Short reach Stem 4 Street

Related:
Create New Tag

9/17/2012 3:03 AM

First of all, i know this subject has previously made another topic in this forum, but since that topic is quite old and didn’t ask the questions i wanna ask, i felt like creating a new one.
i really like my stems to be short, although i ride mostly street. i used to ride that season’s le merk which’s unfortunately been discontinued and the one i had got stolen along with my bike earlier this year. i set up a new bike but am going crazy with stems.
I like my stem’s offset to reach as far as my fork’s, neither further nor below (maybe 1 to 3mm tops, but that’s it).
i tried them colony’s TLD but they suck, size’s perfect but they ain’t strong enough for street. i am riding a 45mm stem now and really hating it.
Would anyone in here happen to know about a 32-35mm reaching stem, as good for street as was season’s “le merk”?
thanks for your attention!

|

9/17/2012 3:17 AM

Usually short stems are used for flatland riding, so I dunno how it would go with street riding and there is probably not alot to choose from. As for what stem you should get, im not too sure because i think most of them are above 40mm reach.

|

9/17/2012 6:48 AM

Trev wrote:

Usually short stems are used for flatland riding, so I dunno how it would go with street riding and there is probably not alot to choose from. As for what stem you should get, im not too sure because i think most of them are above 40mm reach.

man i loved then Le merk stem, season should have never discontinued it

|

9/17/2012 10:13 AM

|

9/17/2012 2:54 PM

Trev wrote:

i hate short stems, i'm only 5'8" and my reach isn't very long but there's no way i can have a short stem, bike rides like shit with one.

|

9/17/2012 6:08 PM

|

9/17/2012 6:12 PM

if you could find a Suelo stem, they're pretty short, 35mm reach and hold up for street. friend of mine whipped & 360ed a 13 set with it

Photo

|

9/17/2012 9:23 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

if you could find a Suelo stem, they're pretty short, 35mm reach and hold up for street. friend of mine whipped & 360ed a 13 set with it

Photo

yo!!! thanks, and i already found a shop that has them, i’m gonna order a bunch of them, like three or four, just to make sure i never run out of it. thanks again, dude! you the man!

|