Skinny vs Fat tires?

Related:
Create New Tag

10/9/2013 4:42 PM

ThugLifeBmxRiderz wrote:

I hate demo momentum tires they suck the bike feels really sluggish and I can't 180 on bikes that have demo momentum tires... Doesn't matter how light the bike is...

bgs1237 wrote:

If a front tire determines if you can 180 or not you should quit life. Also the tread on a tire really makes no difference on a trick like that. Maybe the fatness would if you're used to running skinny tires?

jamiespadina wrote:

tread does make a difference, not much but some. I ride tires with little or most of the time none (Im riding comets front and back) and when i ride a tire with tread it feels a little bit slower and the slide outs seem to grip a little. I do like the little squeek noise i see with people on tires with tread hahaha It would mostly be the noise of the tread going under that bugs me

Yeah it does make i little difference. But it shouldn't with tricks like 180s...

|

Im 15 years old, I suck at BMX, I live in Texas.

That's all.

10/9/2013 5:29 PM

bgs1237 wrote:

If a front tire determines if you can 180 or not you should quit life. Also the tread on a tire really makes no difference on a trick like that. Maybe the fatness would if you're used to running skinny tires?

jamiespadina wrote:

tread does make a difference, not much but some. I ride tires with little or most of the time none (Im riding comets front and back) and when i ride a tire with tread it feels a little bit slower and the slide outs seem to grip a little. I do like the little squeek noise i see with people on tires with tread hahaha It would mostly be the noise of the tread going under that bugs me

bgs1237 wrote:

Yeah it does make i little difference. But it shouldn't with tricks like 180s...

not to much at all mainly the speed of your fakies

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

10/9/2013 5:32 PM

but saying they can quit life just because they cant do a trick is a bit shitty, yeah its weird to hear that people have that problem but everyone has something little that can affect their riding at some point. I had a buckle that rubbed on my frame that for some reason put my manuals heaps and soon as i trued it i was fine again

|

The first breath is the beginning of death