Shovel head vs thunderbird what’s the difference?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/28/2019 2:08 AM

As the thread says I just need a more knowledgeable rider to help me understand what the difference is on these two eastern bikes or is there no difference

|

1/28/2019 3:50 AM

Looks like the thunderbird is more for trails, with slightly longer chainstays. The shovelhead has shorter chainstays and pegs

|

1/29/2019 4:52 AM

Yeah, the Thunderbird is a trails bike & the Shovel is street. Although you can ride either for whatever you want.

|

1/29/2019 10:22 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/29/2019 10:22 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Yeah, the Thunderbird is a trails bike & the Shovel is street. Although you can ride either for whatever you want.

I think its funny that the thunderbird is advertised as a trails bike with geo following suit, yet they include pegs. Its a very nice gesture on thier part, honestly, the bike sounds great spec-wise!

When I first searched for it a bunch of front suspension 24" dirt jumpers came up in the results.

|

1/29/2019 12:16 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

I think its funny that the thunderbird is advertised as a trails bike with geo following suit, yet they include pegs. Its a very nice gesture on thier part, honestly, the bike sounds great spec-wise!

When I first searched for it a bunch of front suspension 24" dirt jumpers came up in the results.

Agreed. Why would you include pegs for a bike that is clearly trails (check out the tires....). I guess it just goes to show you how little a run-of-the-mill pair of pegs costs to produce... "may as well toss in some pegs to make it appear to have the same value as the shovel of the same price"

|

1/29/2019 12:17 PM

One is a Mythical Creature, the other is just painful.

|