Should I keep riding my bent bars

Related:
Create New Tag

6/4/2018 2:14 AM

I have Fitbike Dugan Bar bars and have been riding them for about 8 months now. I bent them not crashing, but getting my bike over a fence to ride some spots we were checking out. Should I keep riding them, or drop them and get some new ones. I have other 10s, but do you guys know of any good bars around 8.5?

|

6/4/2018 3:06 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/4/2018 3:07 AM

T1 ruben 8.5, T1 classic 8.85, relic void 8.8, the make damned 8.5. They all have a nice shape to them.
I rode with bent bars for a while years back, and I really had to struggle to keep manuals straight! They'll probably be OK as long as you don't do anything too crazy
Edit: aren't they older dugan bars 8.75?

|

6/4/2018 3:22 AM

just get new bars

|

It’s all bmx

6/4/2018 3:46 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

T1 ruben 8.5, T1 classic 8.85, relic void 8.8, the make damned 8.5. They all have a nice shape to them.
I rode with bent bars ...more

No, Fit makes the Dugan bar in 9.25 and 8.75...

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

6/4/2018 5:34 AM

I'd get new bars. Only because you will get (probably already have gotten) used to the bend feel... to the point that it feels normal. When you get new bars, they might seem weird & if you learned new tricks with the bent bars, going to non-bent bars might throw you off.

|

6/4/2018 6:19 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

I rode with bent bars ...more

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

No, Fit makes the Dugan bar in 9.25 and 8.75...

Exactly, the op asked for suggestions of 8.5 :b

|

6/4/2018 12:00 PM

I would personally get new bars if I bent mine. How bent is bent?

|

6/4/2018 12:42 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/4/2018 12:44 PM

I like heavier american made bars. I used to run mid/lightweight overseas made bars mainly based on 'special' technology type things. The flex is very different between the 2. S&M, Failure, Solid, FBM is what I'd look at. I also like at least 2 degree upsweep. Bar shopping is interesting.

But to your original question. I'd get some new bars mane haha

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

6/4/2018 11:13 PM

Spenlard wrote:

I like heavier american made bars. I used to run mid/lightweight overseas made bars mainly based on 'special' technology type ...more

Im pretty sure Failure failed...

|

6/5/2018 7:07 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

u rite. I still run their bars. Super strong hahaha, favorite bars I've had. rip

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

6/5/2018 7:09 PM

Spenlard wrote:

I like heavier american made bars. I used to run mid/lightweight overseas made bars mainly based on 'special' technology type ...more

Bulletpup wrote:

Spenlard wrote:

u rite. I still run their bars. Super strong hahaha, favorite bars I've had. rip

I had a failure mainiac complete as my first bmx. Bought it for 100 bucks. Lol

|