Sick New Pump Track and Trails in Nanaimo

Related:
Create New Tag

8/14/2017 6:24 PM

I took my son to this place today:

Stevie Smith Bike Park

It's so fun! There were some guys on dirt jumpers doing flips on the trails. We just rode the pump track for an hour and half or so. I can't wait to go back. I'll post some photos later if any of them look ok. If you can make it to Nanaimo to ride this place, do it. So fun.

|

8/14/2017 6:32 PM

Of course after I move away they build one

|

Ride till you die

8/14/2017 7:17 PM

I just found a huge pump and dirt track in Willoughby too! That place looks rad!

|

8/14/2017 8:04 PM

Cam-bmx wrote:

This kind of thing always happens to me. The last time it was a band coming to the town I moved away from two days before they played. My band would have gotten to be an opening act. Electro Quarterstaff - amazing instrumental metal.

|

8/14/2017 8:07 PM

BcBMX80 wrote:

I just found a huge pump and dirt track in Willoughby too! That place looks rad!

It is! I want to have a pump track in my yard if I ever get to own a yard. The race track is right there too and it's really fun to just roll around on it. I'm not gonna lie, I've never ridden real trails and they kinda scare the hell outta me. I want to try but not yet.

|

8/14/2017 9:25 PM

Yea I'm a long time trail rider and I still have sketchy moments in fast turns etc, they can be pretty hairy if you dont move your body right. Go slow till you know the track or trail then find your line and rip...

|

8/14/2017 9:48 PM

Here's an out of shape 41 year old poorly pumping a corner.

Photo

|

8/14/2017 11:37 PM

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

Here's an out of shape 41 year old poorly pumping a corner.

Photo

Right on!

|

8/15/2017 12:06 AM

I just rode some gnarly trails there fun as hell another main reason I went out and bought a bike with a break

|

Ride till you die

8/15/2017 12:20 AM

That looks fun! There's a pump track fairly close to me. It's pretty small but it's gnarly, like really tight. You have to go fast to clear everything, but the jumps are really close and the burms are tight. I don't really ride it though because it's in the middle of nowhere

|

8/15/2017 1:37 AM

Cam-bmx wrote:

I saw this , wouldn't mind visiting it . I'd probably go once I own a DJ bike but that'll be a while . It's sick though for the scene .

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

8/15/2017 3:23 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

That looks fun! There's a pump track fairly close to me. It's pretty small but it's gnarly, like really tight. You have to go ...more

The place I went to is an hour away. Well worth it. Make some time, it's so fun.

|

8/15/2017 3:27 PM

Cam-bmx wrote:

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

I saw this , wouldn't mind visiting it . I'd probably go once I own a DJ bike but that'll be a while . It's sick though for ...more

Just go. You don't need a DJ to ride there. Hell, you could have fun on the pump track on anything. There was a guy skating it. I thought about bringing a board. I will next time.

|

8/15/2017 4:23 PM

Anything DJ can do a bmx can, they are the og dirt jumpers... Brayden if you wanna meet at Willoughby one day I'm down for a rip.

|

6/17/2018 8:57 AM

I'm going back to this place today with my 20" bike. I haven't really ridden that bike much since getting it so this will be fun. I'll get more pics and maybe some shots of the trails if I remember.

|

6/18/2018 11:14 AM

I’m planning on going out to the island this fall to ride with my buddy wade who lives not to far from Nanaimo and I have cousins who live in Nanaimo , definitely want to check this place out , I hear the air house is pretty cool too

|

6/18/2018 10:28 PM

I don't know anything about the air house but that park is amazing. I'm pretty terrible and I still had a blast just hitting the pump track. I want to learn to ride trails but they kind of terrify me a bit. There's a new bike park with trails and a dirt pump track in Cumberland too, right beside a really nice new park.

That park is super fun. I didn't take many pics this time because there was a lady that ate shit hard on the dirt jumps and got carted away in the ambulance. I rode my 20" bike this time and it was a lot different. Way more full-body workout but not in a bad way.

I plan to go to the pump track at least weekly for the summer. Let me know when you're around if you want to ride with an old guy that sucks. smile

|