Skatepark movement

Related:
Create New Tag

5/16/2011 5:28 PM

hey me and a bunch of other skater, bikers are making a movement to get a skatepark built. I need a name for the movement. I was thinking the "wheels movement" or the "Rollin on wheels movement". Also any suggestions for fundraising?

|

5/16/2011 5:34 PM

hold a big street riding "get-together" for a fundraiser and put all proceeds towards a park and present it to your local gov. officials. if you get kicked out of spots, be kind and polite and dont make a fuss, but getting kicked out will show a need for the park.

as far as the name goes, how about something like "park in __city name___"

|

All my edits are iPhone edits...

last member of the week ever

G-SPORT - S&M - FIT - ODYSSEY

5/16/2011 5:39 PM

Skooter wrote:

hold a big street riding "get-together" for a fundraiser and put all proceeds towards a park and present it to your local gov. officials. if you get kicked out of spots, be kind and polite and dont make a fuss, but getting kicked out will show a need for the park.

this sounds pretty good

|

Refs: 36 + (i forgot a few)!! ScramHype (x2) , TCbmx.(x4), Ecuadevil (x3), Lee Rager (please dont delete me) x3, Futurefbm, genisis,netti spagetti, carjakester,BMX-\1995/, showtime402 (x2), 562_Rider , SuperstarDk (x2), Kurt4413, Joe green (x2), Dee hos, Spenlard,roqfan,Stolen Cherry, ninjacat33, Broughton, also local deals with Droogskull, and jbeaton13

5/16/2011 5:39 PM

Skooter wrote:

Warchol2 wrote:

this sounds pretty good

we might do something similar this year in my town since they just tore down our only park.

|

5/16/2011 5:42 PM

Skooter wrote:

we might do something similar this year in my town since they just tore down our only park.

wtf? y tear one down unless it was old / falling apart

did they put something in its place?

|

Refs: 36 + (i forgot a few)!! ScramHype (x2) , TCbmx.(x4), Ecuadevil (x3), Lee Rager (please dont delete me) x3, Futurefbm, genisis,netti spagetti, carjakester,BMX-\1995/, showtime402 (x2), 562_Rider , SuperstarDk (x2), Kurt4413, Joe green (x2), Dee hos, Spenlard,roqfan,Stolen Cherry, ninjacat33, Broughton, also local deals with Droogskull, and jbeaton13

5/16/2011 5:46 PM

Warchol2 wrote:

this sounds pretty good

Skooter wrote:

Warchol2 wrote:

the owner is selling the land. they started to tear it down one day but instead of getting rid of everything, they just unscrewed all the screws and turned them point side up so nobody could ride it. me and my buddies got a group of 15ish people together and put it back together in an hour and rode it that day for 8 hours straight cuz we knew it would be the last time we would be able to. now its completely gone. just a big slab of concrete with a fence around it. sad day. it was a great park too. it was unlike any park ive ever been to. all outdoors and made of wood and alot of huge box jumps and pyramids. 12 foot halfpipe in the back (sketchy as balls but fun) and 2 8 foot flyboxes laid next to eachother. big gaps. mini pipe hip into a roller to wallride.... ugh i wish i could go back... there were so many things i wanted to ride again but never will. street sucks here too...

|

5/16/2011 5:51 PM

sucks dude, it was privatly owned, im guessing, so i guess the guy can do whatever he wants, if you petition enough, and do those riding group days, it should show the city that you cant go without a park, good luck

about how many riders wold you say ur town has

|

5/16/2011 5:55 PM

Warchol2 wrote:

sucks dude, it was privatly owned, im guessing, so i guess the guy can do whatever he wants, if you petition enough, and do those riding group days, it should show the city that you cant go without a park, good luck

about how many riders wold you say ur town has

hmmm our town has about 10 but we know alot that we call to come ride all the time from about a half hour away so we could scrounge up 20-25 bikers and maybe 20+ more skaters.

|

5/16/2011 9:04 PM

Skooter wrote:

Warchol2 wrote:

Skooter wrote:

the owner is selling the land. they started to tear it down one day but instead of getting rid of everything, they just unscrewed all the screws and turned them point side up so nobody could ride it. me and my buddies got a group of 15ish people together and put it back together in an hour and rode it that day for 8 hours straight cuz we knew it would be the last time we would be able to. now its completely gone. just a big slab of concrete with a fence around it. sad day. it was a great park too. it was unlike any park ive ever been to. all outdoors and made of wood and alot of huge box jumps and pyramids. 12 foot halfpipe in the back (sketchy as balls but fun) and 2 8 foot flyboxes laid next to eachother. big gaps. mini pipe hip into a roller to wallride.... ugh i wish i could go back... there were so many things i wanted to ride again but never will. street sucks here too...

you should have taken the shit and built your own park

|

me
setup

nollie tailwhips
nose manual
nollie 540 cab try it its fun

5/17/2011 5:02 PM

bricerbmx wrote:

you should have taken the shit and built your own park

they sold them.

|