Shredded Tire - Almost Died

Related:
Create New Tag

7/4/2017 7:57 AM

Photo

I was gapping from a bank to quarter. Came up short and caught an edge. Serves me right for running these cheap mission tires.
|

7/4/2017 9:05 AM

My friend had one of those, and he was putting it on a wheel at my house. The bead tore straight off at about 60 psi. Nothing good comes from budget parts...

|

Pegless and coaster is ultimate zen

7/5/2017 10:18 AM

Picked up some Demolition Momentums on lunch today. Never again will I run a budget part. I think I underestimated how much and how heavy I'd actually be riding.

|

7/5/2017 10:47 AM

Roose87 wrote:

Picked up some Demolition Momentums on lunch today. Never again will I run a budget part. I think I underestimated how much ...more

I am a HUGE fan of these tires. IF you do TONS of rough stuff grinds, they have thinner sidewalls, and might not be the best. If you grind smooth stuff or do really anything else, GREAT tire.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/5/2017 11:08 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/5/2017 11:09 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

I am a HUGE fan of these tires. IF you do TONS of rough stuff grinds, they have thinner sidewalls, and might not be the best. ...more

Yeah not many rough grinds for me, so I'll be set. I remember you mentioning how much you liked them in a thread, and albe's had them at the shop, so thank you for the unintentional recommendation!

|

7/5/2017 12:43 PM

Roose87 wrote:

Picked up some Demolition Momentums on lunch today. Never again will I run a budget part. I think I underestimated how much ...more

dave lawrence wrote:

I am a HUGE fan of these tires. IF you do TONS of rough stuff grinds, they have thinner sidewalls, and might not be the best. ...more

Roose87 wrote:

Yeah not many rough grinds for me, so I'll be set. I remember you mentioning how much you liked them in a thread, and albe's ...more

Absolutely! Honestly if I can get someone to snag up my Animal TWW tires (which won't happen due to them being 2.1) I would instantly get another set. I ran tan walls both sets, and LOVED em. I would probably get tan or white walls next go around. Although I did like the gray with black sidewalls as well.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/5/2017 12:51 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Roose87 wrote:

Yeah not many rough grinds for me, so I'll be set. I remember you mentioning how much you liked them in a thread, and albe's ...more

dave lawrence wrote:

Absolutely! Honestly if I can get someone to snag up my Animal TWW tires (which won't happen due to them being 2.1) I would ...more

I went with all black 2.35 in front and 2.2 in back. Still slightly fighting the fat tire fad.

|

7/6/2017 3:56 PM

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

My friend had one of those, and he was putting it on a wheel at my house. The bead tore straight off at about 60 psi. Nothing ...more

Indeed.

You can always get Kenda Contact tires for around $16-18.00 each. Not the best but they hold up better than Mission tires from what I have seen in person and here.

|

7/6/2017 6:51 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Roose87 wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

Absolutely! Honestly if I can get someone to snag up my Animal TWW tires (which won't happen due to them being 2.1) I would ...more

I love those tires! In NJ ive only found one brand new set and i had for about a year and a half. Animal makes really good tires.

|