Should I pull the trigger????

Related:
Create New Tag

1/12/2017 7:51 PM

Photo

Photo

Guy is asking 650cad. I'm not too sure if its worth the price mostly because of a couple of salt parts. Let me know what you think

Parts: Stranger Crux frame
We the People Wham Bars
Odessy headset
Eclat Stream Forks
Animal GLH tires
Saltplus front wheel
Colony Freecoaster rear wheel
Cult BB
Halflink chain
Sunday Knox sprocket
New ODI grips
Hubguards all the way around
Plastic Pegs
Kink SXTN original seat
Saltplus 48 spline cranks
Odessy JC PC pedals
Salt stem
|

1/12/2017 8:01 PM

Seems kind of steep but CAD prices all seem a little steep to me. Try talking him down 100 or so. If not, no worries. The Salt parts look good. Everything looks like its in fair condition.

|

1/12/2017 9:27 PM

Ya i would go for it

|

1/14/2017 10:38 AM

With a stranger frame he should be paying you 650 to take it off his hands.

|

1/15/2017 9:01 AM

What website/app is that.

|

1/18/2017 10:15 PM

dawg1503 wrote:

What website/app is that.

kijiji

|

1/18/2017 10:51 PM

Good price , I'm Canadian and have a better understanding of our prices . Salt isn't bad either , it's not crazy good but is fuck with it and not worry much . You can always look on 3ride and add up how much it'll be new .

I'd ask to see if he can go down at least 25$ - 50 and true the wheel and grease the bearings , and that'll seal the deal . Put an offer down and see if he's willing to play around a bit . I've hand people lowball me and I refused to even reply . If you're good at communicating and the dude seems legit , I'm sure he can help you out . I'd be willing to put in some basic maintenance in order to sell a bike . It's almost respect for the potential transaction

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

1/19/2017 6:50 AM

Not a horrible price remembering that most frames are over 400 dollars in Canada. I would try to talk him down a little but email him and say that you want to see the bike and than when you get there look at it and than point out a few problems like scratches and maybe some surface rust or an untrue wheel or rough bearings and than use those reasons to get him down in the price. People don't usually mind taking money off for problems with the item but they don't like getting emails and taking money off site unseen.

|

1/19/2017 1:57 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Good price , I'm Canadian and have a better understanding of our prices . Salt isn't bad either , it's not crazy good but is ...more

Yea man i know how important communication is when making a deal. He's one of those guys that just gives one word responses and claims "I know what i have". Eventually i know i would have to swap a bunch of shit which basically defeats the reason why i was looking for a new ride. i mean i'm not trying to completely bash salt, but i just wouldnt be able to trust a set of their cranks when i already got some powerbites that i love.

My options were either to drop some cash and freshen up my current bike, or to look for a nice used custom. I figured this was the best bike around be for my budget but in the end i dont want to drop over 500 on some low quality used parts.

Ended up just ordering some r32's, 9" fu-bars, some sleeves and guards. I'm pretty stoked i'll post some pics when it's all put together!!

Thanks for the input boys!!!

|

1/19/2017 2:58 PM

Ya that's sick if he's not communicating well and isn't willing to budge even a bit youre better off getting new stuff . Fubars are sick as fuck , seeing them in raw at my local shopped is what inspired me to get a raw S&M frame partially , that and a raw whammo . You'll like them for sure

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

1/19/2017 3:41 PM

If he is playing the "I know what I got" game, he is stupid, and likely does not fully know. That or he set a price that is too high and won't budge. Sure, the brands are good, BUT used bikes in mint condition still only fetch MAYBE 1/3 to 1/2 retail.

At the least, see it in person, check bearings etc out. Point out some flaws that need immediate attention like wheels needing a truing, bearings being stiff or indexing (feeling like they catch or are slotted/notched), damage that is major (scratches don't really count much here)

Have cash in hand for a price you would be willing to pay (have the rest in a separate pocket if need be) and offer what you are comfortable with. Seeing the cash, he will either take it or say no, then you can walk and he will be more likely to sell a tad cheaper.

You can even check on local completes that are similar level of bike and their pricing, even in-shop bikes that are equipped with full chromoly parts and double walls with a coaster could be mentioned if pricing is not too far off.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/21/2017 9:32 AM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Ya that's sick if he's not communicating well and isn't willing to budge even a bit youre better off getting new stuff . ...more

Photo

Photo

Hell yea they feel great. I think the 10s would just be way too ignorant for me. Pretty stoked I was able to get these 9s!!
|

1/21/2017 11:28 AM

what kind of bike is that it looks incredible!!!!

|