Should I learn B's regularly ?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/2/2017 1:03 AM

Ya ya another barspin thread but at least I actually toss them

Anyways I'm goofy as fuck and throw into my back foot , and it just seems to be all fucky even if it's what I'm comfortable with . I want to see if you think I should just learn them regularly ? I feel as if tossing into your front foot will stabilize the bike better and just overall not fuck my ass like "switch" ones . I'm contemplating just tossing them into grass and finding out if it helps and just relearn to throw and catch like that .

And yes I raised my seat a fuckton and it doesn't help much currently , so I don't know .

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

6/2/2017 1:06 AM

Opposite, not switch wink

Like everything in riding, there's not really a normal way of doing anything. Just do what feels more comfortable. By all means, give it a try and see how you get on. But it could be something else about your technique that makes it feel awkward

|

6/2/2017 1:37 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/2/2017 2:15 AM

I ride left foot forward, throw the bar right hand, so my natural bar is an oppo bar, for now I'm trying to get them this way (my barspin motion is far from being consistent the other way) to be able to throw them straight line, hop, fakie hop, in and out of manuals/grinds... Once I'll master my "oppo" bar I'll learn my "natural" ones to being able to throw them 180, 360's, half cabs...

My advice is to do the same, become confident with your natural bars, then learn them the other way later, many pros learned them the wrong way, Dennis Enarson pops to my mind first but I'm sure there's tons of others. (Dennis is able to throw 180 double bars both ways on a spine.... he's on another level tho...)

|

6/2/2017 9:04 AM

doesn't matter.

Once you get them down one way (which will be your normal way), you will eventually learn 'em your other way (which will be opposite).

So learn 'em how you want / what is more comfortable first.

|

6/2/2017 10:51 AM

It's a barspin if they spin. Doesn't matter which way. Just do it.

Nyquist is left foot forward, spins to the left and throws right.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

6/3/2017 11:32 AM

I have no problem at all throwing my bars either way, now catching them is another story lol. Seriously though if you just practice one way, that's the only way you'll do them. It's really not hard to learn the other way if you stick with it. It's always good for a game of bike if anything.

|