Should I upgrade?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/5/2017 11:42 PM

I've had a couple of posts talking about building a custom bike, I was thinking, should I just keep upgrading the bike I have now? I have a Sunday Blueprint 2016, the only issue with it is slightly bent rims, does not affect the riding. Would it be better to just buy a new bike or parts for this one, my frame is hi ten steel by the way.

Thanks

|

1/6/2017 12:30 AM

A custom worth having will cost a lot, you're better off just upgrading parts and doing it gradually over time. See if there's a buy and sell page on Facebook in your area, and keep an eye out on pinkbike, there's loads of good second hand parts floating around

|

1/6/2017 8:28 AM

Depends what your budget is. How much are you planning on spending? That should pretty much answer your question.

|

1/6/2017 9:12 AM

Upgrade, it's always nice to have a fresh ride.
Plus it's nice having multiple bike just in case something breaks, or just for collecting.

|

1/6/2017 3:36 PM

Get your wheels trued, save the cash for when stuff breaks. OR replace what truly needs it and do a little at a time, next thing you know you have a solid setup.

Or if money is no object, build a kickass setup.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/6/2017 8:07 PM

I was thinking about buying a custom bike. Trying to spend no more than 1000cdn would that be possible?

|

1/7/2017 12:00 AM

Bump

|

1/7/2017 3:05 AM

amant20 wrote:

I was thinking about buying a custom bike. Trying to spend no more than 1000cdn would that be possible?

Not really, but you could upgrade some of your current bike with good parts. You'd want double your budget to build a decent custom

|

1/7/2017 9:34 AM

amant20 wrote:

grumpySteve wrote:

Not really, but you could upgrade some of your current bike with good parts. You'd want double your budget to build a decent ...more

Alright, thanks smile

|