Shoes with soft soles

Related:
Create New Tag

4/20/2016 6:12 PM

Im wearing vans atwood sneakers that i picked up at famous footwear. The soles are really hard though. They're like blocks of wood. What do you guys recommend for shoes with soft soles? I like vans or any other company that supports bmx. I also really love the waffle sole. I was thingking of some half-cabs or related style that protects the ankle too. Any recommendations would help. Its tough since i will need to order online. Thanks

|

4/20/2016 8:22 PM

Buy foorprint insoles.

|

You say BMX is your life but you barely ride.
BUT hey, That's none of my business.

4/20/2016 9:20 PM

Vans Sk8-Hi's or Half Cab's for sure. A bit heavy, but they're tough as hell.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

4/20/2016 10:24 PM

But footprint insoles or fiveten freerides.

|

4/20/2016 10:40 PM

Swap the insoles with any other similar shoe..? Or get Dr Schollsnor something they're cheap and help

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

4/21/2016 2:51 AM

Most Etnies tend to have soft soles. I go through them like nothing and it's starting to bug me. Soft usually means a lot thinner, so in no time they end up all floppy with no support. I've got some Nike 6.0's that are a few year's old and still better condition than a 2 month old pair of Etnies. But Nike always come up too narrow so they're not comfortable. Etnies fit me perfectly but don't last long.

True story

|

4/21/2016 4:33 AM

halfcabs x2

|

ride bikes, have fun

STRAIGHT OUTTA STRAYA

4/21/2016 6:47 AM

Usually when anyone mentions soft sole shoes they go with Vans usually the Old Skool shoes.

I used to ride with Adidas and they weren't too bad, I'm currently using Nike P.Rods and love them.

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!

4/21/2016 8:04 AM

Thanks guys. I never thought about inserts. Do the half cabs cover the ankles? I know the hi8 would

|

4/21/2016 11:10 AM

I learned vans has a special sole called ultracush HD available on their pro shoes so I picked up a pair of sk8 hi Pros. Hope they are not too constricting. If so, i will try the half cab pros.

|

4/21/2016 11:20 AM

I run the Etnies Brake V2 and it SUCKS. The sole is solid and lasts, BUT the back part (heel cup) is too low, and doesn't hold my foot in well, so I had a ton of movement which wore the inside of the heel cup in like 3 weeks.

Best shoes I ran were either some Etnies Aaron Ross ones I had in like 2010, or Adios.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/23/2016 6:45 AM

I wear a size 16 and the only shoes I can find are dc or some crap like Jordan basketball shoes, I obviously snatched any dc that I can but I keep having the problem of slamming my heel when I crash and bruises the shit out of my heel to the point that I can't put pressure on it, any suggestions or should I learn how to crash better? I already know I can't really change up my shoe selection though lol no one makes em in my size.

|

4/23/2016 6:59 AM

frankenstein wrote:

I wear a size 16 and the only shoes I can find are dc or some crap like Jordan basketball shoes, I obviously snatched any dc ...more

Tuck and roll, dude.

|

4/23/2016 7:08 AM

Rite! That's along the lines of what I was thinkin lol

|

4/23/2016 9:54 AM

Same thing happened to me. had to stick my leg out when I landed. Landed on my heel and it took me out for the whole season. Sometimes tuck n roll is not an option. In ur case i would recommend cushion inserts?

|

4/24/2016 12:16 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/24/2016 12:17 PM

Size 16 , what the fuck lol . Literally almost 2 of my feet would be one of yours shoe wise lol

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

4/27/2016 5:07 PM

Got the vans sk8hi pros. That ultracush insert made a world of difference for me. I kinda wish it extended beyond just the heel, but It is a great improvement over the stock vans shoes. I recommend it to anyone (250lbs) that needs a cushioned heel!

The hi top sneakers are a bit strange for bike riding. A bit restricting but not too bad. Maybe ill do the half-cabs next.

|

4/27/2016 5:40 PM

Sole inserts, black or blue(blue is named after some guy who climbs mountains) their cushioned varieties, they last ages, wore my first pair through 3 pairs of boots at work(almost 4 years). they mould to your feet, they do stop feeling soft towards the end of a long day, but I doubt most of you are 250+ and wearing your shoes ten+ hours at a time. Plus for any hippies out there, they're pretty eco friendly.

|

4/27/2016 10:36 PM

I use DVS shoes with rubber triple stitched toes. And if I can, airbags in the heals. They're nice and sturdy and don't kill my feet on bails.

It's hard to find decent shoes nowadays that don't feel like you just wearing a wool sock.

|

4/27/2016 11:25 PM

The fashion is flat sole unfortunately so that's pretty much all that's on the market. I wish they still made trainers like they did 10 years ago. I'd happily give money's for a good old pair of orchid van homans

|

4/28/2016 6:13 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/28/2016 6:14 PM

Vans are really thin sole shoes , that's why they feel harder , my bro who rides and skates says skaters like thin sole shoes because it gives them more feel for what the board is doing

|