Skate Shop F.I

Related:
Create New Tag

3/29/2014 7:57 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/29/2014 7:59 PM

Keeping this short. A skate shop opened up a while ago. The skate scene is massive here , the shop is owned by a skater who rides for 30 years now. This was my first impression.

I went in to the shop. It has alot of clothing ; being heavily streetwear oriented I was impressed. But while shopping the staff brought out a foam airplane and started throwing it over my head at his friend. Pretty immature. Then I heard him comment,"It's like the Mayalasian plane ! Where is it? It disappeared!" I heard this and walked out...

For a business , it was disappointing. I love supporting local shops but this was a disaster. I was let down. I will NOT use my hard earned money for people who make inappropiate jokes and mess with my shopping experience. My local clothing boutique shut down so I want to find a store where I can by clothes and get to know the staff but this was a huge let down. It makes me think of skaters like that now too. Pretty bad representing.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

3/29/2014 8:01 PM

You ever go to 3ride?

|

3/29/2014 8:02 PM

The joke was funny. Whatabitch

|

3/29/2014 8:03 PM

softbmx_Josten wrote:

the joke was hilarious actually... Honestly... I think you took it a bit too serious... most people go to skate shops and bike shops for this exact enviroment...

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

3/29/2014 8:05 PM

softbmx_Josten wrote:

Yah it was fucking hilarious. I'm sure if your family was on it and you never had ANY information on them you'd be laughing. Grow up.

|

My Cult 2 Short

3/29/2014 8:07 PM

softbmx_Josten wrote:

DeviantBMX123 wrote:

the joke was hilarious actually... Honestly... I think you took it a bit too serious... most people go to skate shops and bike ...more

Exactly. Better than a store full of uptight fuckwits

|

3/29/2014 8:07 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/29/2014 8:16 PM

Might just be the asshole in me, but I'd find that funny if I went in and they were acting like that.

I was with a friend of mine when he went to buy one of those vape pen things and there were just 2 guys working there and my friend was asking questions and the guy's like "..dude, idk man. I just work here." obviously just fuckin around, but his co-worker was like stop messing around, so the guy pulled out 2 pens to compare them and goes "Okay.. so, this one's black so it's automatically not gonna work." We geeked the fuck out at that comment, like were not racist at all but that was just such a ballsy thing to say especially since he didn't know if we'd get offended, lolz were had and my friend purchased a couple things from him

|

3/29/2014 8:10 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/29/2014 8:16 PM

softbmx_Josten wrote:

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Yah it was fucking hilarious. I'm sure if your family was on it and you never had ANY information on them you'd be laughing. ...more

Im new and don't know the yet rules
|

3/29/2014 8:10 PM

eskimojay wrote:

You ever go to 3ride?

And no , it's in North Van which is like an hour car ride minimum. Too far. I'd rather just order things .

|

My Cult 2 Short

3/29/2014 8:15 PM

softbmx_Josten wrote: Im new and don't know the yet rules

This is a warning but racism is not tolerated on this forum.
Next time you drop a post like that you will get the ban hammer.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

3/29/2014 8:24 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

And no , it's in North Van which is like an hour car ride minimum. Too far. I'd rather just order things .

How about you chill out.. People die everyday.. If I walked into that shop and that happened I'd be like cool they're acually chill and not all serious like other shops..

|

Bang Bang bmx

3/29/2014 8:25 PM

Brokenbmx wrote:

This is a warning but racism is not tolerated on this forum.
Next time you drop a post like that you will get the ban hammer.

[LINK TO IMAGE]
|

3/29/2014 8:32 PM

ThugLifeBmxRiderz wrote:

How about you chill out.. People die everyday.. If I walked into that shop and that happened I'd be like cool they're acually ...more

I guess it's just a difference in what people prefer.

I'd rather walk into a shop that treats customers like customers and not objects for a fucking plane to fly over. As I said , if you want my money (I actually came to buy the shops signature hoodie . As I said I represent locals). I guess people took this really seriously , I'm not uber butthurt but for a FIRST IMPRESSION I expected thing to be more business oriented. I feel for the family members of flight 370 and I find jokes are still a bit early , but hearing it from a staff member , regardless of it being a skateshop or not , would typically end in a negative manner for that employee.

Don't tell me to chill out when I'm simply pointing out my opinion. You quoted the wrong reply btw.

|

My Cult 2 Short

3/29/2014 8:33 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/29/2014 8:34 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Might just be the asshole in me, but I'd find that funny if I went in and they were acting like that.

I was with a friend of ...more

I literally laughed at the black comment...

But exactly. no need to always be serious.... some stores its expected but with skate and bike shops and some more informal places(vape lounges) you almost want to be treated like a friend

|

Deviant BMX store

3/29/2014 8:37 PM

I went to. 3 ride once .....thinking the guys where hungover cause they where quiet and boring as hell.....cool
Shop though .....I deffinatly enjoy a comedy of offensive humour vibe though......George carlin is the shit

|

3/29/2014 8:38 PM

DeviantBMX123 wrote:

I literally laughed at the black comment...

But exactly. no need to always be serious.... some stores its expected but with ...more

Correct.

In more professional areas like if you were seeing a wedding planner, lawyer, doctor, stuff like that, you'd want them to be more serious. Not super serious, have a few chuckles but no rude/satire/disrespectful comments. To be fair though, making racial/gay/offensive comments (even just messing around) is really pushing it though, you never know if someone will take offense to it.

Shop I work at, I'm usually pretty chill to everyone who comes in, and I take note how they act & they start swearing or making funny/rude comments, I'll crack a joke or two as well.

|

3/29/2014 8:50 PM

If you think thats bad try hanging out with a bunch of soldiers in Iraq, you hear all kinds of shit, you gotta try not to take things too seriously, the joke wasnt even that bad

|

3/29/2014 8:57 PM

I could imagine some pretty crude jokes while at war .....sense of offense would be pretty dulled down after shooting and blowing shit up all day or just from being burnt out on being away from home in a war zone

|

3/29/2014 9:09 PM

I'm not racist, I have a color TV. In all seriousness you have to know the people around you. A joke to me (I'll joke about anything) might be funny to me but not to someone who is about to give the company I work for money in order to pay me. That shit drives me nuts and I won't support places like that.

|

Da Laird

unfuckwithable ill

Refs-brokenbmx, MaximusBikes, Brian_Griffin, Colonydirt94, Aebasher

3/29/2014 9:34 PM

eskimojay wrote:

I could imagine some pretty crude jokes while at war .....sense of offense would be pretty dulled down after shooting and ...more

i was real into navy seals for a long time and i read like all the autobiographies and almost all said that the hardest part about coming back to civilian life was realizing what was appropiate and what wasn't... and that if you dindt laugh even if it was entirely inappropiate you wouldn't make it out sane. I mean seeing your friends(multiple at the same time sometimes) die would just be completely mindnumbing...

|

Deviant BMX store

3/29/2014 9:35 PM

I'm colorblind, I don't see race.....

|

3/29/2014 9:36 PM

But whatever, I used to be really bad with stuff like that. I would move on and buy stuff.

|

3/30/2014 4:19 AM

softbmx_Josten wrote:

DeviantBMX123 wrote:

the joke was hilarious actually... Honestly... I think you took it a bit too serious... most people go to skate shops and bike ...more

this. Its just a joke, i have heard much worse thing beiong said by lots of people.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

3/30/2014 6:29 AM

The other day someone I know posted a link on FB to an ad off Craigslist for the missing plane saying they wanted to get rid of it as soon as possible.

Honestly, the tragedy sucks, but jokes are how some people cope. I found the ad kinda funny in its own way. The joke they cracked was reasonably amusing, yea, it sucks for those with missing family, and in general, but on the same note, I would be like, "wow..." and leave it at that. They are different people, and sure, that was not the most professional way to act, but do you expect them to be as serious as a tax professional at a skate shop? To me that would be an awful atmosphere.

The worst situation I came across was at a local frozen yogurt place when the worker wasn't helping customers, he was talking about partying, getting high and getting arrested with his buddy. That pissed me off, but not enough to not go there again, only because I WAS IN LINE TO PAY FOR MINE. Had he been helping customers, it wouldn't have been an issue, and that is because I think people are gonna do what they are gonna do, if they want to portray themselves like that, so be it. To me, that means he will always be working jobs like that, unless he starts representing himself better.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/30/2014 8:08 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

The other day someone I know posted a link on FB to an ad off Craigslist for the missing plane saying they wanted to get rid ...more

lol.
But hey, if you think about everydays thousands of people die everyday.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

3/30/2014 10:08 AM

Some people laugh it off, others will be displeased.

But we can safely guarantee there will be one so offended that they must let the internet know.

|

3/30/2014 3:33 PM

I think you guys are more butthurt than I WAS

Man , I post something because threads weren't moving , so I decided to add an opinion , and everyone fucking loses their heads about my reaction LOL Damn , it's like the moment you mention religion...basically you guys. Taken WAY too seriously.Photo

|

My Cult 2 Short

3/30/2014 4:39 PM

Sure it would be different if everyone agreed with you though.

|

3/30/2014 5:49 PM

we added our opinions.. its called a conversation....

|

Deviant BMX store

3/30/2014 9:40 PM

Last time i went to my local skateshop the dude working there was playing call of duty between ringing people up and he called me an asshole... Needless to say i love that place.

|