Signing a wavior before using city parks?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/18/2012 6:23 PM

My and my cousins are on vacation in Naples florida. All 3 of us bought new bikes. Today after my cousin picked up his bike we tried to find sanction skatepark and we got there after driving around for and hour and some then as we were getting closer, it looked ghetto and ghettoer like my aunt bought a house in a gated community, it's all old people and we've seen like lower middle class places and been like "there's the ghetto of Naples lol" and shit. This was like fuckin ghetto ass fucking people. We were the only white kids there, driving a brand new jeep with 3 brand new bikes strapped to the back. When we got there, we realized the park was gated in and went to the little trailer thing and the guys were like "is anyone 18?" and I was like "no the oldest is 17" and they told us we needed an adult to sign a wavior and before we left I said "he has a fake I'd, he's 20" and the guy laughed and I said "we came all the way from Nova Scotia eh?" and he was like wellllll and the kid beside me was like no you shouldn't blah blah...
After that long ass story, do you gotta sign anything? The shifty parks in NS just have a sign saying Use at own risk or some shit

|

8/18/2012 6:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/18/2012 6:30 PM

most intelligent park owners will require you to sign something so they don't get sued if someone was to hurt themselves, most insurance companies who insure skate parks will require signed waivers.

and what does riding in the ghetto have to do with anything? like i tell everyone else who has a problem with any one other than white people, come to my hood because black kids are gonna be the least of your worries.

fuckin' Canadians.

|

8/18/2012 8:52 PM

Dont know about the rest of the states, but cali passed legislation in 98 I believe that classifies skating, riding, scootering, as HRA's or hazardous recreational activities. Meaning you cant sue the city or the parks dept. etc. for hurting yourself doing those things.
As I understand it its "the" reason we have so many public skateparks here in cali.

So in short, no we dont gotta sign shit.

|

8/18/2012 9:33 PM

In Ohio only private parks require waivers. Public parks do not.

|

8/19/2012 10:42 AM

i know in Pennsylvania we had to sign waivers to ride at any public park...here in Oklahoma you don't have to sign anything.

|

8/19/2012 1:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/19/2012 1:08 PM

sbc785 wrote:

i know in Pennsylvania we had to sign waivers to ride at any public park...here in Oklahoma you don't have to sign anything.

In PA there's a pretty small amount of parks that are actually maintained so you usually don't need to sign a waiver.
I only know 1 park around me that you do, it's about 45 minutes away. Of course it's pretty rural around where I am.

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert