Should i go to the trails?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/15/2014 9:26 AM

So i have a friend that is pretty much a poser bmx rider, but he went to some trails once and he wants me to go with him. But idk anything about the trails and i don't want to just roll up and ride. They are built in some woods behind a bmx race track but they weren't built by the track owners. I don't know if they are public trails or are a crews private spot. Should i go ride them or just put more work in on my own trails?

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

5/15/2014 9:45 AM

Go over check em out if they're worthy riding then dig till they let you ride or if there's no one. There find a og trail owner and ask if u can ride

|

5/15/2014 10:05 AM

Dig first (fix lips and landings) and if they look good sweep the lose dirt off the jumps and then ride and remember one thibng if you fuck anything up fix it.

|

REFS: Drnwag irideafly sunday.bmx21 8=D xlilkillaluc15x Dennis916 Blake El Gingero mattjmuldoon@hotmail.com netty speghetti kr00253 bstick Dudeisdrumer109

pcoco ticaleb

5/15/2014 10:48 AM

Yeah get down there man, introduce yourself to any locals that are there, ask them if they need a hand with anything before you start fucking with anything. Some people won't approve of you even fixing up lips and shit unless they know you what your doing, it'll depend how manicured they are.

Do it dude, the trail life is a good life.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

5/15/2014 10:53 AM

It depends on who made the trails, but usually they'll be fine if you look after it. The maker of the trails nearest to me is happy to see people ride them, but he doesn't like people damaging the jumps on purpose. However he doesn't care if someone cases and damages the landing, because he knows it wasn't on purpose.

|

5/15/2014 11:58 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/15/2014 11:59 AM

YES! Go! At least check them out.. there's no harm in that. You might meet some of the builders, introduce yourself and let em know you're down to dig. That's the way you make new friends to ride with! "Nothing ventured, nothing gained." I went with a couple friends to check out some trails we heard about, about two weeks ago... they are dope. Not too huge, lots of cool berm runs and hips for days.. all shaded by trees. An awesome find, super fun to ride fast. On our second visit, two local kids showed up. No biggie. We said whats up. Talked, complimented their work.. they ended up showing us their shovel stash and they're totally cool with us riding their work. These trails aren't too far from were I live, actually right under my nose. I'm glad I explored that area. DTD! DOWN TO DIG!

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

5/16/2014 8:54 AM

Go and be willing to put in work. If you are not willing to grab a shovel and help out (with what the builders want, not what works for you), then stay out.

If you are willing to put in some work, then by all means, give it a go.

ALWAYS check out other forms of riding you don't typically do, you never know how it will help your riding.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

5/16/2014 10:05 AM

Ok, i've always wanted to ride trails and i'm more than willing to help build. But if no one's there should i ride?

|

bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

5/16/2014 5:57 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/16/2014 5:57 PM

Steve Crandall just told me i need to ride these trails, now i have no excuse not to.

|

bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

5/16/2014 6:13 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Steve Crandall just told me i need to ride these trails, now i have no excuse not to.

Dude. Did you find the Club?

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

5/16/2014 7:27 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

Dude. Did you find the Club?

Naw, but crandall and i talked for a bit, so that was cool. Photo

|

bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

5/16/2014 7:45 PM

Where do you get these shirts from?

|

Check my Youtube Channel and Subscribe if you like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC62awwE63LVhyBqOgIyY3ZA
Follow me on Instagram @ scott_effting & toododgy

5/16/2014 7:56 PM

Effting wrote:

Where do you get these shirts from?

Not sure if this is the thread you meant to post that in, but i got mine from kink.

|

bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

5/16/2014 9:59 PM

Not gonna quote the picture, but that's rad as hell.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

5/17/2014 1:56 AM

yes, go ride them
dont be a bitch and hit them
]try riding your bike faster than 3mph
hit them again
get good at hitting them
theb one day bring a shovel and build a jump next to them just like them\
cept build the gap a couple feet bigger