Should I be riding with these people?

Related:
Create New Tag

4/14/2016 10:02 AM

Basically the people I ride with all push me to do tricks I don't want to do, not like encouraging me, pretty much bullying me into doing it, calling me pathetic for not trying it etc. Should I really ride with people that will just bitch behind my back if I don't want to try something?

|

4/14/2016 10:42 AM

I think the answer is obvious. They don't sound like your friends. Giving a buddy a little hard time is one thing but bullying you is another.

|

4/14/2016 10:54 AM

My answer is a solid "no" to that. It's good for them to encourage and push you to do a trick, but mocking you after a failed attempt is just stupid. If you aren't comfortable trying something, don't try it. At least, not YET. There's always room for improvement, but you can't expect to learn something new every single session.

Best regards!

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

4/14/2016 11:08 AM

I always give the younger guys shit for not trying new stuff but they get that I'm not sincerely being a dick about it I'm trying to help them progress , and they're really starting to progress this season , but if you can't handle the heat get out of the kitchen

|

4/14/2016 11:25 AM

eskimojay wrote:

I always give the younger guys shit for not trying new stuff but they get that I'm not sincerely being a dick about it I'm ...more

I do this to an extent. If I know the rider, I give em crap. If I don't usually I try to be positively encouraging.

Regardless, if they do nothing more than harass you to do things when you aren't ready, tell em to F off and go ride solo. You don't need that kind of negativity. You should ride for you, not for the random jerk down the road who likes to bully you.

Honestly I would just not respond to them asking you to ride for a while. Go solo and if you run into them and they ask why you didn't hit them up, just be like "I didn't want to ride with anyone" and leave it at that. True friends will push you but not take things to the point where you clearly can't stand them.

OR pick tricks they cannot/don't do, learn some on your own time, and then harass them back when they won't try em.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/14/2016 11:31 AM

Games of bike are a good way to progress , been playing games of add on allot lately to , that's helping with endurance and consistency

|

4/14/2016 12:19 PM

No. As Dave said, just ride on your own, or find some other people to ride with. It should be fun, not something to be bullied over

|

4/15/2016 1:23 AM

ride at your own pace. stand up to em, and if they don't stop being pricks tell em to glob your knob. though it is nice to get a lil push every now and again to step out of your comfort zone.

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

4/15/2016 7:05 AM

Yeah. Progression is great and sometimes a push but they dont sound too friendly about it. Just do what you can and tell them to stick a finger in it if theyre being unfriendly. Youll have more fun i think.

|

4/17/2016 5:21 PM

fight them

|

selling refs: see profile
Instagram
bike check