Skateparks getting knocked down

Related:
Create New Tag

2/5/2014 12:56 PM

There are about forty people i ride with who all live in the same town. The council have knocked our skatepark down as it was a mess but they dont seem interested in getting a new one. Im just curious to see who else has the same problem

|

2/5/2014 1:19 PM

I don't even have a park to knock down.sad

|

IG: therealclintvessey

{\_/}
( • .•)
/-🚲

2/5/2014 1:31 PM

^Same :/

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

2/5/2014 1:37 PM

T-rider wrote:

Did yours get knocked down or did you not have one in the first place

|

2/5/2014 1:50 PM

whats your definition of a "mess"?

|

2/5/2014 1:56 PM

Which park?

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

2/5/2014 1:56 PM

T-rider wrote:

Jamie.MacMillan.28 wrote:

Did yours get knocked down or did you not have one in the first place

I dont have in the first place.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

2/5/2014 2:35 PM

Actually we have the opposite thing going on our local park just raised $540,000 to maintain and expand the park as well as installing lights over the entire park

|

2/5/2014 2:36 PM

SecretBMX wrote:

Actually we have the opposite thing going on our local park just raised $540,000 to maintain and expand the park as well as ...more

Lucky.

|

{\_/}
( • .•)
/-🚲

2/5/2014 2:41 PM

SecretBMX wrote:

Actually we have the opposite thing going on our local park just raised $540,000 to maintain and expand the park as well as ...more

Shortdude wrote:

Lucky.

Kinda but most of it is business the Park was built in memorial of a 11 year old that was killed that happens to be the son of the Owner of the Citys baseball team, they also own the baseball stadium although the skatepark was build and funded entirely on donations without tax payer money.There is another park near here that was built on donations as well, in the end it really come down to the community. If the community isnt behind it then it gets shut down or abandoned most small towns cant get parks because the backwards ways of the people that live there looking at BMXers and Skaters as thugs or trouble makers and forgetting at one time they were kids too.

|

2/5/2014 2:43 PM

SecretBMX wrote:

Shortdude wrote:

Lucky.

SecretBMX wrote:

Kinda but most of it is business the Park was built in memorial of a 11 year old that was killed that happens to be the son of ...more

You're still lucky. The nearest skatepark to me is 10 miles away. And its tiny.

|

{\_/}
( • .•)
/-🚲

2/5/2014 3:57 PM

Shortdude wrote:

Lucky.

SecretBMX wrote:

Kinda but most of it is business the Park was built in memorial of a 11 year old that was killed that happens to be the son of ...more

Shortdude wrote:

Ten miles. Not all that far really.

|

2/5/2014 4:22 PM

They knocked down your messy park and the council isn't interested in building a new one? Wonder why.

|

2/5/2014 8:50 PM

My local bowl got removed for an olympic sized pool. So now I go to one 15 minutes away. Sorry to hear.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

2/5/2014 9:01 PM

Its not the citys responsibility to clean up skateparks. If it was a mess, then thats their reason to tear it down. They dont want a grimy ass skatepark full of lazy asses making the town look bad.

Id bet you that if everyone got together and made it look nice and welcoming theyd be alot less likely to tear it down.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

2/6/2014 7:03 AM

SecretBMX wrote:

Shortdude wrote:

biggybuggy wrote:

Ten miles. Not all that far really.

But I'm not old enough to drive yet and my parents won't ever take me. Plus it only has 3 ramps, a ledge, and a rail.

|

{\_/}
( • .•)
/-🚲

2/6/2014 7:17 AM

10 miles... The closest one to me is 45 miles.

|

Bruh

2/6/2014 7:22 AM

Zach P-D wrote:

That really sucks.

|

{\_/}
( • .•)
/-🚲

2/6/2014 7:45 AM

thankfully, plans for a new park only 8 miles away in the summer :D

|

Bruh

2/6/2014 7:51 AM

I go up to Springfield MO every summer and they have a massive skatepark.

|

{\_/}
( • .•)
/-🚲

2/6/2014 8:35 AM

skubasteve wrote:

whats your definition of a "mess"?

Sides of ramps falling off, smashed bottles and poorly built (it was designed by a bridge maker)

|

2/6/2014 8:37 AM

Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

Which park?

Lawsondale i live right outside of aberdeen so if i drive to a park im just as well going to one twenty miles away as our closest park due to traffic

|

2/6/2014 8:45 AM

Zach P-D wrote:

Im not nearly in as big a problem as you but i have the choice between a busy city and a short distance e.g 10 miles or quiet and long e.g 20miles

|

2/6/2014 9:26 AM

SecretBMX wrote:

Thats pretty cool.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

2/6/2014 12:53 PM

Fondue wrote:

They knocked down your messy park and the council isn't interested in building a new one? Wonder why.

The thing thats really annoying though is theres an industrial estate where i live with some really big oil companies working there who donate money to the council and the council spend this by donating money to housing companies to make communities bigger and if this continues happening and more bmx riders move over it makes our problems worse cos the police are having to kick you out of places your riding and stuff like that

|