180 help PLZ???

Related:
Create New Tag

4/20/2013 7:42 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/20/2013 9:10 PM

Got any tips on what to do or not to do?

|

4/20/2013 7:45 PM

Sure, carve a bit in the opposite direction that you're spinning, carve the way you're spinning, hop, turn your head and keep it turned, kick the back of your bike around and fakie out of it.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

4/20/2013 7:55 PM

Four wrote:

Sure, carve a bit in the opposite direction that you're spinning, carve the way you're spinning, hop, turn your head and keep it turned, kick the back of your bike around and fakie out of it.

go in the opposite direction never hurd of that ill try it tommarow and ill let you know how it gooes

|

4/20/2013 9:02 PM

I do them whenever because it's fine and one of my confident tricks. You can carve into the 180 first, pull up, then spin the rest of it. I find you use your body/legs to push your bike more than anything. Just try them, they're easy smile

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

4/20/2013 9:31 PM

pop them knees up a little so the bike can have some room to come up. More air time means more spin time. But you don't need much on 180s. Focus on getting the bike backwards and it will happen.

Also, It'd be easier to give advice if you explain a little bit where during the 180 you're having the most trouble.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

4/20/2013 9:46 PM

BMXism wrote:

pop them knees up a little so the bike can have some room to come up. More air time means more spin time. But you don't need much on 180s. Focus on getting the bike backwards and it will happen.

Also, It'd be easier to give advice if you explain a little bit where during the 180 you're having the most trouble.

So I will turn in the direction I am spining then hop move my body the way I'm spinning then I end up in a 90

|

4/20/2013 9:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/20/2013 9:50 PM

When i first started doing them i was lucky to get 90 but i just kept trying to put more effort in and spin a little further each time, after a few days i was landing backwards and then i finally rolled out of one a day or two later. People have given you the tips, just try to keep going further and further on your spin, you will eventually get it. If you don;t have your rollouts down you should also get those dialed

|

4/20/2013 9:55 PM

hop higher. carve. turn your head. and just commit to it. you cant fall on a 180...

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

4/20/2013 9:58 PM

Brownboys wrote:

So I will turn in the direction I am spining then hop move my body the way I'm spinning then I end up in a 90

How far are you turning? It should be just a tiny pre-carve nothing big.. then quickly hop and twirl the bike around as you do so. When you pop it with good spinning momentum (and bring up your knees a little) the 180 pretty much lands itself.

Gotta get the back wheel where it needs to be. -Focus mostly on landing backwards- Try it all day, you'll get it dude.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

4/20/2013 10:42 PM

BMXism wrote:

Brownboys wrote:

BMXism wrote:

How far are you turning? It should be just a tiny pre-carve nothing big.. then quickly hop and twirl the bike around as you do so. When you pop it with good spinning momentum (and bring up your knees a little) the 180 pretty much lands itself.

Gotta get the back wheel where it needs to be. -Focus mostly on landing backwards- Try it all day, you'll get it dude.

okkkk

|

4/20/2013 10:47 PM

feeble_to_face wrote:

hop higher. carve. turn your head. and just commit to it. you cant fall on a 180...

Lies. When your doing an 180 gap hauling ass down something. And you land and don't have time to backpedal and your weights back. You fly off the end.

|

Jade Bike Check
Refs : ninjacat33 ; SuperstarDk ; ecuadevil ; xbikeascammer ;blizzbikes ; tcbmx ; mattjmuldoon@hotmail ;bmx ; Uoykcuf ; BrokenBmx, the balt; Pavimo; bmx-junkie; Fit.Team.Rider' tito24; trentydoo; brendan.magner.9 ;Scramhype ; Jonathan.Vargas ; jared42069; tomdon ; lifeofridden2200; howlerfbm

4/21/2013 7:51 AM

feeble_to_face wrote:

dream wrote:

Lies. When your doing an 180 gap hauling ass down something. And you land and don't have time to backpedal and your weights back. You fly off the end.

flat 180...

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

4/21/2013 9:03 AM

You gotta turn your head and try to hop high.
I have seen kids doing flat 180s without even hopping and trust me it just looks retarded.
The most important thing is commit to it and you'll eventually get it.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

4/21/2013 6:20 PM

Guess what guys I got 180s on scooters...... Tryed em on my bike I felt sore but I got em to 100 ba news is since i'm sore I don't think I can ride for like 3 days but I also got rollouts on scoots

|

4/21/2013 6:25 PM

Brownboys wrote:

Guess what guys I got 180s on scooters...... Tryed em on my bike I felt sore but I got em to 100 ba news is since i'm sore I don't think I can ride for like 3 days but I also got rollouts on scoots

I hope you are joking.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

4/21/2013 6:28 PM

feeble_to_face wrote:

flat 180...

i fall on flat 180s sometimes, if im hauling ass

|

Jade Bike Check
Refs : ninjacat33 ; SuperstarDk ; ecuadevil ; xbikeascammer ;blizzbikes ; tcbmx ; mattjmuldoon@hotmail ;bmx ; Uoykcuf ; BrokenBmx, the balt; Pavimo; bmx-junkie; Fit.Team.Rider' tito24; trentydoo; brendan.magner.9 ;Scramhype ; Jonathan.Vargas ; jared42069; tomdon ; lifeofridden2200; howlerfbm

4/21/2013 7:01 PM

Brownboys wrote:

Mikel8149 wrote:

I hope you are joking.

I'm not

|

4/27/2013 7:56 PM

Not to be an asshole, but there is a search bar, and it comes in handy.

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

4/27/2013 10:32 PM

Fuck scooters. ( Little bastards ) my sons a scooter kid. Lol

For the 180 tho I always recommend people get em dialled up and down curbs cuz it teaches you to put more effort in and you get more air time, then when you come to do em flatground there easy.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

5/6/2013 7:38 PM

Still don't have 180s Ill post a vid tommarow and you guys can pick out my flaws so I can fix em

|

5/6/2013 10:55 PM

Ive been trying to help the new kids at the park learn 180s and 360s, when learning spin tricks its all in the commitment of keeping your head and shoulders looking to the direction you want to spin, you have to commit to your head looking straight backwards, as soon as you stop looking the way your trying to spin you kill your spins momentum and it stops rotating.....also more speed never hurts, its better to be fully commited to learning a trick and crashing then repeatedly crashing cause of lack of speed and commitment, dont be scared to take some slams its innevitable in progression

|

5/7/2013 12:53 AM

Brownboys wrote:

Still don't have 180s Ill post a vid tommarow and you guys can pick out my flaws so I can fix em

Sounds good, you'll get them soon though dude just keep working at them!

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

5/7/2013 6:57 AM

180's were a NIGHTMARE for me. It was constant try and fail. One day I finally started to get the rotation and then it took a while to be able to start the rollout. Then, I was out riding one day, and my friend had to go. I didn't feel like going in since it was so nice, and I kinda got mad at 180's and started trying them and then I just hopped as high as possible and threw myself around and landed one didn't roll out though. Got them that day. You just have to keep working at them.

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

5/7/2013 9:45 AM

Four wrote:

Brownboys wrote:

go in the opposite direction never hurd of that ill try it tommarow and ill let you know how it gooes

In snowboarding we call this a preparation turn or simply s carve.
What you do is turn the the way opposite to the direction you want to spin to get more momentum.

|

5/7/2013 10:43 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/7/2013 10:43 PM

|

5/7/2013 10:56 PM

The video of me trying to 180
|

5/8/2013 1:55 AM

Brownboys wrote:

That's definitely not a 180...
It seems like you're not committing enough to it, everyone is scared before trying something new, but you got to get over it and start trying to actually spin it.
You started out good but then didn't hop high enough neither turned your head in the air.
Just try it again and see how it goes, good luck!

|

5/8/2013 2:17 AM

Brownboys wrote:

You are going a bit slow, you need to go faster. Also keep your head turn, and try to do a bit of the rotation holding the front wheel in the air, and then hop, keeping you head and shoulders turn.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

5/8/2013 5:47 AM

You gotta go faster, and pull up more, but as you pull up turn your hole body and look in the direction your intending on heading and continue to carve as you are pulling up and once you get in the air your momentum will keep you spinning just make sure to level out while learning 180's it will help lots with learning 360's later

|

i used to like pork till i found out it came from cops...

5/8/2013 8:03 AM

Thanks for the advice guys. Ill try it later today after school

|