Shoes

Related:
Create New Tag

3/21/2019 6:51 AM

Alright my vans rip in like 2 weeks of riding so I’m thinking of riding in Jordan 1s instead, I see a lot of people riding in them and they say they last at least 3 months! Anyone have any experience with riding in Jordan 1s? Any pros or cons

|

just living with autism and riding bikes

3/21/2019 7:11 AM

Jordan 1s have the same sole as dunks pretty much as far as tread and it’s awful. Not to mention they’re expensive.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

3/21/2019 7:46 AM

If you're brakeless then basically every shoe is going to die on you quite fast. Jordans have shitty grip for bikes, I speak from experience on this one. Just buy cheap vans on sale in silly colorways for like 20-30 bucks.

|

3/21/2019 9:16 AM

Etnies jameson 2 eco if you want the soles to last. They outlive ever other shoe I've tried

|

3/21/2019 9:50 AM

I was doing this for a while, but I got better and started landing more tricks. My shoes are lasting longer now.

Also if you don't run brakes, you'll eat shoes constantly.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

3/21/2019 10:04 AM

The longest lasting shoe for brakeless BMX are... Vans. Not sure what you're doing to eat through them in 2 weeks that's ridiculous. Take your foot out of that tire and learn to gauge speed better, brake check your back tire, or double shoe the ground to slow down. I live in a part of Los Angeles that is all hills and tons of traffic, I can make Vans last 6-12 months at least. I don't stick my foot in my tire every opportunity I get, I avoid it at all costs actually

If you want to get Vans for cheaper either try online outlets like 6pm.com or go to your local discount store like Ross.

|

3/21/2019 10:17 AM

Wait, if were gonna help you, you need to tell us where the shoes ripped

|

3/21/2019 10:27 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Etnies jameson 2 eco if you want the soles to last. They outlive ever other shoe I've tried

I took Steve's advice on this almost a year ago and I'm still it on my second pair of Evo 2's. With the first pair the shoe wore out before the sole was done, they're a bit slippery at first do be careful if you are walking down stairs because I fell down some but once they're worn in they last ages

|

Hmmm

3/21/2019 11:19 AM

Vans are awful and feel like slippers I’ve never had a pair last long or not give me heel bruise. Buy emericas same grip as vans but actually have technology in them. Any of the soletech companies are good to ride in.

|

3/21/2019 11:36 AM

Four wrote:

Vans are awful and feel like slippers I’ve never had a pair last long or not give me heel bruise. Buy emericas same grip as vans but actually have technology in them. Any of the soletech companies are good to ride in.

Anything that's not naturally occurring has technology in it wink

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

3/21/2019 12:05 PM

What brands besides Vans have an upgraded in-sole for their shoes? I'd like to see other options before I pull the trigger on another pair of Vans Pros. The in-soles are so nice and a bit more convenient than buying some crappy inserts

|

3/21/2019 12:11 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Edman123 wrote:

I took Steve's advice on this almost a year ago and I'm still it on my second pair of Evo 2's. With the first pair the shoe wore out before the sole was done, they're a bit slippery at first do be careful if you are walking down stairs because I fell down some but once they're worn in they last ages

I usually wear them as casual trainers for a month while the previous pair dies before I start riding in them. They're not the most comfortable, and the sole is stiff at first. But I've got 9 months of brakeless riding out of a pair before.

|

3/21/2019 12:23 PM

I had the same problems with Vans and pretty much any other shoes, I guess BMX just eats shoes.

Check for shoes 2nd hand and just ride them as long as they last.
I picked up several pairs in good condition for 5-10€ a pair in 2nd hand stores and flea markets.
It feels kind of stupid to spend as much money as a new pair of Vans costs to wreck them in a few months riding BMX.

|

3/21/2019 12:56 PM

Brakes are cheaper than buying shoes all the time.

|

3/21/2019 2:32 PM

Rubber boots and a shovel , then you can dig dirt jumps

|

3/21/2019 2:43 PM

I don't understand how y'all go through shoes so fast. Back when I rode literally every day for hours my shoes would last me at least 6-7 months. And I wore Vans Style 112 Pro low top shoes. AND I'd wear the exact same shoes to school, work, wherever and still got the 6-7 months. Yeah sure, there are some rips in them, but they're still ridable and I still wear them to work.

I feel like Vans are getting kind of a bad rap because people ride in the normal thin soled Vans and not the Pros. The Pros are seriously the only thing I'll ever ride in.

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

3/21/2019 2:57 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

I don't understand how y'all go through shoes so fast. Back when I rode literally every day for hours my shoes would last me at least 6-7 months. And I wore Vans Style 112 Pro low top shoes. AND I'd wear the exact same shoes to school, work, wherever and still got the 6-7 months. Yeah sure, there are some rips in them, but they're still ridable and I still wear them to work.

I feel like Vans are getting kind of a bad rap because people ride in the normal thin soled Vans and not the Pros. The Pros are seriously the only thing I'll ever ride in.

I use the reg vans classics (not pro) and they last me like 3-5 months. The only thing that happens is the vulc starts delaminating around my toes and maybe some rips but still fully functional, just ugleeh

|

3/21/2019 3:55 PM

eskimojay wrote:

I don't leave the house without a shovel on my back!

Photo

|

3/21/2019 6:08 PM

No no I ride breaks my shoes rip on the sides from whips and anything no footed

|

3/21/2019 6:11 PM

Photo
Photo
these are only 1 session old
|

3/21/2019 6:22 PM

Photo
|

3/21/2019 6:55 PM

eskimojay wrote:

am-shaegar wrote:

I don't leave the house without a shovel on my back!

Photo

This makes me wana get a bunch of migrant workers from Home Depot to help me build some trails cuz nobody out here does anymore >__< the good ole days

|

3/21/2019 7:03 PM

XxCAKEWOLFxX wrote:

This makes me wana get a bunch of migrant workers from Home Depot to help me build some trails cuz nobody out here does anymore >__< the good ole days

Wait, they sell migrant workers there? Well shit, now I have to start harassing B&Q to get some in stock!

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

3/22/2019 5:30 AM

Nike SB are not bad, most of these other mainstream 'skate shoe' brands should hang their heads in shame with the garbage they're selling these days.

|

3/22/2019 6:43 AM

Something isn't right if you're doing that to your shoes when doing anything no-footed or whips. That doesn't make sense. What do the outside of your cranks look like? Shredded metal?

The most damage I've done to Vans Pro was:

1. The outside edge of the bottom of the soul gets torn up because I run JCPCs with all the pins in one side. If I bail from a manual, I'll tear a bit off.

2. Just yanked the sole from the shoe itself from landing 180ºs at 150º and pulling on the material so much/

I'm confused where that damage on the shoe is coming from on the bike.

Also, fuck the Peraza shoe. Vans are retarded for making any BMX low top IMO. I have 2 pairs of the Vans Dak pro and they have rubberized pieces on the instep

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

3/22/2019 7:25 AM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

Something isn't right if you're doing that to your shoes when doing anything no-footed or whips. That doesn't make sense. What do the outside of your cranks look like? Shredded metal?

The most damage I've done to Vans Pro was:

1. The outside edge of the bottom of the soul gets torn up because I run JCPCs with all the pins in one side. If I bail from a manual, I'll tear a bit off.

2. Just yanked the sole from the shoe itself from landing 180ºs at 150º and pulling on the material so much/

I'm confused where that damage on the shoe is coming from on the bike.

Also, fuck the Peraza shoe. Vans are retarded for making any BMX low top IMO. I have 2 pairs of the Vans Dak pro and they have rubberized pieces on the instep

No I have shadow killers, I think it’s from my chain when I catch cranks

|

3/22/2019 7:28 AM

I never tore my the sides of my shoe like that doing whips. I have tore the sides though or wore them down, but that’s because I ride with my feet pressed against my crankarms

|

3/22/2019 4:53 PM

Why are the sides of your shoe being torn up? What cranks do you have?

Don't rest your feet right near the cranks that's a bad habit for destroying your ankles.

|

3/22/2019 6:22 PM

What the fuck are you doing? Do you run grip tape wrapped right around your cranks?

|

3/22/2019 6:34 PM

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

What the fuck are you doing? Do you run grip tape wrapped right around your cranks?

I tried that once and tore the side of my shoe that was canvas so no more of that lol.

|