Should BMX Be In The Olympics?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/19/2013 3:43 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/19/2013 3:48 PM

I'm looking for some pros and cons.

There's pros in all corners of the world.

Is BMX a sport?

Personally, I think it should. However, I just don't know how they would pick the riders from each country. There's also a lot of rules and guidelines.

So... what do you think?

|

8/19/2013 3:47 PM

if ping pong is in the olympics then bmx should be.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

8/19/2013 3:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/19/2013 3:49 PM

the only problem i have with it being in the Olympics is that everyone thinks bmx is styrictly racing

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

8/19/2013 3:50 PM

No and No I don't consider it a sport.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

8/19/2013 3:53 PM

Video gaming is actually considered a sport so everything should.. Lol.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

8/19/2013 3:57 PM

i think if it was us who ride bmx would be l;ooked upon differently, around where i am people think its childish to ride a bmx bike haha. and its definitely a sport so i dont see why it shouldnt be

|

8/19/2013 4:00 PM

Sure. Essentially BMX is similar to gymnastics, you have to use every part of your course, you have to put a routine together to impress, and execute your moves perfectly.

It is absolutely a sport.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/19/2013 4:08 PM

yes it should a mean look at equestrian its fucking riding a horse. Bmx is highly physical and skill-full its also a crowd pleaser as the racing last year was well accepted.It would also release this bloody stigma surrounding us in which we all steal,drink and do drugs.why not have it.

|

8/19/2013 4:11 PM

Four wrote:

No and No I don't consider it a sport.

Bam, exactly what I was about to type.

|

RIP 71 N
RIP Randy Taylor

Shadow/Subrosa

Tumblr | Instagram | Digits - (407) 655-6998 | Email - kyzem.leahcim@yahoo.com | Xbox - eleswun

8/19/2013 5:10 PM

It already is I watched the racing it was Awsome..........as far as freestyle I doubt it ......freestyle bmx isn't full of clean cut athletes like the Olympics, not sure everyone would pass the drug tests

|

8/19/2013 5:11 PM

No....

|

Ride Or Die
PrimoPro Hub All Day
Tan Walls above all

8/19/2013 5:29 PM

eskimojay wrote:

It already is I watched the racing it was Awsome..........as far as freestyle I doubt it ......freestyle bmx isn't full of ...more

i feel like there would have been a decent amount of park/dirt riders that would.. and if it was in the olympics it would be park or dirt since u have to know bmx to be impressed by street stuff i feel...but really there are only
big riders in australia, us, gbr, and germany has a few... so i dont think it would work......

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

8/19/2013 5:47 PM

No because they'd judge it gay like the fucking Xgames judges

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

8/19/2013 6:48 PM

eskimojay wrote:

It already is I watched the racing it was Awsome..........as far as freestyle I doubt it ......freestyle bmx isn't full of ...more

lol i agree on the drug test part that made me laugh its already in the x games though does it really need to be in the olympics i wouldn't mind if it was through i'd watch it either way

|

Last words?
Just have fun on your bike.
- Jeremiah Smith

8/19/2013 7:18 PM

yea I bet a lot of pros are on pain killers... when you wake up everyday in pain, its hard not to be.

|

8/19/2013 7:21 PM

BMX racing IS in the Olympics...

|

Insta: @devicacy

8/19/2013 9:36 PM

realityisajoke wrote:

There talking about freestyle not racing and I think it would be cool to see it in the Olympics but I have a feeling that it would kinda ruin bmx and make people ride just to say I ride bmx and not because they like to and idk i guess what i mean is that it would make bmx a trendy sport that people do just to be cool.

|

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

8/19/2013 9:42 PM

realityisajoke wrote:

fitbikerider14 wrote:

There talking about freestyle not racing and I think it would be cool to see it in the Olympics but I have a feeling that it ...more

As if it already isn't.......there's like 10 new riders in my town this year alone I see 2 of them with potential who want it the rest seem to do it cause risings the cool thing to do but they don't commit to learning a damn thing

|

8/19/2013 9:57 PM

Why the fuck is ping pong in the Olympics?

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

8/19/2013 10:17 PM

No. I don't really think extreme sports have a place in the Summer Olympics. Traditionally the sports in the Olympics are minimalist sports that you don't need money to participate in, that way no country has an unfair advantage.

I think the X-games can handle the extreme sports just fine. Though I do think the X-games should bring back real park (wooden with big box jumps and such) and dirt riding. I've never liked Vert and big air is kind of a novelty imo. Street is okay to watch though they should use a much bigger street course.

|

8/19/2013 10:23 PM

If x is going to have concrete parks atleast build a full pipe...... I did like the wooden courses better......I don't wanna see moto whips in a park contest

|

8/19/2013 10:39 PM

the only thing is i could only see a few country s being able to participate such as US canada english countrys , but when was the last time you saw a pro bmxer from nigeria bmx is a thing that requires alot of maintenance and would be hard to find in some places , most events in the olypics are events with little needed stuff , swimming running

|

8/19/2013 10:44 PM

chad88 wrote:

the only thing is i could only see a few country s being able to participate such as US canada english countrys , but when was ...more

Maybe but I could see otherwise look at the racing USA and all the other big countries got their asses kicked by Latvia I think it was........I've never heard of that place until they won it

|

8/19/2013 10:45 PM

fuck no bmx shouldn't be in the olympics. keep the mainstream shit out of bmx. bmx is about hanging out with friends, riding, and filming. it's not about qualifying, getting pressurized by crowds, being judged, competing against your fellow riders, and trying to win gold.

|

This week's Sweet Shoutout goes to: biggybuggy!

8/20/2013 8:43 AM

crazyclark wrote:

fuck no bmx shouldn't be in the olympics. keep the mainstream shit out of bmx. bmx is about hanging out with friends, riding, ...more

Ya because everyone has ambition to be broke ass and come in last place

|

8/20/2013 8:52 AM

If it happens it happens.If it doesn't it doesn't. I'm notgonna lose sleep over it

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

8/20/2013 12:43 PM

We aren't elite athletes. We are a bunch of dudes having fun on little bikes. Sure we have comps but at the end of the day, if we had fun we are ok with it.

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

8/20/2013 1:09 PM

If it was an olympic sport than everyone that was in it would be getting drug tested tongue

|

8/20/2013 1:42 PM

Bmx is a freesport and has no place in the Olympics period. Racing yes but freestyle? Not a good idea. Av you seen how pathetic the xgames is? That would be nothing compared to what riding would be like in the olymipics, I mean fuck me imagine the judges. Fuck dat shit, its a Freesport not a competitive sport.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

8/20/2013 2:20 PM

Snow board slope style and superpipe is freestyle is in Olympics and sweet