Should I add a seat post???

Related:
Create New Tag

1/4/2020 7:01 PM

Hello my fellow BMXers I have a question to ask I have 20 14 Haro triple zero brake list and the Sea tube is Thibodaux and it's integrated into the step to the frame already but it's it's very low maybe about 2 inches up up. So being that low it's difficult to pinch it with my knees for things like bar spins you know even pull up bars and I was wondering should I cut it and adisey post oh and also it was nice to have it raised up for doing Hanging Five so anyway should I cut it cuz I really like having it the way it is but I have a feeling that it is handicapping me I'm progressing more forward and now just sitting here even asked asking you guys I know I should just do it if it is going to make me an actual better writer then it should be no question right

|

1/4/2020 7:12 PM

What the hell does this mean?

" triple zero brake list and the Sea tube is Thibodaux and it's integrated into the step to the frame"

|

1/4/2020 7:27 PM

much of your post is hard to understand....

as for the seat tube, you could cut it, and fabricate it to fit a seat post clamp. However, there is no real way to know if the inside diameter of the seat tube will fit a seat post. I doubt they reamed the post out so you may have to do that yourself.

Do you have access to tools and do you have experience or know someone that has experience fabricating stuff like this?

|

1/4/2020 7:29 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/4/2020 7:31 PM

Jimi_407_BmX wrote:

Hello my fellow BMXers I have a question to ask I have 20 14 Haro triple zero brake list and the Sea tube is Thibodaux and it's integrated into the step to the frame already but it's it's very low maybe about 2 inches up up. So being that low it's difficult to pinch it with my knees for things like bar spins you know even pull up bars and I was wondering should I cut it and adisey post oh and also it was nice to have it raised up for doing Hanging Five so anyway should I cut it cuz I really like having it the way it is but I have a feeling that it is handicapping me I'm progressing more forward and now just sitting here even asked asking you guys I know I should just do it if it is going to make me an actual better writer then it should be no question right

Yes, you should do it if it’s going to make you a better writer.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike. Instagram: @scootereyn // YouTube: RH MEDIA

1/4/2020 7:38 PM

readybmxer wrote:

I spit beer out when I read the last word...

|

1/4/2020 7:40 PM

If it is going to make you "an actual better writer" then you better do that ASAP because that incoherent rambling hurt my brain

|

1/4/2020 7:54 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/4/2020 7:55 PM

Jimi_407_BmX wrote:

In all seriousness. XD

So, you have a 2014 Haro 000 bike that comes with an integrated seatpost which only gives about 2" of height. Because of this, you find barspins of any sort difficult, and want to cut it and replace it. But you also like the height for hang-5's, so you're unsure of what to do.

I think I did better than Google translate, is this what you mean?

If that's the case, I'd take pnj's advice as that'll get you as close to the outcome I think you want. That way you'll have a higher post for barspins and it'll only take a little time to adjust to hang-5's. But it all depends how much this would cost, the process of getting all this done might be about the same as a new frame.

|

1/4/2020 8:20 PM

Reading that gave me a seizure

|

I like riding my bike.

1/4/2020 8:28 PM

pnj wrote:

much of your post is hard to understand....

as for the seat tube, you could cut it, and fabricate it to fit a seat post clamp. However, there is no real way to know if the inside diameter of the seat tube will fit a seat post. I doubt they reamed the post out so you may have to do that yourself.

Do you have access to tools and do you have experience or know someone that has experience fabricating stuff like this?

No its made to be cut because there is a slit for a clamp. I just like how solid it feels and the clean look. Sorry for the talk text issue guys mybad I knew I should had read that over lol

|

1/4/2020 8:32 PM

Jimi_407_BmX wrote:

readybmxer wrote:

In all seriousness. XD

So, you have a 2014 Haro 000 bike that comes with an integrated seatpost which only gives about 2" of height. Because of this, you find barspins of any sort difficult, and want to cut it and replace it. But you also like the height for hang-5's, so you're unsure of what to do.

I think I did better than Google translate, is this what you mean?

If that's the case, I'd take pnj's advice as that'll get you as close to the outcome I think you want. That way you'll have a higher post for barspins and it'll only take a little time to adjust to hang-5's. But it all depends how much this would cost, the process of getting all this done might be about the same as a new frame.

Yeah if you look up a 2014 Haro triple zero breakless. There is already a slit in the back periphery rated line to cut at and with the slit a C-clamp will pinch the post. It even says that if you want to add a post it will except a 25 millimeter seat post

|

1/4/2020 8:34 PM

HtownGetDown wrote:

If it is going to make you "an actual better writer" then you better do that ASAP because that incoherent rambling hurt my brain

I know sorry about that I was talk texting and trying to feed my niece

|

1/4/2020 8:37 PM

Stealth pivotal rules.. go for it..

|

1/4/2020 9:18 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/4/2020 9:19 PM

HtownGetDown wrote:

Jimi_407_BmX wrote:

I know sorry about that I was talk texting and trying to feed my niece

It's all good duderino, welcome to snark central! Some haro, Sputnik, and other frames that had integrated seat posts made it easy to make the conversion with a pipe cutter or a hacksaw. I've heard fitting a seat post after cutting can be a tight fit even if deburred well. Somebody suggested a reamer, but a 25.4mm flex-hone will do just fine for a lot less money

|

1/4/2020 11:44 PM

So basically the seat post and seat tube are 1 piece? That's grounds for getting a new bike in my opinion lol.

|

1/5/2020 1:56 AM

Jimi_407_BmX wrote:

readybmxer wrote:

You are dogshit at bikes dude stop hating

|

13 years old

1/5/2020 9:29 AM

"And for you sir?..."

"Uh yes, I think I'll have the Haro Triple Zero Breakfast, please."

|

1/5/2020 10:18 AM

Krooked wrote:

Thx bro appreciate it. <3

|

1/5/2020 10:40 PM

Jimi_407_BmX wrote:

readybmxer wrote:

Krooked wrote:

I thought the double entendre was clever.

To the OP, I'd recommend either picking up a used frame that you don't have to chop up and hang that one up in the garage or just go to town on the frame in question and never look back. If you truly feel it's holding you back, that's an obstacle you can easily overcome. Most things in bmx are attained through relentless repetition, this can be solved very quickly with a small investment of time or money.

|

1/6/2020 12:09 PM

learn not to pinch your seat and just barspin. ive never pinched my seat a day in my life with bars.

|

1/6/2020 8:50 PM

readybmxer wrote:

Thx bro appreciate it. <3

damn bro you rip nvm saw your clips if i could air 2 inches above coping i’d be talkin shit to new guys too #talklessridemore

|

13 years old

1/6/2020 11:30 PM

Krooked wrote:

damn bro you rip nvm saw your clips if i could air 2 inches above coping i’d be talkin shit to new guys too #talklessridemore

Thanks bud means a lot.

|