Shorter or higher rise?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/28/2017 5:21 PM

K so the other day I tried a guys bike at the park, he had a 8.0 rise on it and me being 6 even felt surprisingly comfortable on it, which leads me to think if I should drop down my rise. I am currently at 9 but am having hard time with the bars. Should I maybe first take the spacer out and see how that feels?

|

Ride till you die

8/28/2017 5:34 PM

Yes?

|

8/28/2017 5:35 PM

Also shorter rises in general are awesome, I got sick of nearly smacking my face every time I did some tricks so I dropped my stem like a rock. Feels awesome even if im a bit more hunched

|

8/28/2017 5:58 PM

Have you already flipped your stem? It looks like you have a Freeze TL stem, so if you invert it you'll drop your rise about 1.3".

|

8/28/2017 10:11 PM

Bryan91 wrote:

Have you already flipped your stem? It looks like you have a Freeze TL stem, so if you invert it you'll drop your rise about ...more

Never thought of that going to try it

|

Ride till you die

8/28/2017 10:48 PM

A flipped topload will drop it quite a bit, but if it feels too low you can kind of judge where you'd like it. A frontload would be about half way between the 2.
I have this weird ocd about how I set my front end up. I don't like the look of topload stems, or anymore than a 5mm spacer. So I run a 5mm spacer and frontload with 9" bars (might try it with 8.8 soon) to get the height I want.
A bunch of spacers and an upside down stem seems a bit like standing on a box and crouching

|

8/28/2017 11:07 PM

Yeah I agree but going to try it to see what I need before spending the moolah

|

Ride till you die

8/28/2017 11:32 PM

Rode 9.5 and loved it
Swapped to 8.85 , hated it .
Months later put on same 8.85 , love it .

Will probably get Jordan Godwins bars in 9 when they come out

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short