Slamming wheel with the MDS

Related:
Create New Tag

8/29/2013 6:32 PM

I think it's impossible because with the links i have on my chain now (half link) it makes my axle nuts on my wheel hang off.. It's not that bad but when i put my hub guard on it hangs off more than i want it too and so does my peg. So i take like 1 link out of the chain and it is IMPOSSIBLE to put on seriously it won't go around the mds so i take the pin out the link again and put it around the sprocket and put the back of the chain on the driver and try to put the chain on and i put the chain on like half way and try to pedal it on to go fully around and it act's like it doesn't want to go so i put on one more link and bam same problem i started off with. lol i don't know what to do.. I know slamming isn't that big of a deal but i just don't want peg to come loose while i'm riding.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

8/29/2013 9:29 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/29/2013 9:49 PM

half link chains my friend. and i dont think that happens just with the mds i think it can happen with any sprocket. edit oh crap i didnt see that you had a halflink. You could try filing down your dropouts some

|

virginia beach ~ instagram: @_harru_ ~ 4pegz

8/29/2013 9:45 PM

have you tried a full link chain or a full link chain with a half link piece like the odyssey bluebird chain ?

|

BikeCheck Refs:

BEASTASSDICKwink,Flocka Myers, ecuadevil,White Knight, bmxing12 ,obiwan chromoly,ScramHype, Hatebreeder,SnM An1mal,isnowyaznV2

8/29/2013 10:20 PM

oscar5788 wrote:

have you tried a full link chain or a full link chain with a half link piece like the odyssey bluebird chain ?

I might do that but i have to buy a new chain breaker because the shadow v2 chain sucks ass anyway. I might get the fly tractor chain but i need money. sad probably will get it soon though.

|

8/30/2013 12:07 AM

Get the KMC 410H. Its extremely thick and durable. Its KMCs Heavy Duty chain and it will take anything you throw at it. Besides, halflinks suck anyway. Stretch to easy.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

8/30/2013 12:08 AM

Also if you order the Danscomp Chain replacement pack it will come with the 410H, a chain breaker, and wax lubricant.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon

8/30/2013 1:20 AM

What chain?
How old is the chain? Eg brand new or old and stretched
What frame?
How many teeth on the driver and sprocket

These things will all have a bearing on how close to slammed you can get

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

8/30/2013 8:05 AM

What's your fames chain stay length? Might have to use a master link

I use a 27t MDS with a fly tractor chain and the antigram 9t hub fits perfectly slammed on my day tripper with 13.5 chianstay

|

8/30/2013 1:13 PM

I think it's like 13.625 (fly trueno) and it's the shadow v2 chain one or whatever had it for like 3 months or so and i have a 25t mds.

|

8/30/2013 3:32 PM

Maybe try a full link chain

|

8/30/2013 3:40 PM

plzdntfailmeagn wrote:

Maybe try a full link chain

I had a full link already and it wouldn't slam it hung off the drop out worse than it does now, it's so annoying i wish company's would make bigger dropouts but nope.

|

8/30/2013 3:48 PM

Try full link with a Halflink adapter. Should hold it just right.
Or if riding slammed isnt too tight i just thought of this-

-Remove your drive side crank and sprocket
-slide your spindle out until its flush with your driveside cone washer
-wrap your chain around sprocket and driver
-pull your sprocket towards your bb and line it up with the spindle
-push the spindle through the sprocket hole
-put your drive side crank back on
-get off the internet and go ride some bikes!

Hope that helps
Goodluck m8

|

8/30/2013 3:50 PM

Hope that helps
Goodluck m8!

|

8/30/2013 3:55 PM

Get yourself an Odyssey Bluebird my friend. Half Link Chains are utter wank, they stretch (which is probably what has happened to yours) They Snap, I have snapped every single Half Link Chain i have owned! I have had 2 Bluebird (on different Bikes!) & my friend is running one also, They are the best Chains i have ever used. I hear the Eclat Diesel is basically the same thing too.

OR....

If you can wait a few weeks there will be news on the Odyssey Key Chain, Hollow Pin or Solid Pin. They will have a pre-installed Half Link & the Allen Key Master Link is Fucking Genius!

|

8/30/2013 3:57 PM

Sorry for the question , but what does it mean " slam the wheel"?

|

8/30/2013 4:34 PM

bernardo.costa.12139 wrote:

Sorry for the question , but what does it mean " slam the wheel"?

The axle is all the way in the front of the droppout

|

8/30/2013 4:55 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Hope that helps
Goodluck m8

Lol i have twombolts and they are rhd the right crank won't come off the spindle. I rode it today i brought my tool with me just in case it came loose. I'm going to try the full link with half link adapter. Thanks

|

8/30/2013 5:01 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Hope that helps
Goodluck m8

Mikel8149 wrote:

Lol i have twombolts and they are rhd the right crank won't come off the spindle. I rode it today i brought my tool with me just in case it came loose. I'm going to try the full link with half link adapter. Thanks

Try it the other way then.. take the cranks all the way off and push the sprocket all the way inline with your bb and slide the spindle back through. It should work though, I'd still rrplace the chain. They all say Odyssey Bluebird but the KMC 410H is twice as thick as that. I know people who have had theirs for 4years and never broken a link.

|

8/30/2013 5:23 PM

I think slamming a wheel really can be a turd. just make it so there is an extra half link so you still have room to remove the wheel. It is VERY hard to slam with a Million Dollar Sprocket, but doable, it isnt worth the bother tho, trust me

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.