Sliced shin open

Related:
Create New Tag

8/10/2019 3:27 PM

I just sliced my shin open when I slipped a pedal riding metal pedals. Will plastic pedals make any difference in cutting my shin? Or should I just wear shin pads

|

Barends are for weenies

8/10/2019 3:38 PM

Plastic won't cut that badly, mainly scratches, but if you keep hitting your shin then maybe invest in some pads.

|

8/10/2019 4:34 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/10/2019 4:35 PM

Plastic pedals make zero difference, still to this day one of my worst Scars is from plastic pedal (odyssey twisted pc)

The only real difference is the impact because metals are heavier thats it!

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

8/10/2019 5:17 PM

No matter what pedal you have, any small pin that grazes your shin will do some sort of damage. Of course, if you've got those metal screw-type pins, it might be a little more painful, but if you're really worries, shin pads will do a good job.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike. Instagram: @bmxereyn // YouTube: RH MEDIA

8/10/2019 5:24 PM

Get some knee shin combo or knee/shin/ankle combo pads and it wont be an issue!

|

8/10/2019 11:39 PM

just sand down your pins if you have plastics or remove them/grind them down with metals

|

8/11/2019 12:53 AM

I don’t think I’ve cut my shin anywhere near as badly with plastics as I used to with metals. They’re more likely to give a dull thud with some bruising and a shallow graze. But I’ve still got scars from using metal pedals years ago

|

8/11/2019 8:32 PM

Had a bad shinner about a month back with PC pedals. 10x worse than I've ever had with metal pedals. I could fit my finger in that shit

|

8/12/2019 5:17 AM

Shin pads are awesome. Then you have SO MUCH LESS WORRY when it comes to shinners etc.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/12/2019 4:43 PM

After years of abusing my legs with skateboards or pedals or stems I've had enough...always just ride with shinpads and kneepads now (unless I'm cruising somewhere for transport).

I got some mega beefy downhill mtb shin pads for $16 on sale, because they were size S. Recently I got some football (soccer) shinpads that fit better under jeans or pants - very low key. You can even get ultralight soccer pads without straps that just slip under long socks.

|

8/12/2019 4:47 PM

SirCaseAlot wrote:

After years of abusing my legs with skateboards or pedals or stems I've had enough...always just ride with shinpads and kneepads now (unless I'm cruising somewhere for transport).

I got some mega beefy downhill mtb shin pads for $16 on sale, because they were size S. Recently I got some football (soccer) shinpads that fit better under jeans or pants - very low key. You can even get ultralight soccer pads without straps that just slip under long socks.

Yeah i got POC dh kneepads and they are super good at knee protection

|

Barends are for weenies

8/16/2019 9:48 AM

dear diary, today on vitalbmx i learned that plastic pedals hurt more than metal pedals, and that to stop getting shinners you should just shave the pins off your pedals to ride on a flat surface

u guys rule

|

i love dick

8/16/2019 11:02 AM

|

fack off

8/16/2019 11:13 AM

these would get stuck in you
|

Barends are for weenies

8/16/2019 11:26 AM

adamnmexican wrote:

I’ve still got a scar on my left calf from triple traps. They weren’t even grippy!

|

8/17/2019 7:29 AM

I've been stitched up 3x on my left shin (its my front foot, therefore most vulnerable).

This is what I do now:

I always ride in jeans and with PC pedals. It is true, if you have shorts on, either type of pedal will rip to the bone if you hit hard enough, but PC pedals won't cut up your jeans as easily, therefore providing a layer of protection. I almost always ride in shinguards too under my jeans. Especially if I plan on any sort of tailwhip or feet taking off shenanegans.

So, with jeans, shinpads, and PC pedals, my legs stay in tackt.

|

8/17/2019 2:50 PM

bmxmanboy wrote: these would get stuck in you

Ive actually had that happen before felt amazing

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit