Shoveling the park?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/6/2014 5:00 PM

If the park is snowed out, and you are craving to ride it, do you grab a shovel and get to work on it? I had a few friend say this was absolutely stupid and it's not their job to shovel it, but I think if you want to ride a park, you should shovel it for a little in order to ride. Opinions?

|

2/6/2014 5:07 PM

I have in the spring for the last 8 years ......only thing I'm doing this year is a runway to my parks 5 foot quarter and building a snowpile beside it if there is enough snow to try flips and flairs into ....then I'm leaving the rest of the park for the groms to shovel its time they step up

|

2/6/2014 5:10 PM

When I was in high school we would always shovel the park out.
Now I don't have as much time to ride, but I will still shovel it out if it has to be done.

I typically will take a shovel, broom, and a squeegee if I can get a hold of one.

|

2/6/2014 5:14 PM

no parks around me that bikes are allowed in. i ride in da streets... but i have a small shovel i keep in my jeep for when i go out.

|

"Forget 'today', 'today' is just tomorrow, disguised as yesterday"
TRANSPORTATION CHECK
Refs: ThrowAfit, 2funny4u, ridebmx456, spikez5, irideafly and a bunch of others, I'M LEGIT.
email= element4all@yahoo.com
facebook.
Instagram

2/6/2014 10:23 PM

i'd wait until the weekend is over, east coast might be getting hit with more snow, wouldn't want to spend all the time shoveling to get re covered again

|

2/7/2014 11:31 AM

Shovel to ride it, yes. If they don't shovel, they don't ride. Simple as that. And if they try to ride, hand them a shovel, and if they try to dodge you, throw it at them, or jam it in their wheels.

Same with trails. You don't put in the work, you can go to hell if you think you get to ride.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/7/2014 1:33 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Shovel to ride it, yes. If they don't shovel, they don't ride. Simple as that. And if they try to ride, hand them a shovel, ...more

Couldn't have said it better.

|

2/7/2014 1:48 PM

I would be ok with it but in mn its not really a option its too cold and the salt they use on the roads is terrible to your bike

|

street need people in st cloud mn to ride with

2/7/2014 2:08 PM

Christopher_Foecke wrote:

I would be ok with it but in mn its not really a option its too cold and the salt they use on the roads is terrible to your ...more

Sure it is...just not so much this year haha.

Last year we shoveled off a lot of the plaza, same with the year before.

But yea, road salt sucks. Trashes metals.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/7/2014 5:47 PM

Me and my friends spent a long time shoveling a skatepark this year! I swept slush for an hour while my friend's rode not helping recently.

I HATE FREAKING WINTER. I wanna ride a damn bowl with my new setup so damn bad!!!

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

2/7/2014 8:54 PM

Hell no lol. If theres snow on the ground its too damn cold to be riding anyway.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

2/7/2014 9:10 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Hell no lol. If theres snow on the ground its too damn cold to be riding anyway.

Amen.

|