Slammed 13.75?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/2/2014 3:35 PM

Is it possible to slam a wheel on 13.75 with 27-28/9? Enlighten me. I run full link but can add a half link.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

1/2/2014 4:22 PM

I believe you can get pretty close , but I'm not sure if you can slam it fully. Don't take my word , though. Running the chain without adding a halflink should work.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

1/2/2014 4:44 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

I believe you can get pretty close , but I'm not sure if you can slam it fully. Don't take my word , though. Running the chain without adding a halflink should work.

Thanks m8! Id like to get my rear end a little shorter when I get my new wheel rolling. Do you know if 27 or 28t will hold it closer?

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon

1/2/2014 4:46 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/2/2014 4:46 PM

if its not quite slammed, get a 28t
if its too slammed (wont fit) go to 27t
edit: bigger sprocket=more links

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

1/2/2014 4:47 PM

I have a friend who's sponsored by a local clothing company , he runs 9/28 and it feels SOOO good ! I know his wheel is pretty far in his dropout , so I believe that would get you closer ( As mentioned , don't take my word though) . I'd just go for a 28 tooth because it's more common then a 27 tooth , and I know they feel really good. He runs a halflink and it's pretty tight without going crazy.

|

My Cult 2 Short

1/2/2014 4:51 PM

I think ill just get a 28t and deal with it until spring when I order a new frame. Hopefully it will sit really far up though.

|

1/2/2014 4:53 PM

Mine is 25/9 with a 13.75 rear and is slammed
(not sure if this info helps...but worth a look)

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

1/2/2014 5:01 PM

Underground wrote:

Mine is 25/9 with a 13.75 rear and is slammed
(not sure if this info helps...but worth a look)

[LINK TO IMAGE]

Anything helps m8, thanks.

|

1/2/2014 5:09 PM

Who cares if it's slammed?

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

1/2/2014 5:12 PM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

Who cares if it's slammed?

Well as you know, I REALLY want a shorter rear end. But seeing as im not getting my frame anymore, I would rather dial in my current rear end shorter than I already have it.

|

1/2/2014 5:45 PM

If you're not going to resell your frame, why not modify it? Get a round file and shave down the drop outs... if there's room to do that. You can custom dial your chain length in too if you measure everything well and check the length as you go.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

1/2/2014 5:49 PM

BMXism wrote:

If you're not going to resell your frame, why not modify it? Get a round file and shave down the drop outs... if there's room to do that. You can custom dial your chain length in too if you measure everything well and check the length as you go.

I plan on selling it lol. Not really trying to modify anything (other than a half link adapter) just wanna know if 27 or 28 will dial it in closer for the most part.

|

1/2/2014 6:14 PM

Good unlike some kids.

Wants to slam wheel* : Orders new frame with a short chainstay , buys new wheel to fit it , cranks are too long so has to buy shorter ones to match frame , gets a new chain but thinks it wont work with the sprocket , buys a new sprocket so that it wears in evenly with the driver due to the new chain , gets a new BB just because , also buys new pedals and pegs to make everything fresh.

*Complains bike is too twitchy and it's too hard to remove wheel when you get a flat*
Jesus haha.

|

My Cult 2 Short

1/2/2014 6:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/2/2014 6:22 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Good unlike some kids.

Wants to slam wheel* : Orders new frame with a short chainstay , buys new wheel to fit it , cranks are too long so has to buy shorter ones to match frame , gets a new chain but thinks it wont work with the sprocket , buys a new sprocket so that it wears in evenly with the driver due to the new chain , gets a new BB just because , also buys new pedals and pegs to make everything fresh.

*Complains bike is too twitchy and it's too hard to remove wheel when you get a flat*
Jesus haha.

No haha. Im already on a 75.5 HTA and love it. I love everything about my bike end EXCEPT the long ass cs. I originally wanted to slam a wheel on a wifi (same specs as my current frame w/ short cs), but got a 48mm stem and decided that may be too short. Im going to get a Churchill and slam it, or get the Wifi as planned and run it centered. Ive put ALOT of time and thought into my set up. For right now I just wanna shorten it up as much as possible until I can get my new frame and have it perfect.

|

1/9/2014 8:06 PM

28/9 slammed it with the PERFECT chain tension. Little wiggle room but doesn't hit the cs. Thanks to everyone who helped!

|