Show us your Battle Scars!

Related:
Create New Tag

12/11/2017 10:23 AM

Ive been getting into the world of grinding and seeing firsthand the amount of abuse your bike takes compared to just riding transition and such.

I want to see everyones battle scars and share any stories you might have assoiciated with the damage.

Can be bike or body related I suppose. wink

|

12/11/2017 12:04 PM

My cranks from countless grinding Photo

Worn down my drive side pedal because my grinding technique sucks
Photo

Scratched up my bars crashing so much

Photo

I don't know if you can tell by this pic but the dropouts on my forks are bent from.. Bet you can't guess... Grinding haha
Photo

|

Follow me on instagram @69instagreg
BOTTOM TEXT

12/11/2017 1:00 PM

Not bmx related, but an actual battle scar laughing

Photo

|

12/11/2017 1:29 PM

am-shaegar wrote:

Not bmx related, but an actual battle scar laughing

Photo

Close enough! Thanks for sharing!

Im not sure you like it but its a pleasant looking scar.

Im sure it wasnt pleasant to get, though...

|

12/11/2017 1:31 PM

Left was a bmx race in 2010, went OTB.
Right was from a motocross crash in 2016, went OTB
Seems to be a common theme for me.

Photo

|

12/11/2017 2:10 PM

Deadsailor666 wrote:

Photo

if the pins are still in. looks like you are indestructible now!

I just have hamburger shins from pedal strikes right now...and mostly gained mountain biking so I don't know if they count?

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

12/11/2017 2:48 PM

Deadsailor666 wrote:

Photo

Yep the colarbone loves to snap! I also broke my left colarbone racing motocross as well... also went OTB, grabbed too much front brake going into a berm and BAM! I saw stars I don't knw how long I was laying there (at first I didn't even know it was broken) and I was trying to get my jersey off and I couldn't really move my arm... and I thought maybe it was just bruised really bad then I looked through the neck hole of the shirt (I have no idea what it's
called lol... so neck hole I'd all I can think of to call it:lolsmile and I saw it, and it was all yellow and swollen and I'm like, welp, it's definatly broken! So I went to the hospital, they checked for concussions and what not, they have me a sling and sent me on my way!

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

12/11/2017 4:15 PM

Photo

My hand didn't slide very far but the ground is like a cheese grater.
|

12/11/2017 4:38 PM

Deadsailor666 wrote:

Photo

I've got one of those! Before & after pics.
Photo

|

12/11/2017 5:40 PM

ive never broken a bone.. ive always been so scared of braking an arm or an ankle.. its one of my biggest fears when it comes to bmx injuries

|

12/11/2017 5:52 PM

Manny Perez wrote:

ive never broken a bone.. ive always been so scared of braking an arm or an ankle.. its one of my biggest fears when it comes to bmx injuries

Ive had quite a few broken bones, fractures, lacerations, ligament tears and ruptures...

Its not fun, wear pads, dont do shit too far above your comfort level and you might be lucky enough to avoid serious injuries. I have spent years of my life in pain and limited mobility.

Dont listen to people saying "pads are stupid" or "go big or go home, pussy"...

Learn at your own pace, dont let anyone force you to do things you arent confident doing.

|

12/11/2017 5:56 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/11/2017 5:59 PM

Photo

Didn't know it was broken till i reached for something and my shoulder folded in half, very strange feeling. Broke the same collarbone less than a year later even with the titanium plate on it. I made sure the surgen let me keep the plate. Photo
Looks like it bent almost 90 before it snapped
After a nice long pavement slide when i was 13
Photo

Waking up in the hospital after my worst crash (clip is gonna be in the kirolling dvd this spring) happy because i thought i was gonna die but i just got a concussion. Photo

Tore my hands up again a few weeks ago

Photo

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

12/11/2017 6:06 PM

Deadsailor666 wrote:

Photo

I wish i had pictures from some of my serious injuries...

Broken collarbone (dirtbiking)
Broken wrist (dirtbiking)
Broken shoulder (dirtbiking)
Broken ribs (airsoft)
Various lacerations from working construction
Various broken fingers and toes (car doors, toe stubbs lol)
Meniscus tear (airsoft)
Full Meniscus rupture (1000lbs of wood and steel fell on my leg)
Ruptured foot ligament (bmx)
Fractured foot (bmx)
Fractured hand (punching various walls)

All this and MORE! wink

Messed up a few feebles on a cement ledge
Photo

I do have a few pics of my most recent foot injury
Photo

|

12/11/2017 6:39 PM

these are probably the worst ones, not including an MRI of the herniated disc in my back cause that's not really a scar so idk if I'd count it haha

The screws from my ACL surgery
Photo

Photo

My new ACL made from my hamstring!
Photo

The space where my ACL used to be before they repaired it
Photo

Yummy scar. A friend of mine said "You really shouldn't shave your legs..." to this once hahah
Photo

X-ray of my finger from when I broke it funny... I nose dived off a rail straight to my index finger... it was cocked at a 45° angle before I kinda freaked out and forced it back straight. Not sure if that was a smart move, and I'm still mad at my past self for going into a bit of shock instead of taking a photo of it like that! How dare I. haha. But yeah, it broke in a weird spot that required surgery or I'd never be able to bend or straighten it again
Photo

Mr. Pin to hold the bone together. Sometimes I swear I can feel it inside there
Photo

ate shit to my knee onto a rock or cracked piece of the blacktop... didn't realize it was this bad till I got home later and wondered why I had blood everywhere more than usual. could kinda see a little bit of guts in there but couldn't really get a good photo if it
Photo

Needed some stitches for it
Photo

|

12/11/2017 6:46 PM

Damn I don’t have my mri from my ACL. But do have one from my meniscus...have to find it. But minus them, a ton of meaty paw and shin cuts. Oh and a broken wrist. I learned to bail safe real early on

|

12/13/2017 11:14 AM

I've got the typical scarred shins, and a few other pretty gnarly scars. But non of them look that impressive. Here's my bikes recent scars thoughPhoto
Photo

Photo

|

12/13/2017 12:16 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote: Photo

Didn't know it was broken till i reached for something and my shoulder folded in half, very strange feeling. Broke the same collarbone less than a year later even with the titanium plate on it. I made sure the surgen let me keep the plate. Photo
Photo

Waking up in the hospital after my worst crash (clip is gonna be in the kirolling dvd this spring) happy because i thought i was gonna die but i just got a concussion. Photo

Photo

About that broken titanium plate ... that's what you get for trying to save weight!
I hope you went with lifetime warranty heat treated chromoly for the second one. laughing

|

12/13/2017 12:20 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote: Photo

Photo

Photo

am-shaegar wrote:

About that broken titanium plate ... that's what you get for trying to save weight!
I hope you went with lifetime warranty heat treated chromoly for the second one. laughing

Lol

|

12/13/2017 12:40 PM

Manny Perez wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

Ive had quite a few broken bones, fractures, lacerations, ligament tears and ruptures...

Its not fun, wear pads, dont do shit too far above your comfort level and you might be lucky enough to avoid serious injuries. I have spent years of my life in pain and limited mobility.

Learn at your own pace, dont let anyone force you to do things you arent confident doing.

I am also in this camp...don't want to break things. I have broken bones in the past, but it was playing hockey...I won't risk breaking bones riding my bike...going all out at that level, until someone is paying for me to take that kind of risk.

I don't need peoples approval or injury risk to prove my manhood. If I bail out of a trick, it is because I have decided that the reward is not worth the pain investment if I fail.

Some of that is also probably age now...I don't heal as quick after doing stupid things...

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

12/13/2017 12:46 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/13/2017 12:46 PM

Manny Perez wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

sXeBMXer wrote:

I am also in this camp...don't want to break things. I have broken bones in the past, but it was playing hockey...I won't risk breaking bones riding my bike...going all out at that level, until someone is paying for me to take that kind of risk.

I don't need peoples approval or injury risk to prove my manhood. If I bail out of a trick, it is because I have decided that the reward is not worth the pain investment if I fail.

Some of that is also probably age now...I don't heal as quick after doing stupid things...

Same. I am happy with the tricks I can do & will try new stuff as I see fit. I'm not doing anything to impress anyone. I'm just riding for my own enjoyment.

|

12/14/2017 7:05 PM

Photo
Went otb today. First time riding in weeks

Photo beat up shins almost constantly

Photo busted teeth going otb 2 years ago

Photo otb again 2 years ago

|

12/15/2017 4:38 AM

Broke my jaw twice, numerous sprained ankles, sprained wrist, and scars in various places.

|

12/15/2017 7:03 AM

Super-Pawl wrote:

Broke my jaw twice, numerous sprained ankles, sprained wrist, and scars in various places.

Hitting your face is the scariest

|

12/15/2017 9:04 AM

Super-Pawl wrote:

NateBrown62 wrote:

Hitting your face is the scariest

yup...

|

12/15/2017 9:10 AM

Countless sprained ankles, countless torn ligaments/muscles, torn cartilage, a broken wrist and I've smashed my teeth a few times. If I can find a picture of me after my last incident with a car, I'll put it up.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

12/15/2017 10:46 AM

p1p1092 wrote:

Countless sprained ankles, countless torn ligaments/muscles, torn cartilage, a broken wrist and I've smashed my teeth a few times. If I can find a picture of me after my last incident with a car, I'll put it up.

How did the car incident happened? Was it serious?
I am in constant fear of breaking something on my bike while riding on the streets and going under the wheels of the car next to me laughing

|

12/15/2017 11:03 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/15/2017 11:12 AM

am-shaegar wrote:

I am in constant fear of breaking something on my bike while riding on the streets and going under the wheels of the car next to me laughing

The driver oversteered around a corner and crushed me against the curb. Somehow, the bike flipped and I scorpioned for about 10 feet. It was a hit and run but it's a pretty safe assumption that the driver was drunk as it was the day after Paddy's day.

I smashed 2 teeth, got pretty bad road rash on my face, tore enough flesh off my hand that I could see the individual bones moving and a concussion(which I'm still having effects from). All that said, I got lucky; if I'd been a few meters further ahead, I would probably have been killed.

Still though, I'll never forget the look on my friend's face when he opened the door to me, covered in blood and clearly in shock. I can't remember much from that day(I'm missing about 2 days before the accident) but I do remember asking him if he was still up for going to our dirt jumps laughing (at that point I hadn't realised how bad the damage was).

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

12/15/2017 11:55 AM

p1p1092 wrote:

am-shaegar wrote:

p1p1092 wrote:

The driver oversteered around a corner and crushed me against the curb. Somehow, the bike flipped and I scorpioned for about 10 feet. It was a hit and run but it's a pretty safe assumption that the driver was drunk as it was the day after Paddy's day.

I smashed 2 teeth, got pretty bad road rash on my face, tore enough flesh off my hand that I could see the individual bones moving and a concussion(which I'm still having effects from). All that said, I got lucky; if I'd been a few meters further ahead, I would probably have been killed.

Still though, I'll never forget the look on my friend's face when he opened the door to me, covered in blood and clearly in shock. I can't remember much from that day(I'm missing about 2 days before the accident) but I do remember asking him if he was still up for going to our dirt jumps laughing (at that point I hadn't realised how bad the damage was).

Damn...I think you win...lol

Its not funny but it is interesting.

|

6/8/2019 12:55 AM

p1p1092 wrote:

I still remember the day I thought I could clear a huge triple at regionals for 15 expert and ending up doing a scorpion rolling thing numerous times and breaking my first real good helmet right in half and severing the tendons in my left hip area, needless to say that was the last day I could race bmx... I lost twice that day. But still doesnt seem that bad compared to yours, damn.

|

6/8/2019 2:38 AM

Here’s mine Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

just living with autism and riding bikes