride?....Ugh...."

I have recently thought about trying some of the Adidas Busenitz or Seely shoes. Lots of guys I know around here like the way they feel

Also, what is the difference between the Lotek Hoder shoes and the Lotek Fader V2 FAsero shoes? Does any body have these?

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

9/30/2016 11:10 AM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Supporting a company that has no involvement in BMX and fucked over multiple riders and the community by dropping their ...more

Yes, they did drop BMX, but let's not forget how long they supported Mirra, and what kinds of things they did in BMX. On top of that, how many companies do you support that exploit labor? I'd bet the phone you use, and computer and tv and most things you own are not made locally to you, and have ZERO support in BMX. I used to run ONLY Adio shoes, and they really didn't ever do anything for BMX that I can recall.

Regardless, I won't get vans because every time I have considered them they were too narrow for my feet, had almost no support, and just didn't feel good at all. If I wanted something like that I would get 8 dollar shoes at Old Navy because they support the same for me.

I've run Osiris and they weren't bad, a pair of etnies I got a few years back were great (The Number I think-Aaron Ross' shoe), but the brake V2 is HORRID. Too narrow and low. Sole lasts pretty well though.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/30/2016 9:03 PM

OP: "...ASIDE from Vans"

Comments: "Get Vans"

Never fails haha.

Check out some of the Lotek shoes, they're usually upwards of $70 but marked down to $40 or $50 (on Danscomp at least)

I always liked mine, I refuse to ride in anything but them. They don't feel thin on the bottoms and the soles last very well.

|

10/1/2016 6:44 PM

try copping some nike sb project ba on ebay for around 50 bucks. comfortable, and will last but they are low.

|

10/3/2016 11:41 AM

Josephridesbikes wrote:

Janoskies for the win !!!

This. Great Shoes, last forever.

|

Fo' pegs or no pegs

10/4/2016 10:20 AM

Lotek Mac shoes tend to run large and they're very form fitting and flexible

I've had mine for awhile and once you break them in they are great plus the sole is one of the most grippy treads I've ever ridden in

|