Skaters playing games of flat SKATE at skate parks depreciation thread

Related:
Create New Tag

2/22/2014 7:04 PM

Depreciate it.

This is probably almost as annoying as scooter kids. Bunch of skaters get together and their logic is basically:

"Hey man, see that big box jump, nice rail, sweet hubba, and grind box!?"
"Yeah man they look awesome! Wanna play SKATE?"
"Sure! Right at the end of the rail/hubba set up okay?"
"Nah man let's just play right before it, totally not in the way or anything."

Shit annoys me so much, was at a park tonight & there was a game of skate going on directly next to the rail set up, so no one could ride it. Eventually I just started grinding it with them in the way since they don't understand what "Watch out please" means. No matter what park, there's always a group of them that do this. I don't understand why. Almost, ALMOST, as bad as scooter kids, but at least scooter kids can land shit.

/csb /rant

Share your stories if you wish, that's what this depreciation thread is for!

|

2/22/2014 7:10 PM

Shit like thats why i dont ride park anymore, theres a park by my school and everytime i pass by it theres always either scooter or skaters sitting right on one of the ledges even though theres a damn bench set up for people to sit on

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

2/22/2014 7:14 PM

Not at my park!

|

2/22/2014 7:29 PM

handlebar-to-face wrote:

Shit like thats why i dont ride park anymore, theres a park by my school and everytime i pass by it theres always either scooter or skaters sitting right on one of the ledges even though theres a damn bench set up for people to sit on

They always do that shit, a lot of kids you have to just grind into them for them to realize it. You tell them over & over that the hubba/ledge is not a seat and they might move once or twice, but go back & sit down. Mostly scooters/skaters but I can see why, they don't have seats like bikers do.

|

2/22/2014 11:31 PM

At my park bitches use it as a daycare for their kids so there 100000000000040303030 scooter kids that are young as fuck and do nothing but ask stupid questions and get in the way, the skaters are pretty cool tho we all know each other because it's a small town so there isn't usually problems if there is someone will just say gtf out of my way ha

|

2/23/2014 12:33 AM

Dennon21 wrote:

At my park bitches use it as a daycare for their kids so there 100000000000040303030 scooter kids that are young as fuck and do nothing but ask stupid questions and get in the way, the skaters are pretty cool tho we all know each other because it's a small town so there isn't usually problems if there is someone will just say gtf out of my way ha

Skate parks, or at least just indoor skate parks, need a goddamn daycare center or something. I don't give a shit that some parent thinks their precious little kid needs to be active, sending their 7 or 8 year old kid on a scooter or bike with training wheels, into a skate park full of people, is retarded. Let alone paying money to do something they could do for free in a random parking lot.

All they do is pedal around getting in the way & using the quarters as slides when their legs get tired

|

2/23/2014 12:34 AM

If they don't acknowledge other people at the park I literally yell at them to MOVE. I don't have the patience for that shit dude, if you want to ride flat go to the parking lot.

|

Bikes. Cameras. Cars. Beer. NYx845

2/23/2014 1:58 AM

That doesnt happen to me smile, cause i dont have a local skaterpark sad

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

2/23/2014 8:05 AM

handlebar-to-face wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

They always do that shit, a lot of kids you have to just grind into them for them to realize it. You tell them over & over that the hubba/ledge is not a seat and they might move once or twice, but go back & sit down. Mostly scooters/skaters but I can see why, they don't have seats like bikers do.

Yeah ive actually seen a few people do that but the park has like a security guarf i guess and he apparently has no problem with the kids sitting and blocking everything but as soon as anyone ask them to move he jumps in a says its fine and just tells them to ride in a different part of the park

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

2/23/2014 8:09 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/23/2014 8:11 AM

@dennon

That is fucken annoying, not too long ago i passed by my local park and there was a guy just walking his daughter through the middle of the park, shit was stupid considering the skate park is right next to a bigass kids play area

|

Murica bike check

2/23/2014 8:21 AM

handlebar-to-face wrote:

@dennon

That is fucken annoying, not too long ago i passed by my local park and there was a guy just walking his daughter through the middle of the park, shit was stupid considering the skate park is right next to a bigass kids play area

What a stupid guy

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

2/23/2014 9:10 AM

handlebar-to-face wrote:

@dennon

T-rider wrote:

What a stupid guy

Right! I dont even ride in the park and it pisses me off, like how stupid do you have to be to even think walking your kid in the middle of a prk where people are riding their bikes and skateboards is a good idea

|

Murica bike check

2/23/2014 9:33 AM

yeah, i understand, i get really pissed when i see people in the middle of the street getting in the way, so i get the feeling .

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

2/23/2014 11:13 AM

Happens allot at my park to but my locals are chill and get out of my way ....I don't get
Why they never play skate using the whole park though makes no sence to me

|

2/23/2014 4:28 PM

its cuz flatground tricks are actually popular in skating. From living/riding for the past 3 years with my roommate who skates, I've noticed that bikes rely more heavily on obstacles to do tricks. not saying that people dont do hop 3s, bars or whips or whatever but because we can ride on so much shit we do. skateboards need kinda ideal setups to do tricks on, so they put more emphasis on being able to do a trick flatground

|

2/23/2014 5:26 PM

I ususally just ride through them.

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

2/23/2014 6:19 PM

sketchytravis wrote:

I ususally just ride through them.

This is what I started doing, they apparently didn't like bikers cause the 1 douche kept flying into bikers, and I was on top a quarter waiting to drop in so I could get speed to go up the rail, and the same douche tries grinding the coping on the quarter I'm on, which has less than a foot to stand on so I'm already taking up the coping's space. Needless to say he ate shit then acted like it was my fault. Some people are just inconsiderate douches

|

2/23/2014 8:13 PM

I hate when I'm riding flatland in a tennis court and old people want to play tennis! Lol.

|

It’s all bmx

2/23/2014 8:51 PM

FEDEXdoobie wrote:

its cuz flatground tricks are actually popular in skating. From living/riding for the past 3 years with my roommate who skates, I've noticed that bikes rely more heavily on obstacles to do tricks. not saying that people dont do hop 3s, bars or whips or whatever but because we can ride on so much shit we do. skateboards need kinda ideal setups to do tricks on, so they put more emphasis on being able to do a trick flatground

then they shouldn't do their stuff at a skatepark unless they actually use it.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

2/24/2014 8:42 AM

This shit happens at my park too. There are benches all over the place, chairs sitting around, AND A COUCH INSIDE, but the skaters still want to chill on the ledges.

|

I haven't rode in forever so I suck and I have 2 Hondas. Follow me on Instagram @softtop2k.417

2/24/2014 10:24 AM

handlebar-to-face wrote:

Yeah ive actually seen a few people do that but the park has like a security guarf i guess and he apparently has no problem with the kids sitting and blocking everything but as soon as anyone ask them to move he jumps in a says its fine and just tells them to ride in a different part of the park

I would tell that guy to go to hell.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura