Should i take the brakes off?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/3/2008 8:44 PM

Ok i just started ridin not that long ago and i dont know rather i shud take my brakes off or leave em on. Also how do u do a fuckin 180.
ive been tryin to do one and cant
on get to like a 90 lol

|

my anaconda dont want none enless you got buns hun


Go deep hairy weasle

5/3/2008 8:47 PM

Think about it. You can leave you're brakes on for when you need them and when you have room for your run at the park or street spot just keep your fingers off. Even trails get crowded.

|

5/3/2008 8:52 PM

if you ride street defanatly take them off. i wouldnt if you ride park tho coz you lose some rear wheel tricks and little kids on scooters will fly infront of you u'll flatten them them then have angry moms to deal with

|

DANGER!

5/3/2008 8:53 PM

radbmx wrote:

if you ride street defanatly take them off. i wouldnt if you ride park tho coz you lose some rear wheel tricks and little kids on scooters will fly infront of you u'll flatten them them then have angry moms to deal with

|

5/3/2008 9:02 PM

why the hell do you have to take the brakes off to ride street? Does brakless even do anything?

|

5/3/2008 9:06 PM

Red Dynomite wrote:

why the hell do you have to take the brakes off to ride street? Does brakless even do anything?

you dont have to it's just way more fun, makes you learn to judge your speed beter and you cant bitch out of doing stuff id ride park brakeless if there wasn't so many blind scooter midgets at my local park

|

DANGER!

5/3/2008 9:48 PM

Red Dynomite wrote:

why the hell do you have to take the brakes off to ride street? Does brakless even do anything?

radbmx wrote:

you dont have to it's just way more fun, makes you learn to judge your speed beter and you cant bitch out of doing stuff id ride park brakeless if there wasn't so many blind scooter midgets at my local park

dudes, i was on the pro-brakes side for a while, but i recently took them off and I love it.

here are some reasons to take em off:
1) no shitty maintenance. brakes are a hassel and a half to keep running right
2) lighter bike
3) cleaner look
4) able to bars and whip without tangling up

i love mine off. it takes a little getting use to, but i love it.

|

5/4/2008 10:42 AM

i have an old mongoose that i took the brakes off and since then, it seems to help. it's a horrible bike, but i mostly use it for flatland and with the brakes off, since they were useless anyways, i seemed to have shaved some weight and my bike definitely looks a bit nicer. but more than anything, consider where / what you're riding. if you're riding street, you may want to remove them. if you're riding dirt, i'd keep them, since they might save your life... but all that is your choice.

|

hit me up w/ some friend invites!
[LINK TO IMAGE]

5/4/2008 11:01 AM

think about it,

its instinct to reach for your brake, so leave it on,

you dont have to use it if you dont want, but its there for emergencys

|

jamie girven, aka case hawk.

5/4/2008 11:13 AM

i think riding brakeless is just a thing to look "cool"
it does look betta without brakes i will admit it
but for the moment ima leave mine on
if its raining or the ground is wet how are u gonna stop without brakes
honestly i think its dumb but its however u wanna ride

|

Bikes Make Me Jizz

5/4/2008 2:43 PM

hey i nearly got run over by a fucking car today... I decided to put the brakes on...


also I think it depends on where u live... steeps and downhills mean brakes

|

My treehouse is made from skateboards...

Ü

5/4/2008 2:52 PM

if your careful ridin street GO FOR IT!
I have 2 bikes: 2008 colony endeavour WITH rear brakes
2006 eastern metalhead and i just took the brakes off it

both my bikes are really fun but for saftey i use the colony for park to avoid crushing little scooter fags.

|

5/4/2008 3:31 PM

i run gyro an once youve set it up it works fine, no problems with mine for ages,
so yeh brakes for sure, just cos its there doesnt mean you have to use it,
an it seems street riders dont ride brakes, i dont realy understand this cos there the people who are most likely to get run over or somethin so would make sense to ride one, only my opinion tho.

|

5/4/2008 3:45 PM

Red Dynomite wrote:

why the hell do you have to take the brakes off to ride street? Does brakless even do anything?

radbmx wrote:

you dont have to it's just way more fun, makes you learn to judge your speed beter and you cant bitch out of doing stuff id ride park brakeless if there wasn't so many blind scooter midgets at my local park

Tuo_Rider95370 wrote:

dudes, i was on the pro-brakes side for a while, but i recently took them off and I love it.

here are some reasons to take em off:
1) no shitty maintenance. brakes are a hassel and a half to keep running right
2) lighter bike
3) cleaner look
4) able to bars and whip without tangling up

i love mine off. it takes a little getting use to, but i love it.

You entire brake assembly doesn't weigh that much. Cable hangers and chainstay mounted brakes are the only things that make brake maintenance a pain. Meanwhile you can run dual cables with the "london mod" and trust me dual cables rule because with two cardboard spacers and one speed clamp you can dial them so fucking easily as long as they are seatstay mounted. Check out my set up. Unbelievable, I am a brake expert LOL

|

5/4/2008 4:58 PM

i rreallly hate gyro lol
but i like the set up u have
where did u get the wire instead of the cable hanger?

|

my anaconda dont want none enless you got buns hun


Go deep hairy weasle

5/11/2009 6:28 AM

you can always take them off but leave the brake mounts there just incase!! tht way if you decied to ride dirt or sumthin you can just put em rigth back on

|

click here to add me on myspace
life isnt about how hard you can hit, its about how hard you can get hit and keep moving foward.... how much you can take and keep moving foward

5/11/2009 6:28 AM

you can always take them off but leave the brake mounts there just incase!! tht way if you decied to ride dirt or sumthin you can just put em rigth back on

|

click here to add me on myspace
life isnt about how hard you can hit, its about how hard you can get hit and keep moving foward.... how much you can take and keep moving foward

5/11/2009 8:01 AM

i just got the 180 not to long ago, cant get the roll back yet practice on an incline. once ur gettin those evertime u should be able 2 spin it on flat. and i chopped my brakes off and i ride street and a little dirt but nothin big lol but heres where i made my mistake i chopped my brake mounts....lol but when it comes down 2 it, its all in personal preference and ive ridin brakeless even as a little kid so its up to u man. but personally i think that the brake lever gets in the way cuz im always smashing my knuckles on it

|

5/11/2009 8:13 AM

haha 180's are mad easy!

|

5/11/2009 8:15 AM

look at the date he posted this.. let this thread die

|

My refs ?... Nigga just ask about me

5/11/2009 8:52 AM

Do what you want but trust me it feels so much better with out them!!!!

|

$$$DGOOD$$$

5/11/2009 9:07 AM

Take them off. It's the trend right now, so go with it!

|

Yes, I really live in Wyoming.

5/13/2009 6:53 PM

Trooper wrote:

i have an old mongoose that i took the brakes off and since then, it seems to help. it's a horrible bike, but i mostly use it for flatland and with the brakes off, since they were useless anyways, i seemed to have shaved some weight and my bike definitely looks a bit nicer. but more than anything, consider where / what you're riding. if you're riding street, you may want to remove them. if you're riding dirt, i'd keep them, since they might save your life... but all that is your choice.

mongoose is out of the question. no walmart bikes allowed.

|

place signature here.

5/13/2009 7:04 PM

Trooper wrote:

i have an old mongoose that i took the brakes off and since then, it seems to help. it's a horrible bike, but i mostly use it for flatland and with the brakes off, since they were useless anyways, i seemed to have shaved some weight and my bike definitely looks a bit nicer. but more than anything, consider where / what you're riding. if you're riding street, you may want to remove them. if you're riding dirt, i'd keep them, since they might save your life... but all that is your choice.

drumaboyy13 wrote:

mongoose is out of the question. no walmart bikes allowed.

Dude look at the date of this thread...

|

WILBERT HERNANDEZ...

5/13/2009 7:05 PM

zombie

|

My nigga Ressler, stay up!
My nigga Babysatan, stay up!
My nigga Copiolet, stay up!
My nigga DakAttack, stay up!
My nigga NCDave, stay up!
My nigga Enzo, stay up!


And I ride for my niggas

1/13/2010 2:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/13/2010 2:44 PM

but woudlnt u get the things on the sides of the wheel (where the brakes were)

|

1/13/2010 2:44 PM

bmxing is my life 4 ever wrote:

but woudlnt u get the things on the sides of the wheel (where the brakes were)

DONT FUCKING BRING BACK DEAD THREADS! HOLY FUCK GOSH DAMN NOOBS GTFO! smile

|

1/13/2010 2:46 PM

r u serious?in that edit yester day u were doin 3 tire taps

|

1/13/2010 2:47 PM

oh dang i though joe was playing around but i didnt see how old this thread was.

|

you can call me Paulo...
Flickr
*Vital's official Filipino!*

1/13/2010 2:48 PM

AndySubrosa8 wrote:

r u serious?in that edit yester day u were doin 3 tire taps

look at the date

|

crystal meth