Should I swap out my 28t for a 30t?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/22/2022 3:26 PM

Quite simple really. Should I put my 30t on? Part of me wants to, part of me doesn't. Will y'all decide for me?

Should I swap out my 28t for a 30t?

View Results

|

9/22/2022 4:30 PM

30-9.....

Photo

|

9/22/2022 6:16 PM

Eh wait til your sprocket explodes

|

13 years old

9/24/2022 11:45 AM

MostlyBowlDoggin wrote:

30-9.....

Photo

That's how I felt when I was 15 lol, ended up getting socket drive thunderbolts when I upgraded cranks and no one made a 30t guard for them at the time so I ended up running 28-9. Really liked that and stuck with it for a real long time. Currently running profiles, and just recently got back my first 30t sprocket from a friend who's had it for years. Just put it on, gonna go test it out.

|

9/24/2022 12:51 PM

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

That's how I felt when I was 15 lol, ended up getting socket drive thunderbolts when I upgraded cranks and no one made a 30t ...more

Yeah, at 15 I thought I was going to be brakeless for the rest of my life and never enjoy skate parks. Then I learned how to work on my bike, put brakes back on, and figured out that riding ramps is way more fun than riding street, especially as you get older.

I'd still be on 33/11 or 10 if hubs were offered with drivers above 9t. As far as I know Profile/Madera and Relic are the only companies still offering 10t driver options.

|

9/24/2022 2:28 PM

MostlyBowlDoggin wrote:

Yeah, at 15 I thought I was going to be brakeless for the rest of my life and never enjoy skate parks. Then I learned how to ...more

Forsure. I thought I'd always run brakes, but now they're barely ever on my bike. I've tried running them here and there, but I just don't enjoy them as much as I did when I was younger. I've definitely developed more of a love for transition in the past couple years, it's a lot of fun. Still love street though lol

I've got a 33-10 in my midschool build, it's a really good ratio. V2 hazard cassette. Shame they don't make them anymore. Bummer that there's a minimal market for them

Honestly wouldn't mind a 10t freecoaster haha

|

9/26/2022 4:14 AM

Over the last 2 years, ive gone from 25t, to 28t and then to 30t. Your average cruising speed is higher and when riding ramps you can drop into big quarters and not feel like you've maxed your speed out. Its not for everyone though but i would say try it out and see how you like it!

|

9/26/2022 4:32 AM

Hopefully 30T will fit on your frame, without having a bad chain line

|

French BMX shop located South Est www.unleadedbmx.com

9/26/2022 8:26 AM

Michael Cranston wrote:

Over the last 2 years, ive gone from 25t, to 28t and then to 30t. Your average cruising speed is higher and when riding ramps ...more

Forsure, I've only run it intermittently over the past 3 years or so. Put it on a couple days ago and liking it so far

|

9/26/2022 8:28 AM

Unleaded BMX wrote:

Hopefully 30T will fit on your frame, without having a bad chain line

Fits with no problem, actually took out a drive side spindle spacer when I did it and it still has plenty of clearance lol

Thought about trying out a 31 or 32 haha, I don't think I could clear a 33

|

9/27/2022 2:07 AM

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

Fits with no problem, actually took out a drive side spindle spacer when I did it and it still has plenty of clearance lol

...more

All good then! Sprocket compatibility and chainline is a big problem on recent frames (due to short and wide CS)

|

French BMX shop located South Est www.unleadedbmx.com

9/27/2022 6:34 AM

Photo
|