Skateparks and lights turning off early

Related:
Create New Tag

8/12/2014 6:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/12/2014 6:22 PM

So this has happend to me a few times. The most recent I was mid barspin over a spine and the lights turned off right as I threw the bars. Scariest thing in my life. The lights at our park are suppose to turn off at 10 yet it turned off at 9:55. Anybody else have this happen to them or a friend before? Any crazy stories? I honestly think this is unreal how the lights will shut off and it's very dangerous

|

8/12/2014 6:29 PM

An indoor park I go to during the Winter has done that before, not when I was mid trick though. But I was sitting at the top of the roll-in area and the lights flicked on and off before, and it was nowhere near closing time. Just someone working there thinking they're funny I guess. They don't do that anymore though cause someone I know was apparently doing a 180 bar over the box and they turned the lights off then and he ate complete shit, and went up and bitched them out. Which they deserved, that's fucked up.

|

8/12/2014 6:59 PM

our outdoor park doesn't have lights.

When it gets dark you go home

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

8/12/2014 7:03 PM

K_A_N_E_ wrote:

our outdoor park doesn't have lights.

When it gets dark you go home

same

|

I ride to stay on two wheels and have fun!
BIKE CHECK

8/12/2014 7:06 PM

our only skatepark that allows bikes is in the ghetto and is next to a playground and a baseball field, all with no lights. Some dude got stabbed and died in the baseball field and now the city wants lights, but not in the skatepark area. fml

|

I ride to stay on two wheels and have fun!
BIKE CHECK

8/12/2014 7:23 PM

My local skatepark is right next to load trains. They have freaked me out mid trick before. That's nowhere near as bad as the lightes going out tho.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

8/12/2014 7:23 PM

I've seen it happen. A buddy was mid 360 over a spine when they went out. He RIPPED THEM A NEW ONE about it.

Local park lights are supposed to go off at 10, usually between 10 and 10:07 they are off.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/12/2014 7:31 PM

When that would happen some of my buddies i use to ride with would just find the timer/ power box and just turn them back on and no one would ever come tell them us to leave

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

8/12/2014 11:55 PM

At my park we have light but were not using them because people in a building 50 feet away complained and theres trees in the way of the building and the lights weren't even strong enough to light up the entire park

|

Bang Bang bmx

8/13/2014 10:29 AM

one park here has a siren giving you a 10 minute warning before the lights go. good thing parking garages are always lit!

|

It’s all bmx

8/13/2014 8:22 PM

Yeah I think warnings and a headsup before the lights turn off would be so much better and safer all around. Bikes aren't allowed at any parks near me anyways. Haha

|